Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 10:59 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,894,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
^^^^^
How nice finn you support a tyrant, who would even deny it for those who use it for medicinal purposes as a safer alternative! Color me suprised!

I suppose you would support the following story as well (and you can GOOGLE it because I'm not doing your job for you).... I saw this on our local news in the morning a week or so ago. An Iowa man with terminal cancer was facing life in prison for growing 71 cannabis plants. He was using the plants to extract the oil which is said to help with cancer. His son and wife were also facing prison time too for their involvement. Prior to the sentencing he was NOT allowed to reference his illness and use it as his defense. At any rate at his sentencing he told the judge why he was growing the plants, and said had he not done so to utilize the plants for the oil, he would have been dead already. The judge, instead gave he, his wife, and son probation, instead of prison sentences. He is appealing, and now due to his state's ridiculous law is being forced to looking at relocating to Oregon to obtain it legally! While I commend the judge for being lenient, and only slapping him with probation, I still find it ludicrous that it came to this guy potentially spending the rest of his life dying from a terminal illness because of our GOD DAMNED CANNABIS LAWS!!!!
Along with the article they should have told us, the new healthcare plans will not cover most illness no matter how much money a person has. An American gets sick you better hope it's only a million dollars to treat you, otherwise they drop the person. One can never treat themselves if an illness in involved, unless the government says they can. Bet if he wanted an anti-depressant he would have had more than enough.

Plans are on the books for pot shops to redistribute the pot to give to the poor. Who for the most part are just potheads and not poor. Wanting others to pay for their habit.

Berkeley To Force Marijuana Dispensaries To Provide Free Weed For Low-Income Patients « CBS San Francisco

“Basically, the city council wants to make sure that low-income, homeless, indigent folks have access to their medical marijuana, their medicine,” said Berkeley City Councilmember Darryl Moore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 11:09 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,700,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I already explained it. It attracts organized crime, who bring all kinds of crime with them: hard drugs, extortion, human trafficking, theft, burglaries, murder, robberies etc. This is what happened in Holland.

big pharma is the one creating heroin and other hard drug addicts!!! not pot.. and even you admitted it in another thread a few weeks ago that heroin use is up because of big pharma opiate pills..

The Heroin Epidemic: Suburban users migrate from prescription pain pills | cleveland.com

Opiate-based prescriptions declared an epidemic by the CDC - NaturalNews.com

The Heroin Epidemic: Death toll from drug continues to soar in Cuyahoga County | cleveland.com

Old 09-17-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You still have not managed to provide a single shred of evidence that your contention is correct, even though we spent an entire thread on the subject not more than a couple of months ago. So, rather than asking for proof which you are either unable or unwilling to provide, I'll ask a couple of questions that will help clarify a few things:

If crime is so bad in Holland and decriminalization of marijuana is such a terrible thing, why is it that:

1. Marijuana use in Holland is 25.7% while in the USA it is 41.5%?
2. Heroin use in Holland is 1/3 of what it is in the USA?
3. Prison population per capita in Holland (you know, prisons, the place where they send the criminals) is about 11% of what the United States has?

It seems that if marijuana decriminalization (which, again, is not what is being pursued in the United States) were so bad, their prisons would be overflowing with offenders, the country would be full of potheads, and since marijuana is supposedly a gateway drug there'd be a whole lot more heroin users wandering around.

Netherlands Compared With The United States | Drug War Facts

that will skip right over his her head.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,949,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
big pharma is the one creating heroin and other hard drug addicts!!! not pot.. and even you admitted it in another thread a few weeks ago that heroin use is up because of big pharma opiate pills..

The Heroin Epidemic: Suburban users migrate from prescription pain pills | cleveland.com

Opiate-based prescriptions declared an epidemic by the CDC - NaturalNews.com

The Heroin Epidemic: Death toll from drug continues to soar in Cuyahoga County | cleveland.com

I see a couple of those articles that you posted are from my area. Heroin and opiate abuse is becoming a huge problem here. Pot has always been popular here, and quite accepted in social gatherings and probably always will be whether it's legalized or not. We have nowhere near the issues with pot that heroin and opiates or meth for that matter are causing. No stoners are eating people's faces off, taking flying leaps off balconies, and more importantly are NOT dying from overdoses! Furthermore, most stoners around here have no interest in other drugs, other than alcohol, or cigarettes, which tend to go hand in hand with a little bud anyway.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I see a couple of those articles that you posted are from my area. Heroin and opiate abuse is becoming a huge problem here. Pot has always been popular here, and quite accepted in social gatherings and probably always will be whether it's legalized or not. We have nowhere near the issues with pot that heroin and opiates or meth for that matter are causing. No stoners are eating people's faces off, taking flying leaps off balconies, and more importantly are NOT dying from overdoses! Furthermore, most stoners around here have no interest in other drugs, other than alcohol, or cigarettes, which tend to go hand in hand with a little bud anyway.

just saw this on the msn..

Stopping America's hidden overdose crisis

not one documented overdose with pot and yet nobody ever gets up in arms about the real gate way killers.. 17 thousand pain pill over dose deaths in 2011 alone

people worry about the ant hill "pot" when the "opiate pill" mountain is about to come down crashing down.. priorities are so screwed its scary...

Old 09-17-2014, 11:49 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
^^^^^
How nice finn you support a tyrant, who would even deny it for those who use it for medicinal purposes as a safer alternative! Color me suprised!
I prefer to live in a society where crime is kept to a minimum. The Constitution mandates the government to maintain domestic tranquility, and I support candidates who promise to honor that mandate. You say people should be free to do as they wish, but if the price for the freedom for few equates to the loss of freedom for many, then I cannot support it.

Criminals see laws and laws enforcement as tyranny, so I see where you're coming from, but I don't see it that way.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I prefer to live in a society where crime is kept to a minimum. The Constitution mandates the government to maintain domestic tranquility, and I support candidates who promise to honor that mandate. You say people should be free to do as they wish, but if the price for the freedom for few equates to the loss of freedom for many, then I cannot support it.

Criminals see laws and laws enforcement as tyranny, so I see where you're coming from, but I don't see it that way.

wouldn't vote for that moron for dog catcher..

Old 09-17-2014, 11:56 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
that will skip right over his her head.
Actually I have addressed that multiple times, but apparently it skipped right over your heads.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:58 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,386,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Did you even read the crime rate stats in that link? Holland is far safer, with less crime, with less money spent on crime, then we have in these United States.
You should know by now that Finn_Jarber does not allow reality to get in the way of a good rant. He just randomly makes stuff up whenever it suits him. It does not matter how often you prove him wrong, he lives in his own little fantasy world.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Actually I have addressed that multiple times, but apparently it skipped right over your heads.
maybe you should refresh us with your lies..

keep spewing the bs propaganda.. you are losing!!! cant wait till the day they legalize weed in Florida its just a matter of time, only a few years away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies