Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 10:57 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times

Advertisements

in the last days, good people are bad, and bad people are good.. it is written good is bad, and bad is good in the last days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 11:07 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Ugh, he was an obesity merchant. No one who cares about their body would touch Chick Fil A.

I'm OK with his intolerant opinion, it just gave me one more reason to stay clear of CFA. But don't ask me to admire the guy.
For what it's worth, a study was done that showed Chick-fil-A was actually the healthiest of fast food options. They use real chicken breasts--not processed patties, and make their lemonade from scratch. Sure, it's still not the healthiest thing you can eat but that doesn't diminish his business sense- he made sure to put employees first, and that's something most companies could learn. He was a visionary who kept to his principles, all while sharing his success with his community. Give credit where it's due.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:08 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
all the hate coming from people on twitter just shows how little people have become when someone happens to disagree with their own opinion.
Sadly there is an element of the Progressive movement who are really disgusting people. The irony is lost on them that by celebrating his death because he had different beliefs than the do, it's they who need to embrace diversity & tolerance, not him.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
For what it's worth, a study was done that showed Chick-fil-A was actually the healthiest of fast food options. They use real chicken breasts--not processed patties, and make their lemonade from scratch. Sure, it's still not the healthiest thing you can eat but that doesn't diminish his business sense- he made sure to put employees first, and that's something most companies could learn. He was a visionary who kept to his principles, all while sharing his success with his community. Give credit where it's due.
Just beacaue he may have different beliefs than me doesn't mean I don't respect him and what he accomplished, especially how he treated his workers compared to other fast food restaurants and other business owners. The world needs more guys like him.

RIP.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:25 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Thank you C-D for actually being a bit classy.... only one comment that wasnt kind and even that one was moderate in what was stated.... so while our dear friends here on C-D are more than willing at times to rake the muck, thus far after 24 posts on this subject its pretty nice.

RIP Mr. Chickenman! RIP

Old 09-09-2014, 11:28 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

On the other point, do you think no business founders should ever be given credit for what they do because someone else would fill the void in the market? Really?

Credit should be reserved for those who create demand for a product VERY different in terms of need fulfilled than was previously recognized as being needed. Not chicken instead of burgers. Think cutting edge technology style corps.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:50 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Just beacaue he may have different beliefs than me doesn't mean I don't respect him and what he accomplished, especially how he treated his workers compared to other fast food restaurants and other business owners. The world needs more guys like him.

RIP.
Agreed. Look at Cathy-Truett and contrast how the Wal-Mart family treats their workers.This guy was a class act.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:51 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,134,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
A study, what paid for by the Chickenman? No way, where is it, why didn't you attach? Fried chicken on empty calorie biscuits dripping in saturated fat is the hallmark of their breakfasts. You couldn't eat anything worse for you to start your day.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:27 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,445,049 times
Before you sit down to eat a meal anywhere do you ask what the cook's political beliefs are?

If anyone knew the personal beliefs of every chef who prepares a meal for you, every person who touches your food from farm to table, I bet nobody would eat.

I couldn't care less what the owner of Chick-Fil-A's political beliefs are. They are his alone.

Moreover, now that he's crossed over into eternity, he knows what the purpose of life is, and the answers to everything.

I wish him a good rest for all the jobs he's created and people his company has provided for.

I can't wait till they open up more restaurants.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:27 PM

20,318 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I have no strong feelings either way, about the same as if I heard that one of the Five Guys or Pep Boys died.
Pretty much this for my part. Anyway, now that I know, RIP Mr. Truett.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies