Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Regret Voting For Barack Obama?
Yes, I regret voting for Barack Obama 36 40.91%
No, I do not regret my vote for Barack Obama 52 59.09%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 04:06 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,984,560 times

Advertisements

Not only did I not vote for him, I tried to warn people close to me how bad of a president he'd be. Sadly he's even worse than I imagined. I take no pleasure in saying that, I'm not a member of any party, and always want our president to make smart well thought out decisions.

Ironically, after warning people about him his decisions have affected my life worse than those I warned. Cash for Clunkers wiped out the used car market in my city right before I needed to find one for less than $5000. Looked for several weeks and finally found one I thought would be ok. Turned out it had bad anti-theft device wiring that after spending over $1000 trying to get fixed, realized it wasn't fixable and sold it for less than half what I paid for it about a year later. Still without a car because of that idiotic program.

Then we get the wonderful Affordable Care Act that resulted in me going from 37.5 hours down to 28 because my company wants to avoid the $2000 fine the employer mandate will impose starting in January. My company told us at the start of 2015 they'll have to be able to prove to the government their employees will have been working under 30 hours a week for a full year. Not only did they knock our hours down, they outsourced much of the work to ensure it gets done in time, meaning I've had weeks as low as 20 per week.

Next up, and this one is a real doozy: Say hello to our soon to be 20-35 million new American citizens sometime after the election. You don't really believe the 11.5 million number do you? Boehner is actually pretty much ok with it but knows there'll be a lot of backlash against him if he brings up a bill that could get passed with Democrat and some Republican support. How long before California and other states decide they want to leave the U.S. and join Mexico? Sound farfetched? I've heard Mexicans talk for decades about wanting to flood this country "with numbers, numbers" to "take back" the southwest for Mexico. And our current president wants to give them amnesty, without calling it that though. President Bush wasn't any better on this issue, or President Clinton. It's one thing to allow some to stay who have been in this country for a long time who have children who were born here and/or have led productive lives, but to allow all of those who have flooded this country the past several years knowing they'd probably get amnesty, that's not ok with me, and I don't believe it's ok with the majority of the citizens of this country. Especially considering many of them hate Americans. If anyone doesn't believe that then they probably haven't had to deal with them much. And by the way, I'm not just saying many of the Mexicans who have come here illegally should be deported, but many of the ones who have over stayed their visas should also be shown the door. It's not fair to citizens of the communities that been flooded with illegals to have to deal with all the negative aspects.

Quite frankly, after Barack referred to his grandmother as a "typical white person" in 2008, I don't know how any decent person could vote for someone with that type of mentality. If a white candidate had made a comment calling someone a "typical black person", their campaign would have been over after an intense media storm attacking them. It was outrageous yet people still voted for him.

I'm 49 and President Obama is the worst president in my lifetime, and that's saying something.

Honestly, I'm disgusted by both parties. Unfortunately, there isn't a viable alternative at this time. Believe me, I've kept my eyes open for a long time looking, but still it's the Big 2 and a bunch of also rans I could never vote for. I can't vote Republican because it's the least worst option any longer. The fact Romney picked Paul Ryan as his VP selection in 2012 made it pretty clear what he would have wanted to do if he had been elected - attack programs that help the poor and elderly, and give tax breaks to corporations and the rich. Too bad because Mitt had good ideas on how to make China play on a more level playing field and possibly bring jobs back to this country. I admit I held my nose and voted for Romney, but I just can't vote for either of the Big 2 parties any more.

Time for a legitimate third party that will have the interests of all Americans on it's agenda. It would never win I'm sure because the things it would need to stand for would hurt the left and the right a little, and they all prefer being the base of parties that serve them at the expense of the rest of us. Pffft. Something's going to wake people up someday, but it'll probably be too late. That time's almost here.

Oh, I can imagine the responses I'll get to this post. No problemo. I'll just sit back and shake my head as I read the responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 04:11 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Not only did I not vote for him, I tried to warn people close to me how bad of a president he'd be. Sadly he's even worse than I imagined. I take no pleasure in saying that, I'm not a member of any party, and always want our president to make smart well thought out decisions.

Ironically, after warning people about him his decisions have affected my life worse than those I warned. Cash for Clunkers wiped out the used car market in my city right before I needed to find one for less than $5000. Looked for several weeks and finally found one I thought would be ok. Turned out it had bad anti-theft device wiring that after spending over $1000 trying to get fixed, realized it wasn't fixable and sold it for less than half what I paid for it about a year later. Still without a car because of that idiotic program.

Ha Ha Ha Ha.....You blame Pres. Obama and Cash for Clunkers for you not having a car. Honestly, I quit reading when I got to that part.

In typical Republican fashion, you blame others for problems of your own making. Why don't Republicans ever accept responsibility for anything?

Old 09-14-2014, 09:10 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Ha Ha Ha Ha.....You blame Pres. Obama and Cash for Clunkers for you not having a car. Honestly, I quit reading when I got to that part.

In typical Republican fashion, you blame others for problems of your own making. Why don't Republicans ever accept responsibility for anything?

Why doesn't Obama and his sheep?

Old 09-14-2014, 09:17 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,707,707 times
I didn't vote for Obama, but I have to give him credit: he screwed up everything he promised he would.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I didn't vote for Obama, but I have to give him credit: he screwed up everything he promised he would.

Now that is quite hilarious, thanks for making me laugh tonight. That is a first. I did not believe in Obama and his no Hope nor his good Change then, nor do I believe him at all in this moment.

I like people who have great integrity, and are honest no matter the consequences, this is not Obama..

I respect people who accept responsibility for their own screw ups in judgement, and do not blame anyone else for their wrong doings, that is a turn off for me immediately. Will not respect you.

Do not like wishy washy indecisive people period. I like strong asserted people, who are not arrogant and pompas.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:33 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Please refer to post #47.

Thank you.

Which I recall was an O cult member deriding others' "lockstep" behavior and so-called groupthink.
The irony is beyond hilarious.
NO thanks!

Old 09-14-2014, 10:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
obama-hope and change

the people-we hope that we have enough change left to get things going again after obama leaves office.

Old 09-14-2014, 10:22 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Why doesn't Obama and his sheep?
Why do you call those who voted for obama...sheep. I see this all the time here and just don't understand it. Most vote party lines. Have you ever voted for a democrat? If you haven't then I guess you can be called a sheep too. Besides, independents are the ones who decide the presidency.

Old 09-14-2014, 10:38 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami3 View Post
At least you are honest about your vote however people like you probably vote for American Idol as well. Wishy washy!
I don't vote at all.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:20 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
I don't regret voting for Obama. He has broken promises, failed to control the message, and failed to get congress on his side. He has done some stupid things. But a McCain presidency or a Romney presidency would have been worse. Basically this has been a presidency without accomplishment. It has been a presidency of blocking some of the more insane ideas of the Republican party. I wish it had been more than that, but that's what it has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies