Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 10:38 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No, I encourage a drug-free society.
So you want whatever RX drugs banned that make you feel good, such as like pain pills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 10:41 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So you want RX drugs banned that make you feel good, like pain pills?
Fair question.

Don't expect an answer.

Last edited by jburress; 09-14-2014 at 11:04 PM..

Old 09-15-2014, 01:54 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I have no problem at all with legalization, don't think it ever should have been criminalized to begin with.

I do think it's odd though that there are libs that support the government being all in your business but change their tune when it comes to their pot.
Don't worry. They've now totally whored themselves out to the government with their pot too.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:05 AM

301 posts, read 295,559 times
Legalization is not the problem.

In Japan, there are Beer machines right next to the soda machines. Yet there isn't an underage alcohol problem there. There are several other countries like it as well.

By making such a big deal about it we have done nothing except spend an outrageous amount of money unsuccessfully trying to stop it just like prohibition.

If people want to let them.

BTW, I have never smoked it, nor do I have any inclination of trying it.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, they don't advertize it on TV in Colorado. I don't even see any ads in the paper for it, and I don't notice people sitting in bathrooms to smoke. Why should they when they can smoke on their couch in the privacy and comfort of their own home? The people who sneak off to the bathroom are doing some other drug besides pot. Plus, don't know about Washington, but in Colorado smoking pot is like smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol. You cannot smoke tobacco in public places and you can't have an open container of alcohol - and this goes for both indoors and outdoors.

Your cousins sound like tweakers to me. And your sister trying it once and getting sick is a big problem? I get tired of the hysteria behind this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You can smoke tobacco in public places in Colorado.

I was fix'n to say....

I must have been a criminal, while in Colorado last year.

I saw all the above, down at the 16th street market, in Denver.
Everyone seemed to get along.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
The Pharmaceutical industry is fighting legalization all the way. It will cut into their profits as people find out marijuana will help with many ailments. Marijuana in the oil form will cure many diseases. Follow the money and you will find peoples motives.

I despise the drug makers because they don't care about your health as much as you think they do.

Sadly, Big Pharma doesn't care about you or I. It pays to keep people sick, and all jacked up on their garbage. So tell me, who are the REAL drug dealers?

Old 09-15-2014, 06:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Too much freedom leads to anarchy.

Too many bad laws leads and a populace that blindly accepts them without question leads to tyranny.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:05 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistAstroGuy View Post
Legalization is not the problem.

In Japan, there are Beer machines right next to the soda machines. Yet there isn't an underage alcohol problem there. There are several other countries like it as well.

By making such a big deal about it we have done nothing except spend an outrageous amount of money unsuccessfully trying to stop it just like prohibition.

If people want to let them.

BTW, I have never smoked it, nor do I have any inclination of trying it.
Great points.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:04 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
We're at a record low number of tobacco users, and alcohol consumption holds fairly steady. Your argument falls flat.
Then why are tobacco and alcohol tax revenues increasing? The percentage of the population that smokes and drinks may be smaller than before, but the number of people smoking and drinking has never been higher.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:11 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,169,415 times
Wow, another thread where the OP post flame bait, and is never seen again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies