Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 05:45 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Thats the only day I want to eat Chic-fil-a

Its asinine to close down on Sunday. The Sabbath is on Saturday.
And it is asinine to say that just because you want to eat somewhere on Sunday.

There are many reasons why Sunday is important to Christians, try researching a little..

The significance of the first day of the week (Sunday) for Christians

Anyway.. like others, I may not have agree'd with everything he believed in, but I still would not trample his name and I do respect him. RIP.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-15-2014 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 05:47 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2788 View Post
And it is asinine to say that just because you want to eat somewhere on Sunday.

There are many reasons why Sunday is important to Christians, try researching a little..

The significance of the first day of the week (Sunday) for Christians
I've studied Christianity.

I was joking about only wanting to eat there on Sunday. The issue is, they shut down on Sunday as the day of rest, per the bible. The day of rest, is on Saturday, at the end of the week

Old 09-10-2014, 04:37 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
To me, he seemed like a good guy, he created a successful business that employes thousand s of people and through which several families earn their livelihood.
Except for the fact that big chains tend to move into neighborhoods and corner the market, preventing the locals from opening their own businesses while offering them jobs as poorly paid employees subservient to the corporate level.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:49 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I've studied Christianity.

I was joking about only wanting to eat there on Sunday. The issue is, they shut down on Sunday as the day of rest, per the bible. The day of rest, is on Saturday, at the end of the week
Then I apologize for taking what you said out of context.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:55 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
RIP. He seems like a good guy. I admire his principles. Always good to when a business owner cares about something besides money. I don't eat fast food often, but I'll go out of my way to eat at Chic-Fil-A. I like Chic-Fil-A for closing on Sundays. It's a principled stand that benefits the lowest level of workers and nets the company no financial gain. There far too little of that these days.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:04 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Sadly there is an element of the Progressive movement who are really disgusting people. The irony is lost on them that by celebrating his death because he had different beliefs than the do, it's they who need to embrace diversity & tolerance, not him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
all the hate coming from people on twitter just shows how little people have become when someone happens to disagree with their own opinion.
I know, I don't happen to agree with the family's opinions that gay people are pedophiles, are mentally ill, are a danger to children, want to 'recruit' children, can be 'cured', and shouldn't have the same rights and legal protections as straight people. I do agree they had a right to fund millions of dollars to anti-gay groups that promote those messages.

Just a little difference of opinion right?

R.I.P

Last edited by Ceist; 09-15-2014 at 09:13 AM..

Old 09-15-2014, 09:05 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post

Why any business that serves the general public makes their personal social and political views public is beyond me. Seems like bad business to alienate potential customers.
So do you feel the same way about Burger King for its "gay pride" Whopper wrapper?

Old 09-15-2014, 10:06 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
So do you feel the same way about Burger King for its "gay pride" Whopper wrapper?
Or McDonald's black pride website: Home :: 365black.com

Chick-fil-A use to offer a counter to the Burger King gay pride Whopper by funding anti-gay hate groups. Maybe Chick-fia-A can respond to McDonald's website by funding the KKK or launching a White Supremacy website.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Just curious why this is news? Was there an actual Point to be made?

Old 09-15-2014, 10:45 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Or McDonald's black pride website: Home :: 365black.com

Chick-fil-A use to offer a counter to the Burger King gay pride Whopper by funding anti-gay hate groups. Maybe Chick-fia-A can respond to McDonald's website by funding the KKK or launching a White Supremacy website.
... are you comparing "black pride" to white supremacists groups?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies