Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 12:49 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,551,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Justice Dept wanted Cummings and Democrats to "get ahead of the report that was coming out on Friday" and "release information to certain Journalists" to spin it.

They got caught and will not be releasing the report. We know two things from this story - the DOJ is colluding with the Democrats and Cummings, instead of doing anything close to an "independent" investigation .... AND ..... that they have "certain journalists" that they can trust to "spin the story".

There are also stories that the DOJ is going after the Inspector General for the IRS. The House Judiciary Committee had a hearing yesterday with the Inspector Generals - the testimony was about how the DOJ is impeding Investigations and refusing access to records.

Transcript of Testimony to the House Judiciary Committee on Inspector General access.

First and foremost, this process is inconsistent with the clear mandate of Section 6(a) of the IG Act. The Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General should not have to order Department components to provide us with access to records that the Congress has already made it clear in the IG Act that we are entitled to review. Second, requiring the OIG to have to obtain the permission of Department leadership in order to review agency records compromises our independence. The IG Act expressly provides that an independent Inspector General should decide whether documents are relevant to an OIG’s work; however, the current process at the Department instead places that decision and authority in the leadership of the agency that is being subjected to our oversight. Third, the need for the OIG to elevate matters such as these to the Department’s leadership results in delays to our audits and reviews, consumes an inordinate amount of OIG staff time and my time, as well as time from the Attorney General’s and Deputy Attorney General’s busy schedules.

The DOJ, IRS, EPA and other Agencies and Departments are making the OIG (Office of Inspectors General) jump through a ton of hoops to try and delay investigations ... if not stop them totally. At the DOJ, the OIG has to actually go through the US Attorney General to get anything done at all. They have to explain what they want to inspect and why. Nothing "independent" about it when Holder had to sign off on everything.

We have the Attorney General of the United States that is STILL in Court in an attempt to fight a Lawsuit brought by Congress because he won't release Subpoenaed Materials. This Court case has gone on for years, the Judge has NOT agreed to drop it - Holder is under a Contempt Charge from Congress .... the actions today are no surprise from him or his office. He lies to Congress, and then lies to cover up the lies. He impedes and investigation other than an "investigation by himself or himself". He is a total disgrace and so are those that support his actions.
Criminal Malfeasance to sum it up and put an Obumbutt **** bow on top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 12:49 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,155,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Not sure why anyone still pays attention to Convicted Felon Darryl Issa.
The only felon in Congress is Democrat Alcee Hastings who is a convicted felon and IMPEACHED judge.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:52 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,506,818 times
Anyone who thinks barry and elijah are "great men" tells us much about the kind of person they are and none of it's good.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,054,630 times
Barack Obama, Eric Holder, and Elijah Cummings. Three of the most corrupt scumbags to ever grace the halls of DC.

I hope Democrats and black people are proud of what they have produced.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:04 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,054,630 times
No doubt these "interested reporters" will be from the New York Times and Washington Post.

Liberals and Democrats are the scum and scourge of this nation.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:10 PM

17,388 posts, read 11,912,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Not sure why anyone still pays attention to Convicted Felon Darryl Issa.
Never convicted. But you knew that. Just hoping nobody would notice the lies.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:13 PM

17,504 posts, read 17,386,954 times
To me, this is another step Obama's administration made towards being more corrupt than Nixon. I already think he's risen worse than Nixon, I just think he's climbing higher so it'll be a long time before anyone is more corrupt.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:19 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,942,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
To me, this is another step Obama's administration made towards being more corrupt than Nixon. I already think he's risen worse than Nixon, I just think he's climbing higher so it'll be a long time before anyone is more corrupt.
We can hope it'll be a long time, but whatever Democrat holds the office next will be MORE corrupt than Obama.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:39 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,018,968 times
Wow, this thread got silent.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:22 PM

26,881 posts, read 15,101,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Rep. Elijah Cummings & President Obama are great men. Darrell Issa is a joke and has made a mockery of his position. He doesn't provide oversight at all but ridiculous partisan attacks... I usually don't donate money to congressional campaigns but I will definitely donate money to unseat this idiot... He needs to go...

So we see you condone this underhanded business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies