Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:53 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,370,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Of course you see it as a race thing. Most racists do.

What has he done that's so bad? Pushing policy that is wrong at EVERY turn. That is stagnating the economy, keeping Americans unemployed and driving businesses under.

News flash, liberal. America WAS the gem of the world. It was the place that almost every person in the world dreamed of coming to. The land of opportunity. The country that people died trying to enter. Your president has made us the same as everyone else. Congrats.
Which policies?

Old 09-11-2014, 10:11 AM

10,189 posts, read 7,912,362 times
What would you like Obama to say or do?

I quit, I am going back to Chicago.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:19 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,928,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Enlighten us.

Most progressives are actually libertarian on social issues. Conservatives don't give a rip about freedom when it comes to gays, drugs, or a woman's body.

Overregulation of industries, which in fact harms smaller and medium sized businesses than the mega corporations.

Stupid blue laws like mandating what restaurants can cook with, or limiting the size of of a cup for a soft drink, or telling a private business that it cannot allow it's patrons to smoke inside, where in fact it should be the choice of the business owner.

Trying to silence the opposition or anyone who disagrees with them by using "mob rule" and group think. Or even better using the IRS to illegally audit those of a different political ideology.

Continuing with the Patriot Act, NSA, TSA, DHS.

Spreading the wealth. Taking from those who have worked hard to get what they or their families have acheived to give to those who sit on their a**es looking for a handout!

Have any progressives ended the drug war? Nope. Cannabis is still illegal on a Federal level.

And finally, libertarianism tends to have a conservative slant to it, in the sense that we fiscally conservative, seek to cut wasteful spending and government programs that are bankrupting this country. We also promote personal responsibility as well as seek to remove the government from intruding on our private lives. So yes, socially we don't care what others do, who they marry, or tend not to care what a woman does with her body, so long as one accepts the personal responsibility and any consequences from that may happen come from their actions. Progressives don't necessarily believe in personal responsibility. Nor do they agree with reducing the size of the Federal government. And they sure as hell don't believe in free speech. In short, progressives are by no means libertarian!

Old 09-11-2014, 10:24 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,123,141 times
Quote:
What would you like Obama to say or do?
Quit and take that idiot VP with him.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:24 AM

9,002 posts, read 10,133,931 times
Well it'd be nice if he would QUIT...
Any way ya' cut it, though it's too late.
The damage has been done.
Hope & change- right....

QUIT TRASHING OBAMA - He has done more than any other President before him.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:27 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,156,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Personally I would like him to set up a conference and tell each and every whiny,crybaby,ODS republican to shove it and then walk out. I am SO freaking tired of their whining and bellyaching about how he is such a horrible president and wants to destroy America etc etc...We survived 8 years of Clinton getting his rocks off with numerous women in the white house! We survived 8 years of the most wholly incompetent person to EVER grace us with his presence in the white house Dubya. I mean ANYONE who says god told him to attack a nation etc is freaking nuts! On top of being a coward for going AWOL...Either OWN UP to the fact ya hate a mixed president or just point out REAL FACTS where he has done worse than Bush OR Clinton! I don't see it. I lived through Dubya's horrid tenure...I couldn't wait until it was over. I didn't want Obama but the man has proven himself to me..sure like every president he has screwed up here and there but you show me ANY man,woman,child that's perfect and I will shut up about it.
Yesterday, after seeing that dick Cheney, creator of the Iraq War, come to DC for the sole purpose of criticizing Obama and to create divisions during a time when the country needs to unite, bloviate on Iraq, with other incompetent architects of the Iraq War sitting up front, I really wanted Obama to end his speech last night with "..and f**k you, Dick Cheney." That detestable man, who is responsible for the current mess, is the embodiment of evil.

Dana Milbank: Dick Cheney, still blindly beating the drums of war - The Washington Post

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/...ype=blogs&_r=0

Old 09-11-2014, 10:28 AM

17,322 posts, read 9,141,101 times
Default What would you like Obama to say or do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
He didn't get us involved in a war in Syria or Ukraine or Iraq or Iran...ALL things Bush WOULD HAVE DONE. More American lives lost for the republicans war mongering.
Is your TV broken? The headline in my News Paper today is ......

Obama orders airstrikes in Syria

It's also the Headline by Reuters - a news service that covers the world.

Obama orders U.S. airstrikes in Syria against Islamic State

Somehow you think that these headlines are not "involved in a war in Syria", or perhaps you think it was a Typo and they meant to use the name "Bush" instead of "Obama"?

As for .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad
Personally I would like him to set up a conference and tell each and every whiny,crybaby,ODS republican to shove it and then walk out.
DUH! He had that "conference a couple of days ago - he asked them to support his unauthorized new War and claimed he did not need an authorization. He also told them he wanted $5 Billion Dollars for this new "war" and wants it as a Blank Check - he hasn't told them what he will do with the money. The Democrats want to fold this new War Funding into a Continuing Resolution bill for Fiscal Year 2015 - they do NOT want to take a "War Vote" of any kind.

Obama Wants a Blank Check to Fight ISIS—and Congress Is Ready to Give It to Him - The Daily Beast, 9/10/14

Democrats in Congress are ready to give the Obama administration $5 billion in new funding to fight ISIS and other terror groups, despite the fact that the administration has no idea how the money will be spent.

Several top Democratic and Republican senators told The Daily Beast on Friday that the administration has given Congress zero details about the proposed fund and consultations have been next to nonexistent. But Democrats said that was perfectly fine with them.

Let's not forget that Obama said just 34 days ago in an interview with Tom Friedman of the New York Times ---- that it was a "fantasy" to think that the Syrian Rebels could do anything because they are nothing more that "farmers, doctors & pharmacists". That was 34 days ago, now we need $5 Billion dollars to Train & Arm them to be our Boots on the Ground in the New "Not War".

That's some pretty outrageous spin and pivot.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:32 AM

430 posts, read 377,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What has he done that's so bad? Pushing policy that is wrong at EVERY turn. That is stagnating the economy, keeping Americans unemployed and driving businesses under.

News flash, liberal. America WAS the gem of the world. It was the place that almost every person in the world dreamed of coming to. The land of opportunity. The country that people died trying to enter. Your president has made us the same as everyone else. Congrats.
Unemployment rate is lowest its been in MANY years including a vast majority of Dubya's terms. Economy is actually doing pretty well where I live...places have hiring signs everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Overregulation of industries, which in fact harms smaller and medium sized businesses than the mega corporations.

Stupid blue laws like mandating what restaurants can cook with, or limiting the size of of a cup for a soft drink, or telling a private business that it cannot allow it's patrons to smoke inside, where in fact it should be the choice of the business owner.

Trying to silence the opposition or anyone who disagrees with them by using "mob rule" and group think. Or even better using the IRS to illegally audit those of a different political ideology.

Spreading the wealth. Taking from those who have worked hard to get what they or their families have acheived to give to those who sit on their a**es looking for a handout!

Have any progressives ended the drug war? Nope. Cannabis is still illegal on a Federal level.

And finally, libertarianism tends to have a conservative slant to it, in the sense that we fiscally conservative, seek to cut wasteful spending and government programs that are bankrupting this country. We also promote personal responsibility as well as seek to remove the government from intruding on our private lives. So yes, socially we don't care what others do, who they marry, or tend not to care what a woman does with her body, so long as one accepts the personal responsibility and any consequences from that may happen come from their actions. Progressives don't necessarily believe in personal responsibility. Nor do they agree with reducing the size of the Federal government. And they sure as hell don't believe in free speech. In short, progressives are by no means libertarian!
Overregulation-yea we saw how that overregulation stopped the leaking into the river water in WV eh? More like you want corporations to have a free hand in dumping sewage and toxic waste wherever it wants.
Eh not a big freaking deal to me with the blue laws.
No one was being silenced in fact its been shown that liberal groups were targeted as well,the IRS commissioner should be punished yes for lying and hiding emails
I agree on the Patriot Act,NSA,TSA,DHS stuff.
Spreading the wealth-AKA giving the people who MADE the products a better share of the wealth that the products THEY MADE produced. Workers getting their fair share from CEO's and corporations that made millions off their backs and sweat.
Isn't attacking Washington or Colorado over their weed laws...better than its been.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:34 AM

430 posts, read 377,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Is your TV broken? The headline in my News Paper today is ......

Obama orders airstrikes in Syria

It's also the Headline by Reuters - a news service that covers the world.

Obama orders U.S. airstrikes in Syria against Islamic State

Somehow you think that these headlines are not "involved in a war in Syria", or perhaps you think it was a Typo and they meant to use the name "Bush" instead of "Obama"?

As for .....

DUH! He had that "conference a couple of days ago - he asked them to support his unauthorized new War and claimed he did not need an authorization. He also told them he wanted $5 Billion Dollars for this new "war" and wants it as a Blank Check - he hasn't told them what he will do with the money. The Democrats want to fold this new War Funding into a Continuing Resolution bill for Fiscal Year 2015 - they do NOT want to take a "War Vote" of any kind.

Obama Wants a Blank Check to Fight ISIS—and Congress Is Ready to Give It to Him - The Daily Beast, 9/10/14

Democrats in Congress are ready to give the Obama administration $5 billion in new funding to fight ISIS and other terror groups, despite the fact that the administration has no idea how the money will be spent.

Several top Democratic and Republican senators told The Daily Beast on Friday that the administration has given Congress zero details about the proposed fund and consultations have been next to nonexistent. But Democrats said that was perfectly fine with them.

Let's not forget that Obama said just 34 days ago in an interview with Tom Friedman of the New York Times ---- that it was a "fantasy" to think that the Syrian Rebels could do anything because they are nothing more that "farmers, doctors & pharmacists". That was 34 days ago, now we need $5 Billion dollars to Train & Arm them to be our Boots on the Ground in the New "Not War".

That's some pretty outrageous spin and pivot.
I am talking about the civil war between Assad and the terrorists in Syria. Not attacking ISIS/ISIL.

No he is still trying to get the republicans to remove their heads from their rear ends and stop pouting because the black guy won and work with him. They WHINED when he had no plan and now are WHINING when he does have a plan and assume its supposed to work with no money.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:36 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,370,031 times
Quote:
Industries aren't regulated just for craps and gigs.. they are regulated for safety and public health.

Quote:
See above. Public health. Smoking should be banned in all public buildings. It actually was just banned in public parks in Chicago just recently.

Quote:
The IRS targetted progressives as well. No one is trying to silence anyway.

Quote:
Strawman. I am 100% against the Patriot act. Like I said, I'm libertarian on social issues (as are most progressives)

Quote:

See, Washington and Colorado. We want to decriminalize drugs but conservatives keep blocking it. How can you blame progressives from what regressives block?

Quote:
No, libertarian does not have a conservative slant to it. Libertarian means anti-government. Libertarian is libertarian. The conservatives that want government to leave businesses alone what the government to regulate drugs, abortion, and marriage. That is not libertarian.

The political spectrum is not one-dimensional. I am a left-leaning social libertarian. My views overlap with "right" libertarians on social issues involving the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies