Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 11:52 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Look at the chart I posted. PEOPLE at EVERY income level pay corporate income tax:

//www.city-data.com/forum/40994686-post396.html
So WHY did you claim that it's the TOP TIER folks who "pay those taxes"?

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 11:56 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Then WHY did you try and claim that those taxes were ALL paid by the "top tier" tax payers?
I didn't. /shrug

Old 08-28-2015, 11:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
He is a failure.

He has broken many promises that he could have easily fulfilled himself.

He is a pathological liar.

He has done more Trickle Down economics than Reagan, all while campaigning against Trickle Down to the cheers of his ignorant fans.

He is no leader, he takes responsibility for nothing.
So you don't believe in trickle down economics?

Old 08-28-2015, 12:00 PM

659 posts, read 312,664 times
"why should ANYONE pay more than 15%???"

Holy beejeezus! Back up the bus!

Way too much misinformation and crazy logic to address since the last time I took a peek here, but why should anyone pay more than 15%?

How remedial do we need to get here?

The most open and accessible record of U.S. Government spending ever (in 6 sq ft) -- one of my favorites...
Wikinomics – The most open and accessible record of U.S. Government spending ever (in 6 sq ft)

Always just cracks me up, because I know whenever simple conservatives struggle with this math, well, that's really all they can do.

Meanwhile, they act as if they are paying as much as people who make far more than them, while of course they complain mightily about paying more taxes than those who make less than them, and then they wonder why we need a progressive tax code. What a kick! Worse still, all too many think this is some sort of liberal idea to hurt the middle class. Of course the propaganda along these lines is loudest from those who understand the least, because they just don't have even the basics understood to do better.

Do the math!

Never mind the social welfare programs! Just the money devoted to our military, education, infrastructure, and on down the line for services all conservatives want too REQUIRES a very progressive tax code just to stay solvent! Then add the social services programs that is money spent by the poorer folks, right back into the economy that again serves the richer folks the most, and that's how the world turns...

The accounting, the economics, the better way for just about everyone concerned is pretty simple to understand if you actually know and understand the facts of these matters, the way the world turns. Need not worry too much about the most wealthy, because the top 1% own better than 30% of everything. The top 20% own about half of everything. Doesn't take a math wizard to figure out why they will need to pay a higher percentage of income taxes as well, but it does take a head doctor to understand those who don't think a progressive tax code is plenty appropriate and needed! And some!

I have gladly paid plenty taxes at the highest tax bracket when once upon a time I was there, and I paid plenty more than 15%! Still, I had plenty enough money left after taxes to give me every incentive to continue to do my best to make more. Why should someone making millions more than me pay a lower net tax rate? There is NO good justification!

Last edited by And D; 08-28-2015 at 12:09 PM..

Old 08-28-2015, 12:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Unemployment is not 5%, it is more like 23%. We don't count you a year after you are out of work in the statistics.
This is DC math to protect establishment politicians the same way tyrants and dictators do in the rest of the world.
So Obama can't claim unemployment is better or at 5%.

Under Obama we have IMO the Great Depression with social programs and an invasion of people from the south trying to be supported here as well.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
"why should ANYONE pay more than 15%???"

Holy beejeezus! Back up the bus!

Way too much misinformation and crazy logic to address since the last time I took a peek here, but why should anyone pay more than 15%?

How remedial do we need to get here?

The most open and accessible record of U.S. Government spending ever (in 6 sq ft) -- one of my favorites...
Wikinomics – The most open and accessible record of U.S. Government spending ever (in 6 sq ft)

Always just cracks me up, because I know whenever conservatives struggle with this math, well, that's really all they can do.

Meanwhile, they act as if they are paying as much as people who make far more than them, while of course they complain mightily about paying more taxes than those who make less than them, and then they wonder why we need a progressive tax code. Worst still, all too many think this is some sort of liberal idea to hurt the middle class. Do the math!

Never mind the social welfare programs! Just the money devoted to our military, education, infrastructure, and on down the line for services all conservatives want too REQUIRES a very progressive tax code just to stay solvent! Then add the social services programs that is money that is spent by the poorer folks, right back into the economy that again serves the richer folks the most, and that's how the world turns.

The accounting, the economics, the better way for just about everyone concerned is pretty simple to understand if you actually know and understand the facts of these matters, the way the world turns. Need not worry too much about the most wealthy, because the top 1% own better than 30% of everything. The top 20% own about half of everything. Doesn't take a math wizard to figure out why they will need to pay a higher percentage of income to taxes, but it does take a head doctor to understand those who don't think a progressive tax code is plenty appropriate! And some!
If a progressive tax code is so important, why do the countries with national healthcare have REGRESSIVE tax codes? Read the entire article and look at the Tax Progressivity charts in the following link. We're doing it wrong.

Other countries don’t have a “47%” - The Washington Post

Old 08-28-2015, 12:13 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Unemployment is not 5%, it is more like 23%. We don't count you a year after you are out of work in the statistics.
This is DC math to protect establishment politicians the same way tyrants and dictators do in the rest of the world.
So Obama can't claim unemployment is better or at 5%.

Under Obama we have IMO the Great Depression with social programs and an invasion of people from the south trying to be supported here as well.
People that are looking for work are counted in the U-3 UE rate - which is 5.3%.
Those who want job but have "given up" are counted in the U-6 UE rate - which is 10.4%.
Both of these numbers are wayyyyy down from the height of the recession and wayyyyyyy down from when Obama came into office.
If they don't want a job, WHY should they be considered unemployed?

Your 23% number is just some made up bullsh*t.

Ken

Old 08-28-2015, 12:15 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
If a progressive tax code is so important, why do the countries with national healthcare have REGRESSIVE tax codes? Read the entire article and look at the Tax Progressivity charts in the following link. We're doing it wrong.

Other countries don’t have a “47%” - The Washington Post

Been to some of the other countries with that kind of health care.
They have 100+ year mortgages.
They have everyone down to the poor paying a 300% added on tax to all things bought which goverment takes.

Our $70 shoes are $300 in many places.

So there is a lot more theft of money from other taxes we don't have here.
Obama increased many taxes, but he hasn't done all of what countries do yet.
I think we are stalled by taxes and that this President would be considered in a better way if he cut taxes.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
So there is a lot more theft of money from other taxes we don't have here.
Exactly, but at least the people in those countries aren't as greedy as the Americans here who want all those social program goodies (like national healthcare) but DON'T want to pay for it.

At least the people in those countries are honest and willing enough to PAY for what they get and aren't constantly whining for someone else to pay.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:38 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Indeed, they do. But if you dispute that, you're free to argue with The Urban Institute or the U.S. Treasury.

More info on this:
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...come-tax/?_r=0

Shareholders and employees are the ones who pay corporate income tax. That's reflected in the chart.
From your link, which undercuts a primary argument of conservatives:
Quote:
Probably most people assume that the corporate income tax is largely paid by consumers of its products or services. That is, they assume that although the tax is nominally levied on the corporation as a whole, in fact the burden of the tax is shifted onto customers in the form of higher prices.

All economists reject that idea.
They point out that prices are set by market forces and the suppliers of goods and services aren’t only C-corporations, which pay taxes on the corporate tax schedule, but also sole proprietorships, partnerships and S-corporations that are taxed under the individual income tax. Other suppliers include foreign corporations and nonprofits.

Therefore, corporations cannot raise prices to compensate for the corporate income tax because they will be undercut by businesses to which the tax does not apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies