Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 10:21 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,583 times

Advertisements

Doesn't matter if its the right thing. What matters is freedom.

Soft drinks isn't the right thing. Destroys lives. Alcohol destroys lives. Cars kill 40k US citizens every year.

It's all about freedom so long as you aren't harming others or their property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 10:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Legalizing weed is just the beginning.... soon hard core drugs will be main stream... the left will rationalize it too with their morally corrupt thinking.
What's the matter? Do you fear you're not strong enough to keep from being a cocaine and heroin addict should both be legalized?

Old 09-16-2014, 10:41 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have not smoked any mezgin shwag in years.

It has been locally grown, one hit wonder pot, that makes the neighbors think a skunk is in the hood.
There is a good reason it is called "Matanuska Thunderf_ck" here. Local growers take great pride in the THC content and the quality of their plants.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:43 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Legalizing weed is just the beginning.... soon hard core drugs will be main stream... the left will rationalize it too with their morally corrupt thinking.
Wow. Another "small government conservative" who is against freedom and personal responsibility.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:46 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And how is imprisoning drug addicts protecting them when prisoners say it's easier to find drugs in prison than soap.
The whole mentality about drugs being a criminal issue needs to change. Drug addiction should be treated as a medical issue, not a criminal one.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:50 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Freedom to make your own choices is always a good thing. Anyway sounds like your cousins were already pot heads before legalization and your mother made her own choice too. You know at weddings there is typically a place to sit and drink booze and get drunk?
What else would you like banned today mr. John q public?

Freedom to make one's own choices is indeed a good thing but only when those making the choices are held accountable for the choices they make.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:42 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
Edibles are completely different, and I don't understand AT ALL why they're so popular. I wouldn't dream of eating any kind of pot-infused food, and I've been smoking for a very, very long time. I did that once back when I was a teenager, and it was a horrible experience. It was like the effects from a regular smoking session multiplied by a hundred, and it lasted all day, all night, and into the next day. It was no fun at all, and as a seasoned pot smoker I could see how someone who's inexperienced could think they've gone insane, and become so delusional that they might do something stupid. I've never done any other drugs in my life (and never plan to), however I have heard people say that some of the marijuana edibles are more intense and mind altering than LSD.

You're not going to get any arguments from me regarding edibles, however you've got to understand that smoking / vaporizing is completely different. Three or four hits from a bowl or a one-hitter isn't gonna make a person "swan dive" from a balcony or think they're descending into hell. As far as any detrimental health effects from the actual smoke itself (lung damage), even a heavy pot smoker isn't inhaling nearly as much smoke in the course of a day as a person who smokes a half a pack of cigarettes daily.
All cannabis is not the same. It can be laced with things also, sounds like it was. There are many different cannabinoids, as well. Yes there is a difference in ingestion of various components and smoking. There is much evidence showing benefits for illness, however.

Dr Sanjay Gupta - Marijuana and Charlotte's Web - YouTube

Old 09-17-2014, 04:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No, again you're wrong. Marijuana has been legal there since the 70s.

Heroin was virtually legal as of 2004. Thats when the crime families came in. Damn, do some research man.
I never argued pot was decriminalized recently. The crime families came in way before 2004, between 1988 and 1995 to be exact (which is when the study was done). Read with comprehension, and for crying out loud, do some research man Use the search function.

"Holland has decriminalized drugs and tried harm reduction. Since the softening of drug policy there, shootings have increased 40%, robberies 62%, and car thefts 62%. This experiment which was meant to decrease organized crime has resulted in an increase in organized crime families from 3 in 1988 to 93 today.
The number of registered marijuana addicts has risen 30% and the number of other addicts has risen 22%. "

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-17-2014 at 05:00 AM..

Old 09-17-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
now I really know what kind of lunatic you^^^ are. you actually condone beating people with up to 500 lashes for none violent bs crimes like drug and alcohol use.. you are a sick individual to bring up such a brutal country as a solution..
Where did I sat I condone whipping people

Sober up!!!

Old 09-17-2014, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
As I pointed out earlier, Finn has a personal dislike against marijuana. Not sure why, it could be monetary, or emotional.

Consistently, he uses conjecture and misinformation to prove his side. Marijuana has been legal in Holland since the late 70s, early 80s. Ask any airman who served at ramstein afb about the red light districts and the coffee houses in Amsterdam in the 80s.

In 2004, Holland virtually legalized heroin. After that, crime families have grown. It has nothing to do with marijuana, not one damned thing.
It is not my fault you do not comprehend what you read, and do not do any research of you own. The study I referred was talking about the crime families in 1995. How do you figure something that happened in 2004 would have anything to do with it? Please explain. Who told you the number of crime families increased after 2004? Stop making stuff up!!!

The number of crime families increased from 3 to 93 between 1988 and 1995.

"Since the softening of drug policy there, shootings have increased 40%, robberies 62%, and car thefts 62%. This experiment which was meant to decrease organized crime has resulted in an increase in organized crime families from 3 in 1988 to 93 today.
The number of registered marijuana addicts has risen 30% and the number of other addicts has risen 22%. "
HON. GERALD B.H. SOLOMON OF NEW YORK
in the House of Representatives
Thursday, March 2, 1995
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies