Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 09:23 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Funny too, since conservatives always love to point at academia as yet another source of liberal thinking (I wonder why).
Do you mean academia is not a source of liberal think-tank training? Are the vast majority of young people coming out of the halls of our colleges not liberal and progressive-thinking? Where do you suppose they got that bent?

Liberal academia is responsible for the huge numbers of Obama fans (a/k/a Democrats) who take in what he and his media broadcast, embrace it without critical digestion, and spew it back as voting Democrats.

How can anyone take an honest look at the Obama presidency and fawn over it, declaring it great?

The only way one can call his presidency a success is that he promised to fundamentally change this country -- and that he has done and continues to do, pressing on to do as much damage to what WAS America as he can before his term is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 09:59 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Do you mean academia is not a source of liberal think-tank training? Are the vast majority of young people coming out of the halls of our colleges not liberal and progressive-thinking? Where do you suppose they got that bent?

Liberal academia is responsible for the huge numbers of Obama fans (a/k/a Democrats) who take in what he and his media broadcast, embrace it without critical digestion, and spew it back as voting Democrats.

How can anyone take an honest look at the Obama presidency and fawn over it, declaring it great?

The only way one can call his presidency a success is that he promised to fundamentally change this country -- and that he has done and continues to do, pressing on to do as much damage to what WAS America as he can before his term is over.
Facts and evidence have a well-known liberal bias.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:03 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
If you went strictly by campaign promises kept, all presidencies are failures.
If you analyzed the promises made in accordance with what the constitution allows for, all presidencies are failures.
Yes obama has been an abysmal failure on both counts.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:59 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Default Academia and liberal bias...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Facts and evidence have a well-known liberal bias.
The search for truth takes study. Study is a significant aspect of academia. Academia is often noted to promote liberalism. Therefore, clearly, liberalism promotes an agenda based on truth.

Tonight we watch what the conservative agenda is based on...

Ratings should be "HUGE!"

Old 11-10-2015, 09:47 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Obama presidency - failure or success?

No need for big detailed explanations, just answer simply.

Simple answer: "It's too early to tell", any other answer is just something someone has pulled from their a$$. In order to know the resulting effects of his decisions, you need to see both before and after.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:57 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The search for truth takes study. Study is a significant aspect of academia. Academia is often noted to promote liberalism. Therefore, clearly, liberalism promotes an agenda based on truth.

Tonight we watch what the conservative agenda is based on...

Ratings should be "HUGE!"

fixed it for you

The search for truth takes study, reason and logic....Study can be a significant aspect of academia, if they are not following an agenda, and they use reason and logic......Academia is most often noted to promote liberalism through an agenda.......Therefore, clearly, liberalism promotes an agenda based on political agenda, lack of reason, lack of logic, and lack of truth.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:37 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times
Quote:

Ben Carson- Yale University
Ted Cruz- Harvard
George H Bush- Yale University
George W Bush- Yale University
Dick Cheney- Yale University
Donald Rumsfeld- Princeton
David Koch- M.I.T.
Charles Koch- M.I.T.
Mitt Romney- Harvard

This is a short list of non liberal Ivy League alumni but some of the most conservative far right loyalists have come from contemporary university campuses as much as the progressives, political ideology develops with maturity and one's needs and expectations for government. The media amplifies the emotional component, and the oligarchs pay in exchange for services rendered, no matter what your political affiliation. Although Obama has not been an effective leader, we have been far more injured by an ineffective congress than we ever could by a single man. If Obama has violated or damaged the health of this country, it is only because the congress has allowed it. Your problem is that you hate the guy, and no manner of reason or analysis will change that.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:22 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Ben Carson- Yale University
Ted Cruz- Harvard
George H Bush- Yale University
George W Bush- Yale University
Dick Cheney- Yale University
Donald Rumsfeld- Princeton
David Koch- M.I.T.
Charles Koch- M.I.T.
Mitt Romney- Harvard

This is a short list of non liberal Ivy League alumni but some of the most conservative far right loyalists have come from contemporary university campuses as much as the progressives, political ideology develops with maturity and one's needs and expectations for government. The media amplifies the emotional component, and the oligarchs pay in exchange for services rendered, no matter what your political affiliation. Although Obama has not been an effective leader, we have been far more injured by an ineffective congress than we ever could by a single man. If Obama has violated or damaged the health of this country, it is only because the congress has allowed it. Your problem is that you hate the guy, and no manner of reason or analysis will change that.
Your problem is that you "ass*u*me" too much. Hate is a strong word, and I don't hate anyone.

I do believe that his policies and his actions have been harmful to the country, and it's that which I disapprove of, and hope the direction can be changed with the next election.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:27 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
Too soon to tell. Have to wait a bit and see. I remember Reagan being criticized severely in his terms. Same with Bush I. With the rise of 24/7 media and "expert" commentators and the Internet it is difficult to find the truth among all the BS.

Do not like Obama one bit but the numbers need to be assessed in a few years. I mean Bush II was fairly straightforward as two disasters occurred which will haunt us for years more it seems.

A President is successful so long as his tenure does not cause lasting damage to the United States. Wow, standards have sunk low.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:32 PM

899 posts, read 1,015,305 times
Quote:
I do believe that his policies and his actions have been harmful to the country, and it's that which I disapprove of, and hope the direction can be changed with the next election.
And I don't, which is why I won't vote to change the direction of our country, the country I spent 36 years of my life fighting for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies