Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 08:21 PM

1,523 posts, read 2,863,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Yer, But it basically states on there the Britain has much more equality... So what do you say to that??
Ah, 'equality'. A classic buzzword that carries instant appeal. Unfortunately, it can easily be misleading.

The Soviet Union was more equal than the UK. The poor in Britain lived like the average Russian, while the rest of the British lived better. In other words, the UK had more inequality. I for one would have preferred the more inequal UK over the more equal country.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:46 PM

2,173 posts, read 2,581,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
Ah, 'equality'. A classic buzzword that carries instant appeal. Unfortunately, it can easily be misleading.

The Soviet Union was more equal than the UK. The poor in Britain lived like the average Russian, while the rest of the British lived better. In other words, the UK had more inequality. I for one would have preferred the more inequal UK over the more equal country.
What a load of Boll*cks! The average poor person in the UK doesn't live like the average Russian, for starters poorer people have new fitted in kitchens and luxuries that any Russian would never dream of. As for the rich, I think there's to many of them tbh, I believe that Britain has the most billionaires per capita: Britain has world's most billionaires per capita | Business | The Guardian. This is not cool considering many of them don't live here most of the time. This making the housing crisis slightly worse!
Yes America is richer. But don't be deluded, that's because it's bigger and has a higher population. Britain is definitely one of the best places to be born. Though Australia, NZ and Canada are much better places!

Old 09-12-2014, 09:15 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,545,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
No way, Britain would be such a burden. It's just too poor, we already have Mississippi.

Britain Poorer Than Any US State: Yes, Even Mississippi
"I’ve been asked (on Twitter ) to link to my source, but I’m afraid there’s no study to point to. It’s original research. "

So in other words " I can pick certain stats to write a story with a ridiculous headline to get attention".

Old 09-12-2014, 10:02 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
If the US and UK merged, the UK would be part of the US more than the other way around. But there's that whole monarchy thing. I wish everyone the best of luck getting Americans to accept a monarchy.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:11 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,825,582 times
Better yet ...how about some breakup here in the Estados Unidos?

Old 09-12-2014, 10:22 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,315 times
Quote:
What a load of Boll*cks! The average poor person in the UK doesn't live like the average Russian, for starters poorer people have new fitted in kitchens and luxuries that any Russian would never dream of. As for the rich, I think there's to many of them tbh, I believe that Britain has the most billionaires per capita: Britain has world's most billionaires per capita | Business | The Guardian. This is not cool considering many of them don't live here most of the time. This making the housing crisis slightly worse!
Yes America is richer. But don't be deluded, that's because it's bigger and has a higher population. Britain is definitely one of the best places to be born. Though Australia, NZ and Canada are much better places!

Britain is a great and wealthy place for sure, but its salaries are low and the cost of living high. The US per capita wealth is much greater. I for one, is way better off in the US than I ever would have been in England.

You couldnt pay me enough to live in Australia, or Canada. I would live in New Zealand as I have in the past and loved it. If thise countries are "better than the UK" in your opinion then so be it.

As for the OP; its a silly question. Its not desirable or doable.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
If the US and UK merged, the UK would be part of the US more than the other way around. But there's that whole monarchy thing. I wish everyone the best of luck getting Americans to accept a monarchy.
Wouldnt happen. Few countries would be prepared to accept such nonsense.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Yer, But it basically states on there the Britain has much more equality... So what do you say to that??
So what. Equality is not desirable. You dont want the level of inequality of the US but the UK is hardly a desirable model either. If you're educated and hard working you're better off in the US (or a dozen other countries fir that matter)

Old 09-12-2014, 11:08 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,423,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Britain is a great and wealthy place for sure, but its salaries are low and the cost of living high. The US per capita wealth is much greater. I for one, is way better off in the US than I ever would have been in England.

You couldnt pay me enough to live in Australia, or Canada. I would live in New Zealand as I have in the past and loved it. If thise countries are "better than the UK" in your opinion then so be it.

As for the OP; its a silly question. Its not desirable or doable.

According to these lists, and just about any other list I can find, indeed they are.

The Best and Worst Places to be Born in 2013 | IndexMundi Blog

Australia on top of the list The ten happiest countries in the World - eTurboNews.com

Official List 2014 - World's Top 20 Best Countries To Live In

Old 09-12-2014, 11:38 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
^Please don't believe in that god-awful where-to-be-born index.I feel like puking whenever I see Taiwan is placed above the likes of Germany,Japan,France,or the UK.It's mortifying to those countries tbqh.

And do you seriously want to be born in UAE or Kuwait?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies