Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 05:10 PM

430 posts, read 379,873 times

Advertisements

Want the links?

Old 09-09-2014, 05:16 PM

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org...074-4/fulltext

Have to purchase or subscribe to read entire thing.

How different are the adult children of parents who have same-sex relationships? Findings from the New Family Structures Study

Old 09-09-2014, 05:18 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Want the links?
No need. This nonsense has been posted by the bigoted, right-wing religious nutbags of the forum many times - and it's been debunked and discredited just as often.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:26 PM

Ah so the Mayo Clinic is full of it eh? Sorry but I believe them not you. I am not a religious nut either so....like I said. Questions have been asked and answered. Nothing to gain from this thread any longer. Enjoy.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Its not fear.Its awareness. There is a difference.
It would be awareness. Except for the fact that you have use the word threat many times in different posts, and this indicates fear.

All that you doing in your life for you family. Let me ask you a question! if one of your children came to you and told you that they were gay. What would you do. And do not say this will never happen unless you have a crystal ball.

Thrown them out, disown them, disinherit them, how would you as there parent handle this.

And for gosh sakes, because someone is gay, does not mean it is going to spread around. Please my best friend is gay, my husband never had a problem with this, because she is a very good person. And guess what I am still very much into my husband in every way. She did not change me. You are who you are, if that is straight or gay, or in between, and that is life.

You do not damn people because they do not live up to your standard, like some on here do with politics.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:19 PM

17,410 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Ah so the Mayo Clinic is full of it eh? Sorry but I believe them not you. I am not a religious nut either so....like I said. Questions have been asked and answered. Nothing to gain from this thread any longer. Enjoy.
Can't read it.

But I believe Harvard.

Pessimism About Pedophilia - Harvard Health Publications

From the article:

Quote:
Homosexual adults are no more likely than heterosexuals to abuse children.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:40 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Want the links?
You found it on the Internet so it must be true, right?

Old 09-09-2014, 08:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
My oldest is 8. She likes boys. My middle is 5. He has 2 girlfriends according to him. The youngest has yet to start school.Raise them in a traditional family with traditional roles aka not allowing the boy to dress in girls clothes and play with barbies etc and you have no problems. In another words I will be the MAN the wife will be the WOMAN and the kids will be whatever gender they were born with. Simple.

I totally disagree with you, being gay or straight has not one thing to do with how one is raised. Infact the people I know who are gay, and my best friend came from very strict upbringings very strict and traditional in every sense of the way.

You can raise your kids with all the traditional values you can muster up, this will not change their sexual desires, sorry but it will not. Being gay does not have anything to do with how one is raised, but who they desire to be with sexually.

The kids will be whatever gender they were born with, you unsure of their gender.

Do you know how many little children had boyfriends or girlfriends as little children, or even as teens. And are gay as adults.

My daughter had a best friend who was beautiful, great figure, smart, into sports cheerleading. The boys loved her, she was loved by everyone. My daughter did not find out until she was 22 that she was gay.

Infact all of her friends, said no way, but she was. And came from a very traditional family. My best friend said from her teen years she knew, but did not act on her feelings, because at the time she was not ready to admit she was gay. Because people are so very mean and cruel and judgemental.

We hit it off, because I see past differences, big deal she is gay, funny as heck, one hell of a cook, funny family, we all just hit it off. You know what before I met her, I was skeptical of gay people, and I am so ashame that I was.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:10 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Have to purchase or subscribe to read entire thing.
No, I don't. I already have access to this journal, so I can access and read the full article.

Quote:
Ah so the Mayo Clinic is full of it eh?
No, but you are. You're a liar and a manipulator. You altered the quotes you took from the review article and posted on this thread. That's pretty shady.

An Example (just one of several alterations you made to your 'quotes'): What I underlined was not found in the article - you added it. What I bolded, you omitted.

Research have found that 9-40% of pedophiles are homosexuals which is approximately 4 to 20 times higher than the rate of adult men attracted to other adult men. This finding does not imply that homosexuals are more likely to molest children, just that a larger percentage of pedophiles are homosexual or bisexual in orientation to children.

Your lie and your omission point us right to your deception. You altered the article quote to say that 9%-40% of pedophiles are homosexuals when the author says no such thing - which is made very clear in the next sentence (the bolded one above) which you conveniently omitted.

The article reviews various studies about pedophiles, not studies about people's adult sexual orientations. The type of pedophile - whether he molests:

•boys (what your article calls a "homosexual pedophile" - which is NOT a gay man)
•girls (what your article calls a "heterosexual pedophile" - which is NOT a straight man)
•or both boys and girls (what your article calls a "bisexual pedophile - which is NOT a bisexual adult)

isn't related to one's sexual orientation.

A pedophile's sexual orientation (if he has one at all - many pedophiles are not attracted to adults at all, men or women) isn't necessarily reflected in the sex of child he's attracted to or molests. In fact, if you look at the main study this review article references ( http://www.cmrpi.org/pdfs/study.pdf ), it points out that of male pedophiles who molest boys, 8% are homosexuals, 70% are heterosexuals, and rest are either bisexuals or have no adult sexual orientation. All reputable studies on pedophilia have shown that homosexuals are no more likely to be pedophiles or child molesters than heterosexuals.

Let me say that again - when your article refers to "homosexual pedophile" it is NOT talking about homosexuals. But you knew that. That's why you changed the author's words from "The percentage of homosexual pedophiles ranges from 9% to 40%" to "Research have found that 9-40% of pedophiles are homosexuals."

Old 09-09-2014, 10:56 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
So. All questions have been answered. I am not going to change your mind,you aren't going to change mine and before we get the thread locked or deleted. I am will merely leave you with some FACTS and STUDIES that were done. Make of it what you will. I got bigger fish to fry.
You didn't post facts, you posted lies that you yourself are too ignorant to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies