Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 09:45 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times

Advertisements

Paragraph 18

My fellow Americans, we live in a time of great change. Tomorrow marks 13 years since our country was attacked. Next week marks 6 years since our economy suffered its worst setback since the Great Depression. Yet despite these shocks; through the pain we have felt and the gruelling work required to bounce back – America is better positioned today to seize the future than any other nation on Earth.

Very brief sterilized mention of 9/11.

Don't know how we are better positioned today while we are operating with so much debt - both individually and in government. We really have no money to undertake any defense missions or any other foreign endeavors.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Train and arm the Syrian opposition ? Those guys are ISIS for crying out loud.
McCain took pictures with them way back when he "snuck" into Syria (with the State Dept blessing and help).
Sounds like he still wants to get rid of Assad and put Syria back on the USD petrodollar.
Exactly.

Assad = Qaddafi = Mubarak... they are/were leaders of countries that ISIS wants to take over.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:55 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Not only that, but he's had an agenda, which has distracted him from behaving like a truly invested POTUS. He was and STILL is unfit and unprepared to lead this country.

Get off the Bush bashing wagon, and focus on the joker who's been in the Oval office for almost 2 terms, and who has driven our country into the ground in more ways than anyone else.

HIS misguided draw-down without thinking of consequences is the main reason for the genesis of ISIS, and is the predominant cause of the mess we're in. He's the one in charge now.

With that in mind, what should he do?

WHY is that???

...And you are the one who decides what "good" Americans should do???

I've listened to this idiot blowhard for years now, and all I see is a narcissist ("I got Bin Laden") with an agenda that seems to focus on improving his golf game, or running to every perceived wrong against the black race.

Oh, and who's driving our country into poverty with our open borders...not to mention letting terrorist slip through.

I should watch this person? Who fund raises and ignores our own people getting murdered on the border? Who vilifies Congress to try to put up the illusion of his own credibility???

All of the GREAT leaders of our country haven't blamed others SO MUCH as "O" has...it's as if he has complex ...afraid to take any responsibility or heat.

Even the dems are saying "uh, what's happened to us? Him? He looks like he's not "engaged" anymore." People are calling on him to resign...he should!!!

He NEVER was "engaged" in his role...he had a personal agenda, that's all. No desire to "serve" our country. We got duped, people!!!

I should listen to the speech of a person whose greatest achievement thus far is spending billions on a failed website for an ill-thought-out health care plan, that costs MORE to the very poor or challenged people he so magnanimously said he would help?

Or, through his mismanagement and indifference, caused the tragedy and travesty in Benghazi?
And, through his same indifference and mismanagement, caused us to leave Iraq floundering, and directly caused the formation of ISIS???

Or under his watch created a Gestapo-like IRS against certain factions of our political parties?

All he is worried about is the mid-term elections...any "speech" he delivers is to influence politics!!!

It's disgusting that he places politics in front of his duty!!!

No, I'm a GREAT American because I no longer will listen to a person who has demonstrated he is NOT fit, in any way, to honor the office of the President of the U.S.

I'm a "good" and GREAT American because I'm pointing out that the "Emperor truly has no clothes on". That's my right, and I'm exercising it!!!

At least President Bush had more integrity in his little pinky than this narcissist-pretender occupying the Oval Office!

Dandiday

Hey friend tell me how you really feel. Well you do speak the truth, and we know how around here, posters don't like this.

We have one of the most indecisive Presidents I have ever seen. Almost as though he was force to the damn podium. Seems to only do things when push comes to shove. Being seen as a indecisive President is not showing him as a strong leader with convictions.

For gosh sakes I have many friends and yes democrat friends who also see him as weak and indecisive, and at least have the guts to admit this to me. The only people who are fooling themselves, are the ones on here making the excuses, and we all know who they are don't we.

And yes your right most of us know him by now, he plays up politics before his duty.

And he should not have ever apologized to the damn enemy for America, and what he deem as wrong.

I believe a lot of people no longer view Obama as a President with the outmost Integrity too much deceit within his administration. They think we are all stupid or what?

Old 09-11-2014, 10:07 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,517,832 times
Barack Hussein Obama with the blessing of the current Democratic Party and it's misguided followers are committed to the demise of our free democratic society...Action and the constant In action is very
clear that they have no real answers and just go to the liberal handbook and deflect as usual.

The day is soon coming where Barack Hussein Obama must be held accountable for the 'OATH'
he's taken twice, or does he get another pass because accountability in his case is thought of as being racist.

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:10 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Why are all these stupid idiotic liberal dopes calling Obama a reluctant"warrior"? There is over a dozen of them saying the same stupid thing.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Why are all these stupid idiotic liberal dopes calling Obama a reluctant"warrior"? There is over a dozen of them saying the same stupid thing.
Because they can't face the fact that Obama just invaded Iraq all by himself.
Makes "Bush's illegal war" not so illegal anymore..right ?

Old 09-11-2014, 10:27 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
Quote:
Because they can't face the fact that Obama just invaded Iraq all by himself.
Makes "Bush's illegal war" not so illegal anymore..right ?
both are technically illegal...

We have been trying to tell you guys Obama is W with a tan but you guys swear up and down he is this hard lefty liberal.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:29 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Paragraph 11

Second, we will increase our support to forces fighting these terrorists on the ground. In June, I deployed several hundred American service members to Iraq to assess how we can best support Iraqi Security Forces. Now that those teams have completed their work – and Iraq has formed a government – we will send an additional 475 service members to Iraq. As I have said before, these American forces will not have a combat mission – we will not get dragged into another ground war in Iraq. But they are needed to support Iraqi and Kurdish forces with training, intelligence and equipment.

I wonder what will happen when an American military person is killed. It sounds nice and neat to say that we won't get into another ground war - but he has to be ready and willing to do that if circumstances warrant.

Is he communicating to the enemy what to expect? It would be nice if he was stating this publicly, but behind the scenes be preparing for ground troops to kick theor butt.
He was aware of ISIS for almost a year. When they beheaded an American it his attention. I have wondered what action he would take if one soldier out of the 1600+ gets killed. I hope he doesn't believe it couldn't happen and I hope he has a plan NOW, rather than coming up with one after one gets killed.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:31 AM

One thing to watch out for... Obama said he would request Congressional help to do airstrikes on Syria.

Do not be surprised if there is some posioned pill in that legislation that turns up the noses of Republicans to the point that it is rejected in the House to do Syrian airstrikes against Assad. Obama is going to do wants he wants to do anyway - he already has. But it would give him political leverage to say Republicans are OK with Assad terrorizing his people.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:32 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,675 times
Quote:
Near 800 "advisors", and military equipment is over in Iraq now.

Special Ops and combat troops are being deployed.
Does anyone really believe these 800 will just "advise" ?

Helicopters, drones, special ops and combat troops.
And we're not at war..it's a "military operation".

All this going on for over a month and without even as much as a nod from Congress.
Obama did this all on his own.
With the 475 being called up, there will be over 1600 "advisors" in Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies