Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 10:58 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
What's wrong with showing love from a distance?
If other have to explain it to you the problem is within you.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:59 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yes......you never know.
No, your sexuality is what it is. It's not gonna change.

Quote:
Like I said before.....look at the "gay for the stay" people in prisons.
Having sex discordant with your sexual orientation doesn't change your sexual orientation.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:06 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,237 times
By the way, I'm thoroughly amused at all the christians approving of tattoed and others like him through silence.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:07 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times
Quote:
Yes......you never know.

Prison rapes are more about power than satisfying sexual needs; also, preference has nothing to do with being opportunistic. One may prefer Pepsi over coke, but given the the scenario in which no Pepsi is available for several years, that individual may settle on a coke as opposed to no soda at all. This still doesn't change the fact that this individuals preference is for Pepsi, and once Pepsi is available said individual will go right back to drinking Pepsi.

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And if you were to abandon your minor child to the street, hopefully someone would inform the authorities and you would be prosecuted the fullest extent of the law.
The minor child has rules to follow. None are difficult. They would understand this from the time they were very young. I personally wouldn't toss a minor child out unless they got physical with my wife, in which case they'd be expelled with sufficient force to land across the street. Other than that, i would simply adopt a military lifestyle for children hellbent to not follow rules and policies in exchange for free room & board. Life can be made extremely spartan if one so chooses, and if a kid wants to have acomfier life, well then I'd suggest keeping me happy on my very simple rule set. If not, enjoy a bootcamp like existence.

At 18 though? Yeah, yer bounced. Not for being gay, because I could care less about that, but break any of my other simple rules of life, and see ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Some people do not exercise self control at all.. if they do practice self control and have a strong sense of self and what is right and wrong then they have a much better chance of what life throws at them. If one is easily led and has a weak sense of who they are , then they will be opened to many more avenues in life .

There are many seducing spirits that they are opened to.. If one hangs with people who steal and see nothing wrong with it,they make it a practice , then if that person is easily led , they too will take on an opened attitude to stealing . If they do accept stealing as acceptable it becomes their belief and take that path in life, and many wind up in jail and will not change their way of thinking even though it is wrong.
So gay people don't have any self control and that if you hang around gays you'll become gay?

I'm a live and let live kind of person for the most part ... or I aspire to be. But some of the trains of thought in this thread are the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Quote:
Yes......you never know.

Listen, I know you don't believe that you could just wake up one day and be gay.

And I think you might watch too much OITNB.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
So gay people don't have any self control and that if you hang around gays you'll become gay?

I'm a live and let live kind of person for the most part ... or I aspire to be. But some of the trains of thought in this thread are the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Listen, I know you don't believe that you could just wake up one day and be gay.

And I think you might watch too much OITNB.
I understand how people in prison are lonesome.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:14 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The minor child has rules to follow. None are difficult. They would understand this from the time they were very young. I personally wouldn't toss a minor child out unless they got physical with my wife, in which case they'd be expelled with sufficient force to land across the street. Other than that, i would simply adopt a military lifestyle for children hellbent to not follow rules and policies in exchange for free room & board. Life can be made extremely spartan if one so chooses, and if a kid wants to have acomfier life, well then I'd suggest keeping me happy on my very simple rule set. If not, enjoy a bootcamp like existence.
I'm confused - you've now said very different things. In your previous post you said that you would throw your child (of any age) out into the street if he or she disrespected you, disrespected your wife, disrespected your cat, had sex in your home, or intentionally destroyed something in your home. Now you're saying you'd only throw your child out if he or she physically assaulted your wife. Which is it?

Old 09-09-2014, 11:17 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
being a teenager at one time, and watching over a teen nephew right now I can tell you that teen hormones are all over the place. they do not know what they trully want at that age. I don't a person knows they are trully gay until they are in their early 20's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Really?

Do you have any teenagers in your life?

i assure you, they KNOW.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:19 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
I love how people like you and the other fools on the left just jump to conclusions about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
This thread, as in all threads about gays, homosexuality or anything related to it, shows how much ignorance and hate is promulgated by the anti gay crowd. Anti gays who seem to think that they know so much more about gay people and how we came to be then we ourselves do or the professionals in the medical field. They would rather keep their troglodyte minds in the past and in their religion, which again is something from our past. How could any straight person know anything definitive about gay people, how could they know how or why we are gay? And sins are relative to the individual and their beliefs and using those to belittle others is egotistical.

I grew up in a Mexican/Indian family and was the first one of my Moms six kids to come out of the closet. I knew I was taking a chance, but she accepted me and was mainly concerned about all the hate and anger that I would have to deal with. I do not act gay, do not sound gay, do not look gay and most people do not know that I am gay and have known me for years. Those that do know, do not care. I also have an older brother and a younger brother that are gay, but they act gay and sound gay and thus deal with the repercussions of it. The problem with being gay is what gays have to take from society, their ignorance and hate is more times than not, obvious. This thread, as in all of them, shows who the haters are and how proud they are of it. With them the saying "Ignorance is Bliss" aptly fits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies