Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 07:58 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Push aside political affiliations for a moment. Why do people defend her? Someone explain this to me? Time after time, she says things like this. And was it not just a few years ago, where some were lecturing everyone else about rhetoric?!

Everyone has an opinion on what is wrong in DC. And certainly, there are numerous problems with our elected officials. But one of the big ones, imo, is this kind of crap. Comparing the other side to terrorists, wife beaters, calling them racists, saying if they get more power it will be the end of the world, etc etc etc. ENOUGH!

And to those of you that complain about commenters "going after women" here. Let's be honest. Some of the worst offenders of this sort of rhetoric have been women. Palin, Pelosi, Wasserman Shultz, among others. Yes, I through Palin in there because shes had her moments as well.

One of the worst parts about this is Pelosi and Democrats in general, get away with it. They always get a pass and when they say stuff like this, it pretty much never gets the same media coverage as when a Republican would say something.

I respect your post so often, regardless of what others think, or deny, I like the truth. And you spelled it out.

In my opinion, one side is worse then the other, but gets free passes all the damn time, gets so tiring so often. But do not get me wrong, politicians all of them for the most part are so damn hypocritical, my side your side, and in the middle

Too bad one side, has their head so far up their you know, that they cannot admit truth for the life of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 08:12 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I respect your post so often, regardless of what others think, or deny, I like the truth. And you spelled it out.

In my opinion, one side is worse then the other, but gets free passes all the damn time, gets so tiring so often. But do not get me wrong, politicians all of them for the most part are so damn hypocritical, my side your side, and in the middle

Too bad one side, has their head so far up their you know, that they cannot admit truth for the life of them.
I certainly agree that one side does it more often than the other. I was only attempting to try to be balanced on the issue since its clear some people here have their heads in the sand and some are willfully ignorant.

Out of all the issues and problems in our country, I maintain that a biased and corrupt media is in the top 3. If we truly had a media that was not so largely skewed and biased to one side (liberal) and Hollywood wasnt the same, we would be in a much better place. Imagine, a news media and Hollywood that is not overwhelmingly biased, not covering up for the Left so often as they do, not distorting the truth/facts. Imagine that. A more informed public. A different Washington perhaps. Not perfect, but things would certainly be better. Pelosi, Reid, DWS would most likely not even be in power. There'd be less crony capitalism and fake Conservatives in the GOP.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:19 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Pelosi to Obama

Old 09-13-2014, 08:21 PM

720 posts, read 705,855 times
As one can plainly see, Liberalism is a known mental disorder with stages. We can clearly see Ms. Pelosi is in the final stages... Next she will be running amok across the House floor shouting and pointing at her adversaries...Oh wait.. didn't she already do this???

Old 09-13-2014, 08:26 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post

That is why she was out as house leader first mid term. She lives in a alternate world as does Obama. Now look at Obama's situation domestically and foreign policy wise.
I wonder how long Obama would have lasted as senator from IL but looking at the rest of the trash residing there I have no doubts he would be Duke or Baron by now. Governor isn't a big enough title for that megalomaniac.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:29 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
She's absolutely right on both accounts.

"I'll take 'Children Who Grew Up Eating Lead-Based Paint' for $1000, Alex."

Old 09-13-2014, 08:33 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Opin_Yunated is demonstrating one of the other contradictions in liberalism here. They simultaneously claim that conservatism is dangerous and evil while also claiming that conservatism is the past. You know, the whole "we've done things the old way too long, we need to change" and all the railing against America's history.

The problem is that America is the most powerful nation the world has ever seen. The richest, the most scientifically advanced, the one that guarantees its citizens the most freedom, the most powerful military, etc. So if conservatism is the philosophy of the past, it's also the philosophy that gave America its power.

So Opin_Yunated has been caught here in a complete contradiction. It's what happens when you follow a political ideology developed from emotion rather than from facts and logic. You're required to say that Republicans are the party of rich people today, then gloat about how the red states are the poorest states tomorrow. You're required to say that characterizing black people as welfare dependents is racist, while simultaneously opposing any reduction to welfare as being racist.
Don't even engage me about facts and logic. Facts and logic say conservatives have always been 100% wrong on everything. Conservatism is a regressive ideology. It always loses. Conservatism in itself depends on pretending all its failures in the past don't exist. Conservatives are still hoping and praying for more Bush-style Reaganomics (after 30 years of failure). Conservatives want to repeal minimum wage, voter rights, and women's rights. Conservatives always want to move back in time. America is the safest and most prosperous it has ever been, but conservatives want nastaglia. They want to go back to women in the kitchen, blacks on a plantation, latinoes in different countries, and gays back in the closet.

You can pretend America is invincible. I'll go back to history and remember that conservatives opposed every freedom I enjoy today. I'll remember that conservatives have a scapegoat for every failure.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:34 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Don't even engage me about facts and logic. Facts and logic say conservatives have always been 100% wrong on everything. Conservatism is a regressive ideology. It always loses. Conservatism in itself depends on pretending all its failures in the past don't exist. Conservatives are still hoping and praying for more Bush-style Reaganomics (after 30 years of failure). Conservatives want to repeal minimum wage, voter rights, and women's rights. Conservatives always want to move back in time. America is the safest and most prosperous it has ever been, but conservatives want nastaglia. They want to go back to women in the kitchen, blacks on a plantation, latinoes in different countries, and gays back in the closet.

You can pretend America is invincible. I'll go back to history and remember that conservatives opposed every freedom I enjoy today. I'll remember that conservatives have a scapegoat for every failure. This thread's scapegoat is Nancy Pelosi.
You really are pitiful.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You really are pitiful.

You know don't you, so many on this forum, are so full of Chit, so often. Who are they kidding, definitely not any one with smarts.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:03 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Yes, sad but it is demonstrated here on C-D everyday.

The IRS mess is a prime example where wrong is even defended though wrongful acts were even admitted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies