Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 11:21 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times

Advertisements

[quote=Finn_Jarber;36503662]
Quote:
US has taken the lead role, like we always do. This is an undeniable fact, not
an opinion. I have not heard anyone take credit for anything yet. Considering
this is still in the planning phase, it is a bit early to fly the "mission
accomplished" banner. Wouldn't you agree?
How about Obama making claims that *I* have ordered bombing missions and *I* will degrade and defeat ISIS. Of course he had to be forced to this position but he owns it.

Quote:
That's the problem with your way of thinking which revolves around political
parties, and their representatives. It is not about the "who". It is about
trying to prevent these terrorists from attacking the US
If that were true actions would have been taken years ago, before the polls told him he better act.

That's the problem with your way of thinking, it consists of a) protect Obama first b) protect Obama second c) forgive Obama any and every thing, especially his screw ups and lies.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:23 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Default Remember When Barry Referred to ISIS as the "JV Team?"

Yeah, I remember that too.

And now we're going to "war" with the JV Team?

Liberals, can you explain this turn of events for me?

We already know he's a bald-faced liar of epic proportions.

Should you also acknowledge that he's woefully naïve and quite frankly, dangerous, when it comes to foreign policy?

Red lines....JV teams............what's next? Iran doesn't have nukes and North Korea loves America?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...state-jv-team/

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isi...r-isis-n202336

Old 09-15-2014, 11:23 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Even Russia and Saudi Arabia has now joined the coalition and pledge to help "by any means necessary, including appropriate military assistance.".
I was going to ask if you are really that gullible but you blindly support Obama so I guess that answers the question.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:25 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,890,319 times
I don't think the U.S. government will go to "war" with Isis until Washington or New York are attacked again. I think Obama
is wise right now in seeking "allied" support but why should they help us when we usually wind up finishing the job and paying the bills? I think China needs to get involved in helping us and we need their support as Russia fades away.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:37 AM

1,199 posts, read 734,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yeah, I remember that too.

And now we're going to "war" with the JV Team?

Liberals, can you explain this turn of events for me?

We already know he's a bald-faced liar of epic proportions.

Should you also acknowledge that he's woefully naïve and quite frankly, dangerous, when it comes to foreign policy?

Red lines....JV teams............what's next? Iran doesn't have nukes and North Korea loves America?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...state-jv-team/

Obama Administration Says U.S. Is 'At War' With ISIS - NBC News
Yes I do. I also remembering voting for a president who I thought wouldn't be another war mongerer or interventionist, not a war hawk who gets america involved in every little issue when we have so much to resolve here at home.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
One day they are a JV team that we can ignore and the next day they are a global threat to human existence.
When we decide to go to war the boogieman is always a global powerhouse that we must eradicate.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:43 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Talk to me when the JV team joins the big leagues with an aircraft carrier. Or ICBM's.
Heck I will settle for the ability to project power and be a threat to our sovereignty.

They ARE JV. despite the panic they seem to fill you with.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:43 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
They are. Iraq after all the money and training we threw at them turned out to be the freshman squad. Or maybe the the middle school one. Any competent military would have crushed them. Arabs are not competent militarily unless they believe they are dying for Allah.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Since when is it "pessimism & negativity" to point out the facts of the matter that are well documented?
Assuming failure in everything is pessimism, and that seems to be your attitude based on your comments.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:51 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
After a lot of thought, I believe ISIS are the new nazis. Instead of a politically party killing Jewish, they are killing of Christians.

The scary part is we don't know which nations are funding ISIS. I think Saudi Arabia and Jordan may be funding them secretly.

It's no surprise that the Middle East has civil war after civil war. Very similar to Africa in that the area has been unstable for years. All though, I think Africa is more peaceful than the Middle East right now.

I think ISIS, like the nazis, will grow to a point where it won't just affect that region, but will spread and create a third WW if we don't stop it.

And that's exactly what got us into Viet Nam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies