Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 03:50 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times

Advertisements

Where's the outrage from all those anti Hobby Lobby feminists?

Planned Parenthood Wants to Limit Women's Access to Birth Control to Save Obamacare
Colorado Republican Congressman and U.S. Senate Candidate Cory Gardner has suggested birth control pills should be over-the-counter as part of his campaign platform and stance on women's health. Instead of applauding Gardner's approach, which would greatly expand women's access to birth control, Planned Parenthood has come out against him. The justification? Obamacare and government dependence for women is better.

Related-
HHS Hands Out $500K To Planned Parenthood To Boost ObamaCare Enrollment

Proof that Planned Parenthood is a paid mouthpiece for ObamaCare propaganda
[love the 1950s fear mongering ]-

Don't fall for birth control plan that would push women back to 1950s
Cecile Richards is president of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 04:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Really it's a war on who get's the money.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:14 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,539,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Colorado Republican Congressman and U.S. Senate Candidate Cory Gardner has suggested birth control pills should be over-the-counter as part of his campaign platform and stance on women's health.
He's either a dolt or a woman-hater or both. The contraindications of hormonal birth control treatment are legion. It can be deadly for many women and should never be used without a physician's oversight.

Quote:
Absolute contraindications include:
Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders
Cerebro-vascular or coronary artery disease
Carcinoma of the breast or other estrogen-dependent neoplasia
Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding
Known or suspected pregnancy
Benign or malignant liver tumor

Relative contraindications include:
Age over 45
Diabetes
Hypertension
Smoking
Gallbladder disease
Gestational cholestasis
History of renal disease
Impaired liver function
Hyperlipidemia
source: Human Reproduction, Seminars: Combination oral contraceptives, Prescribing oral contraceptives

Old 09-10-2014, 04:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
He's either a dolt or a woman-hater or both. The contraindications of hormonal birth control treatment are legion. It can be deadly for many women and should never be used without a physician's oversight.

source: Human Reproduction, Seminars: Combination oral contraceptives, Prescribing oral contraceptives
Seriously makes you wonder how stupid some men are....they act like birth control is nothing more than candy for women to take so they could have sex. It is a drug that is best for a physician to prescribe to a woman so that she gets the proper pill to take.

In other words, we are dealing with another thread fail!

Old 09-10-2014, 04:20 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
Quote:

He's not a dolt, he is a real conservative who scoffs at the idea of asking professionals for their opinion.
No MD would ever support that nonsense.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:44 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Seriously makes you wonder how stupid some men are....they act like birth control is nothing more than candy for women to take so they could have sex. It is a drug that is best for a physician to prescribe to a woman so that she gets the proper pill to take.

If a woman has any history of menstruation problems, her doctor needs to know this. I had very heavy prolonged periods at 12 years old (1960) and they put me on "hormones" to correct it. It got better as I got older and I stopped taking them.

When I was in my 20's and needed BC, I did not tell my doctor about this. How would I even know what I took as a pre-teen? I had MAJOR problems taking the Combination Pill; breakthrough bleeding, and again, very heavy periods. My doctor put me on the Mini Pill (Progesterone only) and things were fine after that.

I know that many people think it should and can be sold over the counter, BUT an individual woman's medical history MUST be taken into consideration. It can have severe consequences for some women.

No, it isn't candy, and it not like a condom which very rarely will have any adverse reactions for a male.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:01 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

Not even 12 months ago liberals were criticizing the Rx method of obtaining BC since in most countries OTC BC is common.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:04 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,522,554 times
does this story appear on any other media site that doesn't blast you with pop ups when you open it?

Old 09-10-2014, 05:08 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Not even 12 months ago liberals were criticizing the Rx method of obtaining BC since in most countries OTC BC is common.

Like where?

Old 09-10-2014, 05:09 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,522,554 times
why didn't you just post the original story from the Planned Parenthood website?

The Truth About Over-the-Counter Access to Birth Control - Planned Parenthood Action Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies