Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 01:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,078,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
The term is used by thousands of adolescent junior high school students.
I gave Barry 6 years to prove his leadership bona fides. Now he resides in a heap of nothingness. The TOS prevent me from saying what I really want to say about him.

A JV "president" against a "JV" terrorist threat. I'm not exactly reassured.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:22 PM

17,374 posts, read 9,198,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Assuming failure in everything is pessimism, and that seems to be your attitude based on your comments.
Once Again ..... "my comments" are basically just posting the News Articles that refute the rhetoric of Team Obama (and those who blindly follow him). I am pessimistic, but not in the power of USA's Military or even our ability to bring other Nations into a Coalition against an evil like ISIS/ISIL. My "pessimism is pretty much the same as our "allies" .... Obama Talks a Lot, but he fails to follow through for the most part. He is reluctant to make decisions because he is reluctant to take any Actions that might blow back on HIM politically.

It's been 3 LONG Years that we have sit a watched Bashar al-Assad murder his people - 200,000 dead.
We are now in our 3rd year after pulling out of Iraq and announcing it was a "success" for Team Obama.

His Judgement is lacking. I know it, many know it -- but worst of all, the International Community knows it. We barely have any relationship left with the Gulf Coast Nations in the Mid East and with Egypt.

I certainly think there are things this Coalition could do to rein in ISIS ..... but I think they will lack the will to make the tough choices - and they ARE tough choices. That's not just Obama, but everyone involved. This massive wound has festered too long - gangrene has set in. Band-aids really don't work well with gangrene.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:27 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,393,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I gave Barry 6 years to prove his leadership bona fides. Now he resides in a heap of nothingness. The TOS prevent me from saying what I really want to say about him.

A JV "president" against a "JV" terrorist threat. I'm not exactly reassured.
YOU didn't give him anything and that nothingness he resides at is the White house.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:34 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,464,680 times
I think the formation of this coalition is proof that time has healed our relations with the international community. It was looking very bad after the Iraq war, when even UK, our strongest ally, felt we had tricked them into a fruitless war and occupation in Iraq. That was the lowest point US credibility has been in decades, but maybe things are getting better in that arena.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,305,478 times
Quote:
Assuming failure in everything is pessimism, and that seems to be your attitude based on your comments.
So voicing opinions based on our past in the ME and that this is fruitless is "pessimism" ?
Like we all need to just shut up and fall in blindly with support for Obama's war ?

The War on Terror will never end because the good ole US of A keeps training and arming the next bunch.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:01 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,534,204 times
Quote:
I think the formation of this coalition is proof that time has healed our relations with the international community. It was looking very bad after the Iraq war, when even UK, our strongest ally, felt we had tricked them into a fruitless war and occupation in Iraq. That was the lowest point US credibility has been in decades, but maybe things are getting better in that arena.
This "formation" is consisting of nations who have actually committed to nothing, have not said what they would do or provide and in fact are offering nothing.

Just Obamas cup of tea allowing him to brag about nothing.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:04 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,534,204 times
Quote:
Or the recognition of the history of this administration, especially its leader. Except of course getting to the golf course.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:10 PM

1,199 posts, read 732,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That, apparently, didn't work out too well did it?
Nope, and thats why I laugh when I hear the right call Obama a left wing extremist.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:24 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,400,930 times
Default Act against ISIS but not Boko Haram?

They're the same thing, just in different places.

Both are uber extreme Islamic groups that claim large swaths of territory. Both commit atrosities against civilians, liking beheading Christian children. Both are actively trying to expand the area under control. The only difference is ISIS beheaded a couple of White guys while Boko Haram's victims are all Black Africans. They recently took over a girl's school and are still holding the girls hostage.

So why not also act to contain them along with ISIS?

Old 09-15-2014, 02:30 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,825,404 times
I think eliminating ISIS is more to prevent a future threat against America / allies. I am not worried about BH staging attacks in the US. I am very afraid of ISIS (or ISIS type) groups doing that. I mean how many Americans have traveled to Africa to join BH, with the ability for them to return to the US even more radicalized?

What both groups are doing is terrible. But this isn't about being the world's keeper. It's about eliminating a problem over there before they become a huge problem over here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies