Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 03:25 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
The issue is my car has safety protocols mandated by law in place. I can be reasonably confident that another driver cannot purposely hurt me while driving. And any attempt by another driver to do so endangers them equally.

You are right someone could harm my child without a gun but anything that person would use would be less lethal.

We don't live in the old west any longer.
Safety protocols? You are too funny.

All of my guns have multiple safeties.

And other drives can easily hurt you with hurting themselves. They don't even have to touch your vehicle with theirs to cause and accident where you will be injured.

Kitchen knives sure can do a lot of harm, 27 people were killed and over a 100 injured in this attack. Probably should ban knives, for the children and all.
China knife attack leaves at least 33 dead and 143 wounded at Kunming train station | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 03:33 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,481 times
Quote:
By your argument then guns should be allowed in courthouses and airports.

I don't want you near my child with a gun because I don't know what your intent is nor do I know if you are proficient with the weapon in question. You could have terrible eyesight or lack depth perception. If you had a gun (or anyone other than a uniformed officer) in a school near my child I would be more afraid of what you would do than some unknown threat.
Allowed in MS. Courthouses but the judge can also make his courtroom when in session, gun free. Airport terminals but not past TSA. You have to check it following TSA guidelines if you want to travel with it.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
The issue is my car has safety protocols mandated by law in place. I can be reasonably confident that another driver cannot purposely hurt me while driving. And any attempt by another driver to do so endangers them equally.

You are right someone could harm my child without a gun but anything that person would use would be less lethal.

That's right. Violent people aren't dealt with harshly anymore. They are "rehabilitated" and released back on the streets to perpetrate more evil. If they are caught again, the rehabilitation is tried again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

In the old west, if you did something wrong you were given a punishment that would deter you from future wrong doing. If the crime you committed was bad enough, you were executed swiftly.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:43 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
The issue is my car has safety protocols mandated by
law in place. I can be reasonably confident that another driver cannot
purposely hurt me while driving. And any attempt by another driver to do so
endangers them equally.
Wow, you're really reaching here, man.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:45 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
That's right. Violent people aren't dealt with harshly anymore. They are "rehabilitated" and released back on the streets to perpetrate more evil. If they are caught again, the rehabilitation is tried again. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Are you kidding me? The reason why violent crime rates have dropped so dramatically the last 40 years (the murder rate last year was the lowest in over 100 years) is because over the last 30 or so years we've throw violent criminals in jail at greater rates than ever and then thrown away the key. Our criminal justice system has basically abandoned the idea of rehabilitating violent offenders.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Are you kidding me? The reason why violent crime rates have dropped so dramatically the last 40 years (the murder rate last year was the lowest in over 100 years) is because over the last 30 or so years we've throw violent criminals in jail at greater rates than ever and then thrown away the key. Our criminal justice system has basically abandoned the idea of rehabilitating violent offenders.
Are they getting out of prison and committing more crimes? Here's a good example - Mass. Parole Board Orders Release of Second Man Convicted of Murder as Teen - Massachusetts news - Boston.com Will you let this man watch your kids? He's rehabilitated now. At age 17, he was convicted of stabbing a man to death. He should have been executed by age 18.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:43 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
I just don't see an issue with requiring all new gun sales to require the purchaser to take a gun safety course.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:40 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Hahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What the heck make you think that? Do you REALLY think people have NOT been killed by a car "just because".....

Quote:

You do realize that "blunt objects" killed more people than rifles and shotguns combined in 2012, right?

Live in the future, not the past, do some research....not what you have been told to say..

Old 09-10-2014, 06:41 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
I just don't see an issue with requiring all new gun sales to require the purchaser to take a gun safety course.
Why should they?

Old 09-10-2014, 06:45 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Allowed in MS. Courthouses but the judge can also make his courtroom when in session, gun free. Airport terminals but not past TSA. You have to check it following TSA guidelines if you want to travel with it.
What about banks and post offices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies