Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 07:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It has everything to do with freedom of speech!
Nope, it has has Nothing to do with the Freedom of Speech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats not true, the other poster very much indeed responded..

The "found fathers" (you brought them up), believed in limited government, so if I have to "buy" a congressman to keep the government out of my dam pocket then so be it..

You dont like it, TOUGH.. its NOT YOUR MONEY...
Thanks for affirming what I have been saying since this thread was started, Cons believe in the right to buy Representatives and that it has Nothing to do with Freedom of Speech. You make this way too easy, Nonsense.

Nope, it is MY COUNTRY

Old 09-18-2014, 07:12 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So What? You seem to think I believe in the Con methodology of one side being able to do something that the other side cannot, that not my mindset or agenda. I want no one to have an advantage, give them all the same amount and let them run on their ideas on how to deal with the issues and let the voters decide..
Who's going to give it to them? If it is the government, that means taxation. It also means that I, as a conservative, am forced to support those I don't agree with, as well as those I do agree with. I don't want to support "Progressives." I strongly object to their agenda and ideology, which is anti-Constitution, and anti-American.

I want to make sure that candidates of my choice have every advantage possible.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
They have the same voice you and I have, do not lie and attempt to say they have no voice.
Yes and you and I have have the ability to donate to candidates who share the same belief and goals we do..

/thread end, along with your nonsensical argument against it.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Thanks for affirming what I have been saying since this thread was started, Cons believe in the right to buy Representatives and that it has Nothing to do with Freedom of Speech. You make this way too easy, Nonsense.

Nope, it is MY COUNTRY
How do candidates get elected if not through freedom of speech? how do you not vote to take away someone elses money if not through elected officials who believe in taking other peoples money?

Its also MY country, and if you dont like my companies donating to candiates TOUGH!!! Go cry to your mommy I dont care.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Sure it does,

It wasnt that long ago democrats were celebrating Obama when he set a goal to raise $1 BILLION dollars, as a sign that the people have spoken..

now donating money isnt a sign of speech, only when Democrats are the recipiants.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who decides which parties get money for their candidates?
He doesn't know. He's just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. He's totally ignorant, has not thought any of this through, and is clueless about what free speech is, and the right of citizens to support candidates of their choice. In his "progressive" world, business should have no voice at all, and government is the solution to everything.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:26 AM

here goes Casper admitting fundraising is a sign of free speech...
Quote:
Yeup, he is a Politician, what are the members of Congress doing right now? Can you tell me where my governor is?
Quote:
Oh My, Let the Whining begin
Quote:
Bugs ya don't it Roy,
Quote:
I doubt he will need much more than he already has to beat out whichever of the clowns the GOP picks from the current traveling circus.
Quote:
Yeah, about like Bush did and why some candidate avoid him when doing their fundraising. As I said I doubt Obama really cares any more than I have no doubts Bush really did not care what people thought at that point he was on the way out and there was not much he could do.
And now he's arguing otherwise since we're discussing Republicans.
Quote:
Will the real Casper, please stand up because you flip flop every single day...

Dont worry, you guys always do, if we cant count on liberals to be inconsistant, then we cant count on anything.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:26 AM

Wow, looks like I hit a nerve getting you guys to admit openly that you agree with Big Businesses being able to buy our Government Representatives, something you were denying in the beginning of this thread. Now you are on Record and it will be there for reference at a later date when you claim you never said it. Thanks for playing, boys and girls, my job on this Thread is complete. Jeeez, you guys are so easy and predictable.
ROTFLMAO!

Old 09-18-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Sure it does,

It wasnt that long ago democrats were celebrating Obama when he set a goal to raise $1 BILLION dollars, as a sign that the people have spoken..

now donating money isnt a sign of speech, only when Democrats are the recipiants.
What a great point! I wish I had thought of it. You just scored a big
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies