Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 10:02 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times

Advertisements

Manhunt ramps up for Pennsylvania cop killer | Watch XFINITY Videos Online | News | Comcast

Several interesting points.

1)$75,000.00 reward
2)released profile (not detailed) but consistent with mine
3)displayed an attitude and made statement about justice that suggest IMO he will be shot. Not really a concern because this shooter is going to resist to the end, just puffing out the chest and knuckle dragging to invite or challenge the shooter to do it again. The more acts he commits the better the opportunity to catch him and more accurate the profile will be to assist them. Down side is more deaths in the LE community should be expected if he continues his ambush attacks.

Decent reward at this time. Even if you thought about the Robbin Hood fantasy and supported what the shooter is doing you might turn him in for the money.

Last edited by phma; 09-16-2014 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 10:10 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
My suspicion is that this is yet another right wing anti-government domestic terrorist but I will wait to see the evidence before making any conclusions.
You should have waited to voice your "suspicion," too. By not doing so, you're NOT "waiting to see the evidence." You're showing that you've actually already made up your mind, but you're leaving yourself an out in case you're wrong. That's a cheap and sleazy way of operating.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:19 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
FOrtunately there is only few of you who have a reason to fear the government.
Everyone has a reason to fear the government. Not recognizing that is indicative of a shallow thinker and someone that doesn't pay attention to history.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:08 AM

We have an idea what LE is doing but what is the shooter doing ?

He's doing whatever he can to cover his tracks and hide his mistakes. In doing so he is honing his craft. He's reliving and fantasizing about what he's done. The closest thing to a trophy that he has is the murder weapon. He's cleaning it, taking it apart, inspecting it and this enhances his fantasy. Or depending on his resources and IQ and whatever personality disorder comes into play he is disposing of it. Maybe burying it in a pre-selected location. Giving it a place of honor like a loved one he feels a deep sense of loss for. He can always come back to this site, and will.
Alert to news and information surrounding the event. He's dealing with his desire to know more and thinking how he can gain more information. At the same time he sees how he is being portrayed the coward and he knows that is not the truth. He is spending as much time alone as he can. Any interruption or intrusion into his personal space will be irritating until he is ready to make a decision and move on. He will accept the challenge and begin to plan his next attack, only when he is ready, with the event still fresh in his mind he's in no hurry. His method takes time, planning, and preparing. He'll go over and over every detail until everything is in alignment with his plan.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:32 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
The shooter is probably far less interested in the weapon used than he is in the media coverage and attention the crime is getting. He's watching the news, surfing the internet and listening to discussions about it. He is probably preparing an escape run or a showdown with the police if he thinks they are closing in.
He seemed to have acted out of anger and planned it, I doubt he has some fetish over the weapon.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
We have an idea what LE is doing but what is the shooter doing ?
The closest thing to a trophy that he has is the murder weapon. He's cleaning it, taking it apart, inspecting it and this enhances his fantasy.

If as smart as you say... More than likely ramming a bent close hanger up and down the barrel a few times while turning.
Changing the ballistic fingerprint of the weapon.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
And another example of why this is one of the vilest places on the web. Open and proud advocate of ambushing people because "Liberty!" or something. Sickening.
My My My who would have thought liberty to be so vile. Surely not those who placed a statute to it in NYC.

*Preamble to the Constitution
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Fortunately the framers of the constitution attempted to provide it to all citizens. Even the thumb sucking, bed wetters who rage against it are free to do so no matter how embarrassing. We can speak for or against all manor of things by virtue of liberty that they pledged their Sacred Honor, propriety, and lives for.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If as smart as you say... More than likely ramming a bent close hanger up and down the barrel a few times while turning.
Changing the ballistic fingerprint of the weapon.
You bring up a good point. How would that effect the accurateness of a projectile ?

Ballistics is likely some of the best evidence they have now and in the future if there are more attacks. Not likely to be released to the public.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The shooter is probably far less interested in the weapon used than he is in the media coverage and attention the crime is getting. He's watching the news, surfing the internet and listening to discussions about it. He is probably preparing an escape run or a showdown with the police if he thinks they are closing in.
He seemed to have acted out of anger and planned it, I doubt he has some fetish over the weapon.
Your points of profile are every bit as important as any I might put forward. The more people profile using what makes sense to them the better chances for discovery of the shooter. People will notice some small detail that may play a part in discovery. Everyone profiles all the time. It's part of being human.

One of the important points we don't know yet and will not know until it happens ( if it happens) is the site of the next attack. That will speak volumes about what this guy is about.

I'm going to compare what you say with what I think in an effort to make distinctions in another post soon. Please don't take offense it's only an attempt to classify my profile. No one should think i'm correct as I'm dealing with the same amount of information we all have.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:00 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
An update, the alleged shooter has been named:

State Police Identify Accused Cop Killer; Massive Manhunt Underway :: exploreClarion.com

With a photo:
http://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/st...matthew-frein/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies