Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 09:30 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times

Advertisements

A sad loss of life but not the fault of the gun store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 11:18 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The responsibility lies solely with the perpetrator. Sounds like widow is looking for a pay day. Shameful.
Sadly, I agree

Old 09-10-2014, 11:22 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Purchasing 9 guns in 14 weeks should have received some attention but I don't believe that is the case in the current system. Maybe the gun store owner wasn't but if that isn't the case then the system is to blame, we will find out in court.

Either way gun store oversight needs to increased along with national records.

Slain Officer's Widow Sues Gun Dealer Over Husband's Death | NBC 10 Philadelphia
Hopefully the business owner is in compliance with the law and can countersue and leave this greedy woman, and the Brady nutjobs, broke.

Now...is anyone suing Eric Holder over the lives lost with his actions (which were clearly actually illegal) with respect to Fast and Furious?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:59 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
The store sold a legal product legally.

Look to the person who used a legal product illegally.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:47 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
the first problem this lady has is that she needs to prove that the purchaser was reselling the guns to people that had no business owning guns, and that is a tough row to hoe. second she needs to prove that the shooter had a connection with the gun store in some manner and not just though the straw purchaser, but perhaps the gun store set up everything, which means the gun store has committed the illegal act of conspiracy to sell guns to illegal purchasers. if she can do that, then i say hammer the gun store owners in every way possible. otherwise she has no case.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:44 PM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How does the gun shop owner know a person's intent unless said person tells him? I know many gun owners who buy guns in the numbers described in the OP. None of these people break the law or commit crimes. I bought 3 22 caliber rifles in one afternoon. 1 for each of my nephews for Christmas gifts.
I know a guy who collects 1911 pistols. He has at least 50 of them. He only shoots a couple the rest are in display cases. I am 100% certain that not every dealer he ever purchased a gun from new him personally.
I feel sad for the officers widow and for her loss. The criminal is the bad guy in the story and that is who she should focus her wrath upon.

I am sure there are some people that buy multiple guns but it still raises questions, not indicating that this particular owner is at fault, the courts will decide.

A better question would be why a very small percentage of gun shop owners are responsible for a large percentage of straw man purchases and guns used in a crime.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
straw purchasers are a real big problem.
especially in the southern states south of chicago.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:33 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sadly, I agree
Don't be sad...welcome to America.....

Old 09-10-2014, 06:35 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The dude AMBUSHED the cop...

/thread
So, no answer...not that I wanted one, but I figured that I would get some type of response from the OP or that anti gunners...

You know, cause it all the guns fault...had ZERO to do with the person..........

Old 09-11-2014, 07:06 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am sure there are some people that buy multiple guns but it still raises questions, not indicating that this particular owner is at fault, the courts will decide.

A better question would be why a very small percentage of gun shop owners are responsible for a large percentage of straw man purchases and guns used in a crime.
I see, the McDonalds making people fat routine. Or just a couple of them selling too many nuggets.

Most weapons are stolen. There was even legislation here in CA that almost passed making the victim of a burglary a criminal if they didn't report a missing gun.

The caveat was "knowingly". My hood got burglarized and most of the people hit didn't even know it until we went door to door checking on them. All of them could have been criminals by not reporting what they didn't know was stolen. Thank GOD that didn't pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies