Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:47 AM

939 posts, read 795,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Desecration? This is freedom of speech! He should claim artistic impulse.
You are so witty! We are all so impressed!! You are also an idiot.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:47 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2PPenn View Post
Hate crime..

If he did this with a statue of Allah/Muhammad it won't be the police dealing with him but the 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide who will go on killing by beheading him for blasphemy. That's why they get what they want and Christians just get walked on. Oh, he's just a "teenager"... Yeah he is muture enough vandalizing and destroying private property but not muture enough being punished!

I'm non-Christian btw.
Bingo.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:50 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Nothing was damaged.
Nothing was vandalized.

The guy took a picture of him with his crotch in front of a Jesus statue.

He just seems to have offended your religious sensibilities.
Pretty much this. What the kid does was tasteless and showed a complete lack of class. But no vandalizing was done. No harm was done to the little icon. At worst maybe they should charge him with trespassing, since this was (I infer from the article) on private property. Still, unless the property was posted I don't think there is a case to be made.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:51 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I have no sympathy for that idiot. What will he say to Jesus at Judgement- "I had such a need for attention that you were irrelevant? Yes, he is ignorant, but he knew better. I'm so sick of attention getting bad behavior being excused, and those idiots NOT being held accountable for their behavior.
Well if he comes to believe in Jesus he will ask for forgiveness and be absolved. If he doesn't and on the off chance Jesus does end up being mankind's saviour does it matter what he did? I'm sure a lifelong denial of god will do him in anyway.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:52 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Trespassing would be a better charge. The way that law is written leaves the door open to charging just about anyone for anything.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
You are so witty! We are all so impressed!! You are also an idiot.
A personal attack is very unchristian of you.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Trespassing would be a better charge. The way that law is written leaves the door open to charging just about anyone for anything.
I don't think you can charge someone with trespassing unless signs are clearly posted or you ask someone to leave your property who refuses to do so.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:59 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I don't think you can charge someone with trespassing unless signs are clearly posted or you ask someone to leave your property who refuses to do so.
Possibly. But you must admit that the law he is charged with breaking leaves the door wide open for abuse. Basically it says that you are breaking the law if something you do could be found objectionable by someone. That includes pretty much everyone.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Possibly. But you must admit that the law he is charged with breaking leaves the door wide open for abuse. Basically it says that you are breaking the law if something you do could be found objectionable by someone. That includes pretty much everyone.
Oh I agree. It's absurd.

Please don't charge me if you found my last post objectionable.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:12 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A Pennsylvania teenager took photos of himself simulating a sex act with a kneeling Jesus statue. He posted the photos on Facebook and now faces up to 2 years in juvie for "desecration of a venerated object". Pennsylvania's 1972 law defines desecration as “Defacing, damaging, polluting or otherwise, physically mistreating in a way that the actor knows will outrage the sensibilities of persons likely to observe or discover the action.” Too much? What if it was a statue of your political or cultural hero?

Boy Charged For Desecration Of Jesus Statue | The Smoking Gun
Teen Could Get Two Years for Facebook Photos with Jesus Statue « KRON4 – San Francisco Bay Area News
PA law vs the results under sharia law would be quite different.

Of course headlining with, 'teen faces two years' is media theatrics as the most extreme potential penalty draws reader interest when weighed against a crime that appears a minor infraction.

Ignoring the rest of the PA law that probably was aimed at cemetery desecretion makes the article even more dramtic and fits nicely with the war on Christianity to make Christianity appear as a bully.

Hard to tell if the article writer and editor or the kid is lacking sensitivity, ethics and good citizenship.

This manner of writing is the stuff of the old Enquirer and belongs right next to the headline, 'man gives birth' and 'A martian is the father of my baby'.

More than one way to handle the story, rather than presenting the kid as a victim of Christianity and the secular laws it engenders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies