Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 08:17 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Are you sure? After all, it could be another left wing anti-gov. type like Bill Ayers or Chris Dorner.
I cannot believe people not only think like that, but are not embarrassed to write it down and sound so irrational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 08:57 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Another Eric Rudolph.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:04 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Anyone who murders someone in cold blood is capable of anything.
There is a significant difference of the capabilities of someone like this and some street hoodlum. If I had choice between 10 gang bangers and this guy I'll take my chances with the gang bangers.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
I don't agree with the fact that PSP has put an entire area under what amounts to house arrest. Someone's wedding was disrupted because of this hunt. People weren't allowed to return home. It is an overreach of power.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:37 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
The media coverage, which is lacking for the most part about what locals maybe thinking, shows a hand full of locals who make statements in favor of the police activity. None that are critical of the police efforts. I would tend to yield to the locals in as much that they are being directly effected by police efforts.
From the perspective of an outsider looking in it appears that the police are trying to make a statement. Just what that statement is I'm not sure. Maybe an attempt to discourage similar acts. Maybe an attempt to show power and authority to do whatever they want which is supported by the local people.
They did accomplish something in that another weapon was discovered. That certainly isn't a " shocking detail " as headlines claim. They claim they are zeroing in on him. It might be over soon. For a survivalist that doesn't survive it's the ultimate failure.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:39 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The media coverage, which is lacking for the most part about what locals maybe thinking, shows a hand full of locals who make statements in favor of the police activity. None that are critical of the police efforts. I would tend to yield to the locals in as much that they are being directly effected by police efforts.
From the perspective of an outsider looking in it appears that the police are trying to make a statement. Just what that statement is I'm not sure. Maybe an attempt to discourage similar acts. Maybe an attempt to show power and authority to do whatever they want which is supported by the local people.
They did accomplish something in that another weapon was discovered. That certainly isn't a " shocking detail " as headlines claim. They claim they are zeroing in on him. It might be over soon. For a survivalist that doesn't survive it's the ultimate failure.

I am local to this shooting and know two people who live in the area. Not everyone here is looking favorably upon the police response.

They've been closing in on him for seven days.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:21 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
These are my comments.

People are shot and killed everyday in America, in other countries and in general murder in my forms is not uncommon.
Eric Frein in some reports is a "survivalist". If he killed some drug runner, everyday american there would be no MAN hunt.
No searches, or major news coverage.

Eric Frein has killed the symbol of authority, the symbol of the good guy. The Media reports what the government needs to tell you. Stay safe, call us if you see this "man" he is a terrorist he is armed and he is scary etc etc.

He will be labeled a domestic terrorist, I can assure you Eric Frein is not interested in killing Americans. He is interesting in killing the symbols of Authority.

Eric Frein is dangerous to authority and because he is dangerous to them, the GAME is on to bring the symbol back of authority over us all.

They wont find Eric for some time he is not interesting in living a long life, he is interested in living long enough to make the authority live in fear.

If Mr Frein is prepared he likely bugged out, and is living in a bunker in the woods.

Who is Eric Terrorizing "average americans" or the symbols of authority.

Sooner of later those who take the oath to defend the consitutution will have chooses. Eric is not going to be the one holding the gun to the authorities head it will authority holding the guns to their pawns in the game of control.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:32 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
I am local to this shooting and know two people who live in the area. Not everyone here is looking favorably upon the police response.

Remarkable !!! Makes one question if the media is only reporting what is favorable in support of a Police State or just not interest in local opinion that's balanced. Best of luck to you.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:40 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Do the cops really think this guy is still hanging around that area? They have been "closing in" on him since last week ... it's time for the cops to pack up the toys, stop hassling the locals and move on. Move the search elsewhere, focus on the borders (assuming he hasent already crossed into Mexico).

My guess, he was well out of that area within a few minutes of shooting the two troopers. If Frein is still in that area he is one of the dumbest people known to mankind.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

I'm hearing the same thing from my sister.

They are acting like it is a theater of war, abusing and oppressing, sovereign people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies