Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 05:42 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,389,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
In order to survive as a major political party in this country, Republicans MUST redefine themselves. They must completely discard the bigoted, minority-hating, rich-supporting, warmongering ideology they have cursed this country with. There is no place in this society for a political party that is the haven for bigoted white men, no place for a party that has more in common with the Klan than it does not, and no place for a party whose favors making the rich richer, while everyone else goes to hell. This is why.
There are enough angry white men in America that can be courted for the next 20-30 years, especially with all the gerrymandering. They won't ever win the white house but they are safe in states with GOP supermajorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 05:46 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,587,010 times
Quote:
In order to survive as a major political party in this country, Republicans MUST redefine themselves. They must completely discard the bigoted, minority-hating, rich-supporting, warmongering ideology they have cursed this country with. There is no place in this society for a political party that is the haven for bigoted white men, no place for a party that has more in common with the Klan than it does not, and no place for a party whose favors making the rich richer, while everyone else goes to hell. This is why.

They must become like DEMOCRATS to survive and join us in modern times, not pretend to do so as a way to sucker in votes during election years.
Sounds like Democrats in the first paragraph to me.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:47 AM

430 posts, read 378,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Your 8 yo is probably a heck of a lot more politically intune tho
Yeah she is pretty smart when it comes to knowing what's going on around the country.Course it helps having a father who rants and raves about politics alot. Lexus you realize that the republican party is the party that made sure the civil rights bill was passed right? That the democratic party for a century was the party of the Klan?

Old 09-10-2014, 05:47 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,955,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
LMAO...that sounds like something my 8 year old would say.
No, it's what an adult says to one who has no knowledge.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
There are enough angry white men in America that can be courted for the next 20-30 years, especially with all the gerrymandering. They won't ever win the white house but they are safe in states with GOP supermajorities.
Wow, look at the race-baiting above. You can count on the left to stir hate any time they can.

This has nothing at all to do with race. It has to do with the fact that what you oppose is the only possible way to have a prosperous country. You don't even know what it is, or what it means, you only know you want an all controlling government with no limits, who can give you whatever you want, taken from others who work for it.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:51 AM

29,449 posts, read 19,542,454 times
I voted Democrat in every Presidential election since 1992 (when I was 20) aside for 2012 when I voted for Romney. I will probably vote Republican again in 2016, but I'm going to wait to see what candidate they field, so I don't know for sure. As I am getting older I'm beginning to lean more to the right on many issues (I was always pro second amendment).

I know it won't do any good, but don't see myself ever voting for any Democrat (especially Quinn) in this god forsaken one party cluster **** of a state, where the State Legislature has been run by a singly dictator (Speaker Madigan) for nearly 40 years, and has driven us into the ground. It's laughable that Gov Quinn the guy who was Lieutenant Gov. for Blago and is now in prison, is actually running on his record! Knowing our voting populace, he will probably be reelected.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:52 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,587,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Agreed.. The tip of that triangle (Libertarians) being the views of a very high number of Americans. It really is kinda amazing that they can't pull it together to put a viable candidate up for office. i would think, and I have no facts to back this up, that a majority of Americans would identify more closely with Libertarians than either major party.

The powers that be (and it's not Dem or Rep politicians-but their donors/owners) have the system gamed perfectly in the form of corporate welfare/theft; a Libertarian takeover would threaten that.

Ergo they get no money, press coverage(also owned by the powers that be), or even a voice in debates.

In all honesty the rest of your post paints you as a Libertarian, not a Republican. I

Old 09-10-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Yeah she is pretty smart when it comes to knowing what's going on around the country.Course it helps having a father who rants and raves about politics alot. Lexus you realize that the republican party is the party that made sure the civil rights bill was passed right? That the democratic party for a century was the party of the Klan?
It doesn't matter.

Lexus, and several others here don't believe what they say. Nobody's that stupid. But they do think everyone else is. It's plainly obvious to all that Cummings, the DOJ, Obama, et al, have actively worked together in an orchestrated effort to obscure, obstruct, and continue the corruption Obama sponsors. He's from Illinois, and that's how it works here. There is no law, there is no justice, there is no accountability, and the party is a corrupt, self-serving shadow government with no checks, no boundaries, and nobody is held responsible for breaking the law. And it's why Illinois is in such horrible condition. Obama cut his political teeth on that, and fit in perfectly.

The people who spout this insincere babble know better, but when what you're doing and supporting is indefensible, the only real 'defense' is to muddy the water with blather.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:00 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Several Republican candidates in the year's most competitive Senate races have begun their fall sprint to Election Day, not by embracing Tea Party-fueled conservatism but by defensively tacking leftward.

Let’s start in Colorado, site of a strategic GOP retreat in the “War on Women.”

Read more: Why Are Republicans Suddenly Leaning Left? | RealClearPolitics
Colorado leans very left in many ares of the State. Don't you know that?

Old 09-10-2014, 06:03 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,988,985 times
Quote:

They must become like DEMOCRATS to survive and join us in modern times, not pretend to do so as a way to sucker in votes during election years.
Words of ignorance from our head Obama cheerleader again stirring that racial pot of stew...Republicans freed you blacks from those evil slave owning Democrats only too have you re-chained yourselfs to their new form of slavery...welfare & entitlements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies