Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 09:23 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Are you making the argument that a few well trained individuals could get the job done where a 1000 Keystone cops have failed ?
Nope, I am stating it to be a fact that a few well trained individuals would do better than any number of ill trained individuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 09:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why would he have to be dead? I have had people walk buy me in the woods so close I could have touched them as they passed.

They wonder why the blood hounds cannot find him...

I have had coyotes and beagles, not know I could reachout and slap them silly.
SCENTLOK... It works.

The fail safe dogs they are relying upon to sniff this guy out, are no match for Scentlok silver and carbon charcoal hunting clothes.

These yahoos are destroying the deer hunting this year in Pike County.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Why would he have to be dead? I have had people walk buy me in the woods so close I could have touched them as they passed. Heck one does not even have to be hiding, a few years back me and the wife were hiking in MO, and some other hikers started come down the trail towards us, I told my wife to step back a few feet off the trail and do not move, simply stand there, she was amazed that the people, for adults, walk right past us and never even saw us standing there, we wear not wearing any camo simply jeans and short sleeve t-shirts. Think about if someone really knows their way around in the woods and knows how to camouflage themselves (every turkey hunter in the country knows how to do it, not to mention ex military) they would be very hard to find. Then add in, if they truly are good, a few surprises for those tracking them and it becomes a nightmare for those doing the hunting. Never forget if one person is hurt it takes at least two more people to carry them out, that is three people out of the action simply because you did something so small as to damage one persons foot enough that they cannot walk on their own. They are going to have a hard time catching this guy unless he makes a stupid mistake and the odds are he will not be taken without a serious fight, let those trained and experienced at this game do the hunting and they will run him to ground sooner or later and maybe save a few lives in the process.
Dang it, I really need to proof read my post before hitting Submit, please ignore the typos, I was in a rush, you can still figure it out.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Nope, I am stating it to be a fact that a few well trained individuals would do better than any number of ill trained individuals.

The thing is, more and more residents are telling the troopers knocking on doors and busting down doors while people are are work, "I don't fear him, I'm not his enemy. I fear you, for acting as if it is a war zone and an itchy trigger finger."

Old 09-26-2014, 09:33 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

SCENTLOK... It works.

The fail safe dogs they are relying upon to sniff this guy out, are no match for Scentlok silver and carbon charcoal hunting clothes.

It would be easier to bag that "trophy white tail" in a country western bar in Pike County. If they have one.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:

SCENTLOK... It works.

It has also been raining and the guy knows how to use the many creeks to also throw off their scent plus as you said there are other ways to make the dogs have a hard time smelling a scent, red pepper in the right places makes for a long day for the dog handlers. As I said they need to pull back and let some professionals do the hunting, better for all concerned.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
The thing is, more and more residents are telling the troopers knocking on doors and busting down doors while people are are work, "I don't fear him, I'm not his enemy. I fear you, for acting as if it is a war zone and an itchy trigger finger."
A few professionals would not be instilling the same unease with the locals and they sure as heck would not be kicking in any doors, especially since the need for that are somewhere between Zero and None.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:05 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
No one has brought up the cost of this operation. Let me just throw a few numbers out for a ballpark figure and see what we get. 1000 officers at 12 hr shifts for 10 days and lets say they average $ 20.00 p/hr. Not taking into account fuel and other factors. I'm getting $ 2,400, 000.00. I wonder what the actual cost is.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:07 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Let me guess ... they are still "closing in" on this guy? Give it up already coppers, he's leading you into an ambush.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:37 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Let me guess ... they are still "closing in" on this guy? Give it up already coppers, he's leading you into an ambush.
Yes and apparently they have had him in their sights several times. If he was "in their sight" why didn't they find a way to get him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies