Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:55 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,206,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I would imagine that is the case. I've been to very poor countries where people never the less took pride in keeping their homes and neighborhoods clean and free of crime. I've also been to others where crime was out of control and drug addicts were every where so it seems culture & values matter more than ethnicity in my experience.
And I live in a poor neighborhood where there were mostly working-class and retired people trying to keep to themselves. From what I can tell, the OP would do well to live in a retirement community, old folks don't like loud music that much.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:56 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,823,681 times
Are black people better at basketball than white? Are Asian people better at math? So why can't other 'stereotypes' hold true?

Old 09-11-2014, 09:56 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,569,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post
Don't you think I would if I could? Unfortunately that is not an option for a lot.
How about a trailer park?

Old 09-11-2014, 09:59 PM

18,895 posts, read 14,083,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
IMO, a lot of poor inner city blacks have opposition-defiance disorder, where leaving your streets and lawn picked up and orderly is "acting white" and not something to emulate
Oppositional defiant disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Socialization across cultures is one of the strongest predictors of aggressive acts. Externalizing problems are reported to be more frequent among minority-status youth, a finding that is likely related to things like economic hardship, limited employment opportunities, and living in high-risk urban neighborhoods.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
How about a trailer park?
The other month my county sent a bomb-response team to a trailer park. Not saying that all trailer parks are bad, but the OP should take a look at crime-reports before moving into neighborhoods.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:03 PM

816 posts, read 1,389,351 times
So what's with all the snide comments in here? I am not attacking anyone or any race; just simply explaining what I have observed so far in the areas I have lived. That's all.... just wondering why predominantly black areas seem to be filled with more crime, trash, and ignorant behavior?

I HIGHLY doubt anyone in this thread actually finds cars driving by blasting rap music with their subwoofers that rattle your windows at 3 AM enjoyable.... orrrrrr a group of loud people walking past your house at 2 AM yelling profanities and rapping. These are real life occurrences and happen frequently.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Are black people better at basketball than white? Are Asian people better at math? So why can't other 'stereotypes' hold true?
A certain college football offensive team is predominantly black, despite having a white-dominant student body....

....ANYWAYS it's not that Asian people are better at math, it's the fact that Asian people tend to have a certain culture which encourages study.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:13 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,275,575 times
Get out of Cleveland. Literally every other place in America would be better aside from Detroit.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:20 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,361,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
poverty and crime go hand in hand

do you know of any poor neighborhoods w/o crime and people loitering outside all day

in majority white neighborhoods you only see people on the streets when they are jogging or walking a dog

thats how it is... thats why people that are able to move to better neighboorhoods, gated communities and shht like that

aint nobody purposely trying to live in gutter ass neighborhoods

Crime and the young single male population go hand in hand. ..more precisely, crime and the "male 16-24, not employed and not in school population" or crime and the "young unmarriageable male population" go hand in hand.

Crime and the working poor, not so much.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:22 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,721,911 times
If you point out that african american males die more from gang violence like driveby shooting then other races your not being racist. If you say all african americans are violent then your racist.

In Hawaii we harp on Haoles, which used to mean foreigners, but now mostly means whites. History of Hawai'i is one of classism, in the past rich people moving to Hawai'i were elitist, pretences and treated others as if they were less then them and expectted others to change for them. So they got a bad reputation. Now i know that not every white person is like this, but most where in the past(culture thing). Today these behaviors are still more prominent in foreigners on the islands. So is it racist to point that out? I mean is it racist to point out that one culture or race has more of this bad traits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies