Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 09:11 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Gosh, that sounds familiar. Except it goes like this: "It's Bush's fault!!!!" Isn't that what Obama and the democrats do when Obama fails at something? Or the other tactic is to scream "racist" when one voices an unfavorable opinion about Obama regarding his policies, performance, and/or lack of leadership.
So you can't address anything. Got it.

Quote:
Definition of obstructionist: Harry Reid.

352 bills are sitting on Harry Reid's desk, awaiting action. 98 percent of them passed with bipartisan support -- Republicans and Democrats working together to pass legislation. 50 percent of the bills passed unanimously, with no opposition.
Here how about this: Definition of an obstructionist is Republicans and Harry Reid.

Everything you said applies to Republicans except on a larger scale. This is the result of the initiation of Republican obstructionism, back and forth political stalemate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 09:44 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
If he really wanted to get something done he would have gotten his butt of the golf course and the fund-raising trail, gone back to DC and tried to find a solution.
Or maybe he should just play golf with Boehner & company

President Obama calls Boehner and Biden his 'favorite golf partners' | TheHill

Old 09-10-2014, 09:56 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
This is true. I'm hoping they will join the Libertarian Party - remember that

I'm 41. Not exactly a spring chicken, but not exactly an old dog either (GenX-er here). I'm on board! Sadly, there are too many low information voters in this country, and elections are treated like a popularity contest or a sporting event. The politicians that seem to be "the most Hollywood" win!

I know I know, folks say our votes are wasted. Guess what? Playing the "lesser of two evils game" and voting for the so-called "lesser of two evils" is still a vote for evil.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Let me know when the other two parties don't suck anymore And I don't mean just suck
I mean suck the life out of the country.
+1

Old 09-10-2014, 10:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking Congratulations Obama for Successfully Disillusioning Millions of Youth Who Thought He Represented "Change"

Darn that Obama!

He sure lights the fuses of the RWNJs.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:17 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,219 times
Seems photos are your response to posts. You let cartoons do the talking for you?? Is that your form of communication? Can't put together a cohesive sentence?

Old 09-10-2014, 10:21 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Seems photos are your response to posts. You let cartoons do the talking for you?? Is that your form of communication? Can't put together a cohesive sentence?
Who? Me?

Carry on.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:29 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
See my post above. As far as getting bills passed, what bills exactly do you want passed?
I don't think it is necessary to list the ones I like out of, I believe 320, the House has sent to the Senate.

How about following NORMAL procedures.

The House passes a bill and it is sent to the Senate.

The Senate Majority Leader, harry reid, DISTRIBUTES each bill to the respective Senate committees. Most bills go to several separate committees.

There the Senators debate the bills. Amendments are offered. Each one is voted on. When the committee comes to a final resolution the bill is voted on by the committee.

Being the dems have the majority in EVERY committee they have the votes to defeat any bill they wish.

If the bill is passed by each committee THEN it goes to the full body of the Senate.

Again, the dems hold the majority and can vote down any bill they wish.

I should NOT have to give a lesson on how the Congress works but, apparently some don't know.

A simple question. WHY WON"T reid let the Senate work as it is designed?

Is he afraid many from his own party members might actually like some of the things in these bills.

Reid is the MAJOR OBSTRUCTIONIST in Congress.

Keeping trying to blame the repubs shows either how little you know or are just a partisan hack.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Congratulations Obama for Successfully Disillusioning Millions of Youth Who Thought He Represented "Change"

Nice job of failing to give McCain, Palin, and Romney the credit they deserve for their help in putting Obama in the White House.

Last edited by burdell; 09-10-2014 at 11:26 AM..

Old 09-10-2014, 11:15 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Where have you been that you don't know this?

Here's a bit of insight for you:

Bill Tracker

Oh, and here's this:

House Dems to Senate: Pass our bills | TheHill

I showed you mine, how about you show me yours where it's not so??
Neither link backs up your very specific numbers and the second one makes no mention of any percentage other than saying a small portion of bills written by Democrats have been stalled.

Do you have any links that show where you got your very specific numbers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies