Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 08:01 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
16 months in a jail cell? 16 months? You cannot be serious.
It is not clear, to me at least, what your issue is. So I hope you will forgive me seeking some clarification. Your issue seems to be one of the following:

1) That Dinesh was convicted of this crime in the first place... but I do not see why this is an issue given he pleaded guilty. So I am doubting this is what your issue actually is.

2) That Dinesh is potentially going to get 16 months.... I am not sure how you feel the sentence length should be selected or by what process but I am led to believe he knew the guidelines before entering his guilty plea. You yourself however admit to not knowing this in post #50. So again I am doubting this is what your issue actually is.

3) or that this crime has sentencing parametres that long in the first place.... in which case this is an issue with the law, not with Dinesh's case in particular. You think the current sentencing guidelines for this crime in particular are too stringent? If so why? And what should they be? Bear in mind also the sentencing lengths were he NOT to plead guilty but be found guilty were longer.

4) Something else?

Your posts SOUND like your issue is point 3 and not 1 or 2. But again I have to admit I am unclear and am only guessing. But I do not see "political conspiracy" in someone confessing to a crime and then being sentenced for it. So I am not sure what you mean by that either. How is sentencing someone from a crime they have admitted to a "conspiracy"? Surely that is not conspiracy but correct procedure?

Could you do some clarifications for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 08:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Commie Obama is pulling his commie strings after everyone that opposes him...

And he hates Fox News and also wanted to take them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
karma will come back on DOJ and Obama
people already know how corrupt they are
let them send him to prison it will end up biting them on the ass
So you are both saying that it is the President's fault that this man broke the law and admitted that he did so?

Fascinating.

It was pretty clear after the mistress incident that the man is somewhat lacking in morals. He already established a pattern of behavior that is, shall we say, somewhat hypocritical for a professed Christian who likes to argue that he is somehow spiritually more enlightened than most.
This just seems like more of the same to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies