Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:44 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I have asked before for someone to explain to me why he is considered so bad and to date, no one has bothered. I guess it is just okay to spout hatred and not have a civil debate and learning thread.

what is so heinous about the Tea Party ? I do not understand it. They are conservative but there are things I agree with and some I don't. There are some things I believe that place me squarely in the camp of liberal beliefs. I try and understand the issues and not vote strict party lines or my hidden biases....
There is nothing heinous about the Tea Party....however, there is disagreement between the Tea Party and the Conservatives, let alone the Democrates, so, of course, the tea party is God Awful and made up of nutty people.

I have learned, Annie, to completely disregard any post that labels a group of people as the same, and have found out, most people cannot say why they dislike one party or another, b/c they fear them, and it goes against something that they believe in, and it may only be one issue, but hey, they are nutty people simply b/c I don't agree with them....

there are so many extremists that are misinformed it is pathetic....

and sad

and utterly discouraging.....

Old 09-16-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
nononsenseguy If Christians don't stand with Israel, they are standing with her enemies, which are the Islamists who wish to destroy her and annihilate the Jews (and Christians).

What are Israel's "many actions" that you find offensive?
That is an untrue statement, just b/c someone doesn't want to stand with Israel, not that anyone is against them or believes they are fighting for a wrong cause, just simply doesn't wish to stand with them, doesn't say they wish to annihilate her or her people....!!!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
That is an untrue statement, just b/c someone doesn't want to stand with Israel, not that anyone is against them or believes they are fighting for a wrong cause, just simply doesn't wish to stand with them, doesn't say they wish to annihilate her or her people....!!!
Isn't amazing the nonsense some people post here, the you are either with us or against us mentality is a sad thing to see and it speaks volumes about those that think that way.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Casper in Dallas Good for you. You have not been here long we shall see how you react in a few years to those that hate you for thinking for yourself and daring to question the current rhetoric of the day. Right now you have no track record to look at and judge one way or the other where you stand on the many issues. You will find that some people here deserve respect even those you may disagree with, others deserve nothing than what they give, you will have to figure out who they are as you go, especially the first time you dare disagree with them.
First off, if there is someone here who hates, me for my thoughts, feelings and beliefs, then I feel very sorry for that person, for an instant, then move on, b/c I could care less....what someone who I've never met feels about me...or my beliefs, as long as I've never harmed anyone...murdered, or stole from them? Who cares?

Quote:
The Tea Party does have some good ideas and yes they also have some bad ideas, had they stuck to their original purpose of reducing taxes they might be more respected. That is not what they did, they started weighing in on many issues that have zero to do with taxes and are one of the main reasons that Washington has turned into one Big Lame Duck, they are the Party of No Compromise. Those that are aligned with them are willing to do anything to garner attention and that includes doing harm to the Nation in the process. Had the Tea Party used better tactics they might be more well liked but I can assure you that not only Liberal Leaning people have issues with Cruz and the TP, there are many Republicans that do not agree with his/their tactics and do not see them as being a good thing for America.
Do I like Cruz? I dunno yet, the jury is still out...but when I heard him in the beginning, I certainly liked what he had to say. But I've been watching him, and I certainly do not agree with the fact that he sometimes plays the same games that any other politican plays by bashing Obama. No, I don't like Obama, he did a miserable job, and is so weak in many areas, but so was Bush. Bush put this country in debt, and sent our boys over to Afghanistan, with less then appropriate tools and weapons, and don't get me started b/c my son was over there, and no one in this country seems to understand how horribly our money was wasted over there!

There will always be issues and beliefs we don't agree with, we cannot and never will have it all..no one will...however, we need to lighten up with caring about those who really are in the know...and those that are, don't come into threads and call others names...they will quietly come into a thread, and post sometimes a very lengthy post, to prove their points, explaining efficently what they mean, and why it is not a good idea...and agree with that person or not, they are the ones who are in the know, not the petty name calling....

Quote:
Welcome to the real world, very few people are 100% Liberal or Conservative, most hold both Liberal and Conservative ideals, being stuck in the middle is not always smooth sailing and you will find yourself attacked from both sides on different issues. My suggestion is take the issues individually and stick to your beliefs, it may not always be smooth sailing but at least you are being true to yourself.
Be respectful and you will usually get in return be the south end of a north bound mule and you will usually get treated as one, fairly simple rule.
No matter where you are in politics is not smooth sailing, but I will tell you this, I would rather be with those stuck on the fence, then either side, b/c they are not extremists, they are a people who are trying, to view both sides...which is a wise thing to do....and shows they are able to be a whole lot more open minded then stuck on one side as an extremist and defend corrupt policies that are failing!

there is no 100% right or wrong and never will be, never has been, look at how many people hated Kennedy, so much so, he lost his life, and that is sad....for many reasons....but the fact of the matter is, people will kill other people over beliefs and opinions and wanting to make this country better, why? B/c of power and money.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:06 AM

and to all you people who want a better government, write your elected officials and tell them what you want, write no, hound your next candidates and tell them what you expect of them....

I bet you over half those who come in here calling others names, don't do that?

Do YOU?

that is YOUR Job...let them know how unhappy you are, and watch them, so you know what they are doing...and learn to discern....meaning, know when someone is doing some thing just a little bit to gain votes for that particular party....stop buying the sour milk and invest in a healthy cow.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:23 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,288,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Seems like he didn't get a very warm reception by trying to change the topic to Israel rather that Christian suffering in IRAQ.

Of course your opinion is appreciated.

The conservative firebrand delivered the keynote address at an event hosted by In Defense of Christians, an organization that raises awareness of persecuted Christian and minority communities in the Middle East. But the audience turned hostile when Cruz said, "Christians have no greater ally than Israel."

"I will say this: I'm saddened to see that some here, not everyone, are so consumed with hate," he said, as more members in attendance began to boo. "I will say this: If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews, then I will not stand with you. Thank you, and God bless you," he said, before walking off the stage.

Ted Cruz Gets Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Event
Cruz is not a Conservative nor a Libertarian, but a fool and an embarrassment. We need Americans running for America. The fate of Israel is not central to America's challenges and our excessive focus on this European-Arab-Middle East mess on her has only cost us dearly.

Investors in his campaign might as well burn their money in a fire pit.

Cruz, focus on the USA.
S.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and to all you people who want a better government, write your elected officials and tell them what you want, write no, hound your next candidates and tell them what you expect of them....

I bet you over half those who come in here calling others names, don't do that?

Do YOU?

that is YOUR Job...let them know how unhappy you are, and watch them, so you know what they are doing...and learn to discern....meaning, know when someone is doing some thing just a little bit to gain votes for that particular party....stop buying the sour milk and invest in a healthy cow.
Excellent post. I email, fax or call my representatives on issues that I am passionate about at least once a week. I have written many letters to the editor in our local paper and to the NYT and the WSJ, as well. I am very concerned about where my country is headed and what I am leaving for my grandchildren and future generations to deal with. So, in my 70's, I have tried to take a stand and make my one voice out of many count for something. It's all I can do. Venting on a message board is only a small part of trying to understand the issues and answers.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:31 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Ted Cruz is just itching to be the next egotistical Capricorn President. Last Capricorn President: Nixon!

Old 09-17-2014, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Ted Cruz is just itching to be the next egotistical Capricorn President. Last Capricorn President: Nixon!
are you kidding me?

Old 09-17-2014, 04:40 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Seems like he didn't get a very warm reception by trying to change the topic to Israel rather that Christian suffering in IRAQ... But the audience turned hostile when Cruz said, "Christians have no greater ally than Israel.".....
How did Cruz change the topic? The topic was Christians in the Mid East, and Cruz was addressing the topic by pointing out that they had an ally in Israel. Your own quote shows it. "Change the topic" basically translates to "I don't like you, and now I'm going to concoct some reason as to why you have offended me."

Tilt summed it up well in post #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11
Good for him for standing up to the anti-Israel scum
Cruz just elevated his status a notch as we move towards 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies