Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 01:08 PM

430 posts, read 379,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Yeah, it's Anders Lagerström's website (here's Anders):

I don't think Anders would like you denying his website's Christian Identity, White Supremacy, Neo-Nazi groundings.

I particularly like that Metapedia puts a little Star of David next to people in its articles so you can tell who's a Jew. I also liked their article on negroids - I didn't know that "the intellectual inferiority of the Negro to other races is primarily due to the lack of exposure to ice ages with their cold climates, limiting adaption to a higher intellect" and that "no matter under which climate negroes live, and how long, they remain intellectually inferior and corporally violent."

Information certainly is found in the Mayo Clinic article (unlike you I've read the article) - but not the information relayed by Metapedia. Metapedia altered the author's words to change their meaning.
Actually metapedia like wikipedia ANYONE can post articles or change information. As far as the inferior stuff hey read the Bell Curve my friend. I read BOTH the metapedia site and the mayo clinic one. Looks the same to me. Just because a "nazi" owns the site doesn't mean he posts the articles...who owns wikipedia? I can go on there right now and change anything I want...add,delete,post a stupid picture etc. I am used to the tactics used by the left....well no you aren't even left...that's insulting the left because I am partly left as well...the tactics you are using are more often used by cultural marxists...can't win argument,smear enemy...been there done that seen it all.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:12 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Uhhhh. Why would having a gay child be "heartbreaking"??? I can assure you that my parents aren't heartbroken that I'm gay.
Then you are very lucky. I have known one that was completely torn up. I doubt that they were thrilled to find out.

Last edited by Cathy4017; 09-10-2014 at 01:20 PM..

Old 09-10-2014, 01:12 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Actually metapedia like wikipedia ANYONE can post articles or change information. As far as the inferior stuff hey read the Bell Curve my friend. I read BOTH the metapedia site and the mayo clinic one. Looks the same to me. Just because a "nazi" owns the site doesn't mean he posts the articles...who owns wikipedia? I can go on there right now and change anything I want...add,delete,post a stupid picture etc. I am used to the tactics used by the left....well no you aren't even left...that's insulting the left because I am partly left as well...the tactics you are using are more often used by cultural marxists...can't win argument,smear enemy...been there done that seen it all.
If you read the material in question on both metapedia and Mayo and you didn't see the difference you must have trouble with reading comprehension.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:22 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
I read BOTH the metapedia site and the mayo clinic one. Looks the same to me.
Did you not put your glasses on? I pointed out some examples of the alterations and manipulations. Since you apparently do have access to the article, I'll ask you this again:

Here's another sentence that you quoted as being from the Mayo Clinic article, but in fact has been altered:

"whereas homosexual pedophiles on average had abused 150.2 children and committed 281.7 acts."

Medapedia/you deleted a key word from this sentence. Please tell us what word is missing, and why you think Medapedia/you chose to delete it (and without indicating it had been removed).

Quote:
I am used to the tactics used by the left....well no you aren't even left...that's insulting the left because I am partly left as well...the tactics you are using are more often used by cultural marxists...can't win argument,smear enemy...been there done that seen it all.
It's extremely valid and relevant to point out when a source is lying and manipulating studies by altering quotes - especially when they're not telling you they are altering the quotes. The ideology of the source is also relevant so you can understand WHY they lied and manipulated in the manner they did.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:23 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Then you are very lucky. I have known one that was completely torn up. I doubt that they were thrilled to find out.
How awful for the kid. It must be horrible (heartbreaking even) learning that your parents hate you for who you are.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:29 PM

778 posts, read 823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
A small, silly example, but it's useful as a parallel. ...The folks who say "not in my house" are speaking of the behavior, not the mentality.
No, wearing hats is not useful as a parallel to someone's sexual orientation, and in many cases, the fact a child identifies as non-heterosexual is enough to cause problems, regardless of their actions.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:34 PM

778 posts, read 823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Well, now you know two. My parents were pretty unphased when I told them I was bi. Of the people I know personally I'd say there's a pretty even split between positive, neutral, and negative reactions, with a minority of extremely negative reactions.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:36 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is a mental disease that can be spread easily. Its a lifestyle CHOICE and can be easily shown and pushed onto young siblings etc. I would try and get my child the mental disease help they would need but if it failed then out they go. I DOUBT I need to worry about it though. So far my kids seem normal.
Pure and utter hogwash!

Old 09-10-2014, 01:43 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
Quote:
If all help failed then he/she would be shipped to grandparents or military school to finish off high school. Once 18 where he/she lives is not my concern as they are an adult. I HIGHLY doubt I have anything to worry about though. I can not and will not allow a mental disease in one of my children to be allowed to be passed off as something we accept or condone nor support and with 3 other kids around there is no way we could allow that child to stay in the home. We would always love the child but who knows how we would feel if that did happen. I think anyone who states they would or would not throw child out is wrong in saying that because saying it now may not be how you feel when child hits that age.
So would you treat a child that had schizophrenia in the same manner if treatment failed? Homosexuailty isn't contagious.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:45 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
No, wearing hats is not useful as a parallel to someone's sexual orientation, and in many cases, the fact a child identifies as non-heterosexual is enough to cause problems, regardless of their actions.
So says one version and side of the story almost all of the time.

I'd need to see a lot more samples with a lot more data from all of the actors involved in the drama before I could conclude one way or the other whether the simple announcement "I am gay" is getting minor children tossed into the streets in any statistically significant number.

All I have is articles where you see words like "suggests" a lot, based on small populations and really poorly gathered/incomplete data.

America simply is not as homophobic as the hysteria suggests. When someone can give me a solid proof of the "rampant homphobia" hypothesis, I may begin to believe it, but anecdotes from small populations filtered through a partisan 3rd party lens? yeah, I'll need something a tad more rigorous before you make me a believer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies