Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 02:23 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Having listened to Flipper Obamas speech last night, I started to wonder.

Obama says that this time there will be no American boots on the ground. He is stating that he is sending troops to train and advise.

Anyone remember the start of Viet Nam, where we sent at the start, advisors. Remember how that turned out?

A lesson to be learned from history.
Let us know when History actually repeats itself, until then you can go back to watching Flipper, I believe it is on one of the retro channels

Old 09-11-2014, 02:32 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:

Obama says that this time there will be no American boots on the ground. He is stating that he is sending troops to train and advise.

Anyone remember the start of Viet Nam, where we sent at the start, advisors. Remember how that turned out?

There are troops on the ground already. Period.

Like one veteran I heard speak, if there are troops on the ground, they are in combat. Doesn't matter what anyone says, if they die, they will have died in a war zone just the same, and mourned by their family just the same.

Most should remember the start of Vietnam if they studied world history. The difference here is we have already been in the ME over 10 years, the longest wars in American history. And we STILL are not leaving, even if the general consensus is that folks are tired of war and want our troops to come home. Even if we can not afford it.

Folks might change their tune if they bring back the draft, but at this point in time, I wonder about the apathetic mindset of the American people. It not only makes me sick but angry.

Now we are going to war over civil unrest and beheadings that we undoubtedly created. Our military industrial complex is more confident than it as ever have been.

Money is an unstoppable force for those who benefit. But it's NOT a benefit for the American people.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:

Special ops and combat people yet "no boots on the ground".
What are they doing..floating over there ?

800 are there now and he's sending more.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:37 PM

Just remember..a war keeps people employed.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:40 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
I honestly don't know what to do with the speech, not a bad speech. Whether I agree or disagree with the plan is irrelevant. I am just so sick and tired of this whole situation, sometimes the world is just so depressing and hopeless. I don't wonder whether the plan will work or not, or if matters will become worse.

I sometimes say it F it all.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:47 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Don't forget that we helped to create this monster.
All these "freedom fighters" and "moderate rebels" now known as ISIS were trained and armed by the US and Saudi Arabia to unseat Assad.

WE created this monster. And each new monster is more dangerous than the last monster we supposedly destroyed.

'Thank God for the Saudis': ISIS, Iraq, and the Lessons of Blowback - The Atlantic
From your link ....

"As one senior Qatari official stated, “ISIS has been a Saudi project.”

ISIS, in fact, may have been a major part of Bandar’s covert-ops strategy in Syria. The Saudi government, for its part, has denied allegations, including claims made by Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, that it has directly supported ISIS. "

It may or may not be true that "Saudi Arabia" (we will assume they mean members of the House of Saud, which number @ 15,000 OR at members of the Saud Royal Family in Government that number @ about 2,000) donated money to ISIS - "trained and armed in KSA? Doubtful.

The Headline states a FACT, but the article uses a lot of "may", conjecture and statements by Rivals and/or Enemies of the Saudis. I don't know about you - but I like a little more than conjecture, May, Maliki statements and an anonymous Qatari before I pass judgement.

The Qataries are under a LOT of heat from the other Arab Nations for funding al-Nusra, which is a known (by their own admission) al-Qaeda group under the direction of AQ Leadership. AQ is at war with the Saudi Royals and has even attempted assassinations on them. Maliki is an Iranian stooge and a Shiite to boot ..... we are to believe as "fact" what he says about the Saudis?

That's foolish and the Atlantic piece is gossip, not journalism.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
I honestly don't know what to do with the speech, not a bad speech. Whether I agree or disagree with the plan is irrelevant. I am just so sick and tired of this whole situation, sometimes the world is just so depressing and hopeless. I don't wonder whether the plan will work or not, or if matters will become worse.

I sometimes say it F it all.

As you say, yes sometimes one has to say F it all. Because of the fact, that there are people out there hell bent on destroying anything that is in disagreement of their ideology.

That fact won't change anytime soon, and their barbaric actions will most likely continue. It is depressing, but if you dwell on this often, you also give in to them, because they want to keep us in fear

You say if the plan will work or not what about is this a plan that will work in a year or more, 3 years or more. With these people I don't see this happening........ they keep popping up like rabbits.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:49 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Let us know when History actually repeats itself, until then you can go back to watching Flipper, I believe it is on one of the retro channels
Some study of history on your part might provide an answer to your ignorant statement.

As for Flipper, just watch the news and you will see this Flipper (Obama) on every news station, most late night talk shows and many daytime talk shows. Observe and see how he reverses himself (hence Flipper) with each new poll that comes out.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste so try to educate yourself.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:50 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Near 800 "advisors", and military equipment is over in Iraq now.

Special Ops and combat troops are being deployed.
Does anyone really believe these 800 will just "advise" ?

Helicopters, drones, special ops and combat troops.
And we're not at war..it's a "military operation".

All this going on for over a month and without even as much as a nod from Congress.
Obama did this all on his own.
We passed 800 a long time ago - with the 475 that Obama ordered last night, we are now over 1,700 "No Boots" on the ground in Iraq.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
From your link ....

"As one senior Qatari official stated, “ISIS has been a Saudi project.”

ISIS, in fact, may have been a major part of Bandar’s covert-ops strategy in Syria. The Saudi government, for its part, has denied allegations, including claims made by Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, that it has directly supported ISIS. "

It may or may not be true that "Saudi Arabia" (we will assume they mean members of the House of Saud, which number @ 15,000 OR at members of the Saud Royal Family in Government that number @ about 2,000) donated money to ISIS - "trained and armed in KSA? Doubtful.

The Headline states a FACT, but the article uses a lot of "may", conjecture and statements by Rivals and/or Enemies of the Saudis. I don't know about you - but I like a little more than conjecture, May, Maliki statements and an anonymous Qatari before I pass judgement.

The Qataries are under a LOT of heat from the other Arab Nations for funding al-Nusra, which is a known (by their own admission) al-Qaeda group under the direction of AQ Leadership. AQ is at war with the Saudi Royals and has even attempted assassinations on them. Maliki is an Iranian stooge and a Shiite to boot ..... we are to believe as "fact" what he says about the Saudis?

That's foolish and the Atlantic piece is gossip, not journalism.
Saudi only designated them as a terrorist group this past March.

Saudi Funding of ISIS - The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies