Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 03:30 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times

Advertisements

Oops!!! Once again Eric will have to investigate himself and the DOJ. And why was the request intended for eeeLIEjah???

Quote:
The administration official calling House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa’s (R-Calif.) office last week had an odd request.

Could the Justice Department get some help leaking information about the IRS’s scrutiny of conservative groups? asked Brian Fallon, a top spokesman for Attorney General Eric Holder.

Apparently thinking he had reached the office of Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.), Fallon said the department wanted congressional staffers to get documents to selected reporters so that officials could comment on them “before the majority” did.

When he returned to the line, Fallon was “audibly shaken,” according to an account of the conversation that Issa recounts in a letter sent to Holder.

The Justice official then said there had been a “change in plans,” that no documents would be released on Friday and that the main reason for the call was to seek a thaw in relations between the department and Oversight Republicans.

Issa said it’s clear that the Justice official meant to call Democratic staff and argued the mix-up is proof that President Obama’s administration and Cummings have been collaborating to “prejudice the committee’s work through under-the-table coordination.”
Issa: Holder spokesman caught red-handed | TheHill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 05:41 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Rep. Elijah Cummings & President Obama are great men. Darrell Issa is a joke and has made a mockery of his position. He doesn't provide oversight at all but ridiculous partisan attacks... I usually don't donate money to congressional campaigns but I will definitely donate money to unseat this idiot... He needs to go...

Old 09-10-2014, 05:46 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Rep. Elijah Cummings & President Obama are great men. Darrell Issa is a joke and has made a mockery of his position. He doesn't provide oversight at all but ridiculous partisan attacks... I usually don't donate money to congressional campaigns but I will definitely donate money to unseat this idiot... He needs to go...
This kind of nonsense is all that can be drummed up to try to change the subject. The subject is that Elijah Cummings and the DOJ have conspired to commit CRIMES.

And this hyperpartisan above is attempting to obscure investigating and public revelation of this criminal behavior "partisanship".

The partisanship is ALL on the part of the quoted poster above, who violates every shred of decency and morality by trying to cover up criminal behavior on the part of our elected and appointed officials.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
So the end justifies the means to the party loyalists.

Just remember that your guy won't always be in charge.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:51 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,239 times
Quote:

Cummings is a mushmouth product of affirmative action. He is not qualified to be the restroom attendant at a strip club.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:53 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Great deflection for your Criminal in Chief. LOL

I don't know which is more pathetic liberal lemmings such as yourself or the Criminals (Holder, Dear Leader, Cummings) you continue to support.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:58 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Nothing to see here... Move along, move along

Old 09-10-2014, 10:11 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Wait. What makes Obama a great man? Getting elected to office doesn't make him a great man. What Earth moving action or accomplishment has defined Obama as a great man?
Cummings? What makes him a great man?
ISSa is an idiot. That doesn't make Cummings or Obama great men. Very few career politicians can accurately be described as Great men. Winston Churchill was a flawed man, but rose to the occasion to be a great leader.
Colin Powell came from very humble beginnings and rose to the top during a time when it was virtually impossible for a black man to do so. More to the point he didn't do by claiming victim status. Powell is a great man.
Now on to the topic. Should Holder's office be making such requests?
Could the Justice Department get some help leaking information about the IRS’s scrutiny of conservative groups? asked Brian Fallon, a top spokesman for Attorney General Eric Holder.

Is this appropriate? I don't think so.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:35 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
The Department of Injustice strikes again.

Not... a... smidgen...

Old 09-10-2014, 10:38 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Wait. What makes Obama a great man? Getting elected to office doesn't make him a great man. What Earth moving action or accomplishment has defined Obama as a great man?
Cummings? What makes him a great man?
ISSa is an idiot. That doesn't make Cummings or Obama great men. Very few career politicians can accurately be described as Great men. Winston Churchill was a flawed man, but rose to the occasion to be a great leader.
Colin Powell came from very humble beginnings and rose to the top during a time when it was virtually impossible for a black man to do so. More to the point he didn't do by claiming victim status. Powell is a great man.
Now on to the topic. Should Holder's office be making such requests?

Is this appropriate? I don't think so.
Nice effort, but it's useless to try and talk any common sense into cult followers. They're beyond help until they make the decision to help themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies