Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 12:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I would say the power of the press to propagandize this was successful.
It's been plastered all over the net..totally blown out of proportion.
And if anyone bothered to dig a bit they'd find out that Walmart already had a dress code.
All these people need to do is spend $5 on a shirt....if they want.
Mention walmart to any liberal and they automatically stand at attention and scream evil corporation then run around in circles wailing about boycotts and the like. Just utter insanity.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:41 PM

37,175 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Mention walmart to any liberal and they automatically stand at attention and scream evil corporation then run around in circles wailing about boycotts and the like. Just utter insanity.
Actually, no. I personally haven't been through the doors of a WM for ten years this past July 24th. America is a free country. WM has a right to operate, and people have a right to shop wherever they choose.

That said, I really hope that this is they year the unions get a foothold in WM and get a lot of necessary changes made so that my tax dollars aren't spent on welfare for their employees.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:05 PM

680 posts, read 1,034,757 times
This says a lot about Wal-Mart workers.

Most of us have dress codes at work or at the very least an expectation that we dress professionally, and most of us do not get the benefit of having our employer pay for our clothes. Even my first job when I was 15 require the purchase of specific clothes and shoes before I could start. It was also in a retail environment and I can guarantee that I was paid less than comparable WM workers.

I dislike shopping at Wal Mart for a number of reasons. Their uniforms don't influence my opinion of the Wal Mart experience.

Last edited by tigerphan; 09-15-2014 at 01:39 PM..

Old 09-15-2014, 01:10 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Actually, no. I personally haven't been through the doors of a WM for ten years this past July 24th. America is a free country. WM has a right to operate, and people have a right to shop wherever they choose.

That said, I really hope that this is they year the unions get a foothold in WM and get a lot of necessary changes made so that my tax dollars aren't spent on welfare for their employees.
Do you boycott your local store whose employees are also on public assistance and whose owner lives in a better neighborhood than you and drives a better car?

Old 09-15-2014, 01:15 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Do you boycott your local store whose employees are also on public assistance and whose owner lives in a better neighborhood than you and drives a better car?
Of course they don't. They are hack hypocrites. Every single one of them.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
um, any retail store i ever worked at deducted money out my check for uniforms

and a dress code is sop at businesses and schools, etc

a general "polo" shirt (a shirt with a collar) and khaki britches is standard stuff people already have

just your typical people looking for a reason to support their walmart derangement syndrome

notice how the words "living wage" was thrown into the dress code matter

i see walmart employees wearing jordan concords all the time, if you can buy $150+ shoes, well..
um, any job i ever worked paid a wage so that i could afford "a general "polo" shirt (a shirt with a collar) and khaki britches."

Walmart doesn't even pay a livable wage and yet the billionaire Waltons would have the employees starve to squeeze a few more bucks out of them. What is wrong with that picture?

BTW, those $150 shoes you claim to have seen an employee at Walmart wear, would have cost them almost a week's paycheck.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:

Right much better to spend all YOUR tax dollars on illegals streaming across the border.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
WM employees are paid starvation wages. This imposition and the suggestion to buy the clothes from the employer works a financial hardship on a lot of families, even with reduced prices. It is very similar to not having an alternative place to shop for what were not "necessities" when they were hired. It is nothing but a ploy by WM to move more product and make the Massas richer.

Don't let your utter lack of ability to understand a simple analogy get in the way of your posting fun here.
According to the OP average hourly wage is 12.92 an hour across the country. you call that starvation wages? $48 dollares to buy two pairs of pants and two shirts gonna bust one for the entire year? Hey why don't YOU go buy some of these starving down and out folks some clothes? Eh you would rather squeal.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
According to the OP average hourly wage is 12.92 an hour across the country. you call that starvation wages? $48 dollares to buy two pairs of pants and two shirts gonna bust one for the entire year? Hey why don't YOU go buy some of these starving down and out folks some clothes? Eh you would rather squeal.

That is BS. Walmart Hourly Pay | Glassdoor

Quote:
I work for $8.25 an hour at Walmart. What would you like to know?
For me, there's no good day. I'm a part-time employee, although I often work close to 40 hours a week and don't get benefits.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...-what-its-like

Old 09-15-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
um, any job i ever worked paid a wage so that i could afford "a general "polo" shirt (a shirt with a collar) and khaki britches."

Walmart doesn't even pay a livable wage and yet the billionaire Waltons would have the employees starve to squeeze a few more bucks out of them. What is wrong with that picture?

BTW, those $150 shoes you claim to have seen an employee at Walmart wear, would have cost them almost a week's paycheck.
So now walmart employees make $150 bucks a week? Hey maybe part timers do. I guess you can't cipher very well when the average pay across the US for walmart employees is $12.92 an hour. Or don't want to would just rather yammer and screech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies