Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 05:24 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
40% of the nations wealth? Where could you possibly come up with that....guess exxon and apple dont come into your picture.

Perhaps you shouldnt be concerned with the Walton family wealth and be more concerned that those who work for walmart shouldnt be expecting the so called Livable Wage and perhaps should have spent more time getting an education or training to make a good living.
Hate to tell you this but someone needs to....A lot of those people checking you out have a college degree...

Old 09-14-2014, 05:29 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
People complain because "the rich" have tax write offs.

This makes their costs a write off.

I wonder how many will write it off???
Last I heard if you can wear it at anytime then you can't write it off....But that could have changed...

Old 09-14-2014, 06:45 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Last I heard if you can wear it at anytime then you can't write it off....But that could have changed...
I write off all of our clothes....never had a problem.

I can wear about anything to work on the rig.....or, take clients out to dinner.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:49 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,060,370 times
Very happy about this. It will help mam and paps survive against Walmart's viscious prices by forcing walmart prices up due to either 1) Walmart coming to terms with that they will need to help pay for the employee uniforms or have retail worker shortages of applicants unless they up their wage pay..both which will force price increases on walmart merchandise to maintain the previous profit volumes. Since none of this is price increase due to product quality improvement on Walmart's end, it's awesome news for mam and paps

Old 09-14-2014, 06:57 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
I am no fan of Walmart, in fact quite the opposite. That said, dress codes are not unusual. If the the employee doesn't like it, no one is forcing them to work there. I work in a factory and we have dress codes.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Very happy about this. It will help mam and paps survive against Walmart's viscious prices by forcing walmart prices up due to either 1) Walmart coming to terms with that they will need to help pay for the employee uniforms or have retail worker shortages of applicants unless they up their wage pay..both which will force price increases on walmart merchandise to maintain the previous profit volumes. Since none of this is price increase due to product quality improvement on Walmart's end, it's awesome news for mam and paps
Are you saying that Walmart will have to raise their prices across the board because they instituted a dress code for their employees ?

For crying out loud..Walmart has the pants for $11.00 and with their discount it comes to $9.90.

Hardly a "huge chunk of their take home pay" as noted in the article.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I write off all of our clothes....never had a problem.

I can wear about anything to work on the rig.....or, take clients out to dinner.
It's a legit deduction only if the clothes are unsuitable for street attire. For example, a hard hat could be deducted. A suit, not so much.

That one's return has not been selected for audit, does not make a deduction legal.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:11 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are you saying that Walmart will have to raise their prices across the board because they instituted a dress code for their employees ?

For crying out loud..Walmart has the pants for $11.00 and with their discount it comes to $9.90.

Hardly a "huge chunk of their take home pay" as noted in the article.
Adults with the emotional maturity of a child don't like rules. The second toughest job in the US must be a Walmart store manager.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:24 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
Not greed at all, perhaps there are some low income folks out there who would actually like to get off food stamps. But then we open up another entire can of worms right..?

See, we would all rather ***** because folks need public assistence.
Offer a solution of raising the minimum wage, we ***** about that..

Everyone has a gripe, seems nobody wants to think of a solution..
Even if it means that double whopper with cheese goes up a quarter in price..

Or Great Value OJ goes up a few cents..

Wal-mart workers need to get over the uniform thing..

Jobs require a dress code, we all have to pay...

Be it a suit and tie, Black pants and non slip shoes..
it's the price we have to pay to be employed..

I do not get a clothing allowence and most of my stuff get's bleach and all sorts of nasty stuff on it..
I want to work, I buy comfortable cheap clothing mostly at Goodwill, I know i'm going to ruin it...
Keep the minimum wage where it is and than make it, where one has to make less than minimum wage to qualify for food stamps. Now, those people are off of food stamps and we don't have to pay any more for the double whopper or Great Value OJ.

Since people can live off of minimum wage already, wanting more would be greed. Just because someone can get public assistance at a certain wage does not mean that they couldn't survive with out it.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Newsflash people..Walmart already had a dress code and this "new" one is just slightly changing it and adding back the blue vests. So these people already had the pants and just need to buy a few polo shirts.

A white polo shirt at Walmart costs $6.00 and with their discount comes to $5.40.
And there's "outrage" over this ????? Give up one single Big Mac meal and you have your shirt.
America is in worse condition than I thought.

Walmart Changes Up Dress Code For Employees | 5NEWSOnline.com
The old Walmart dress code simply consisted of blue t-shirts and khaki pants, but new additions to the code include black pants and white tops, as well as, blue collared shirts, officials said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies