Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 03:05 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The National Conversation is Whatt

Exactly.

Exactly Whatt

The National Conversation

Third Base
Sorry about my keyboard, dad. It seemingly always sticks on the letter "t". I promise to watch closer in the future.

Back to the national conversation...it's meaning has changed during this century to mean whatever is tweaking the weak minds of progressives/liberals. It points to what fits their agenda and not that of the nation. If something is bad to them they are speaking about it and it is then the "national conversation" as if every man, woman and child really gives a shoot. I instantly tune out when I hear the term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 04:52 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,965,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
While watching the news this morning - Sunday morning news journalism shows - the Ray Rice case was mentioned and sure enough the female news reporter started on about how what he did is now "the national conversation". Gun control and bullying are part of "the national conversation" as are dozens of other topics I don't follow closely as they aren't part of my conversation.

Why is it any time something happens which somehow sets people back it becomes part of "the national conversation"?
What is "the national conversation" and why has it only been in existence since 2009? Is it a purely liberal thing only possible through the election of Obama? Maybe it has been around for ages, I have never paid attention to "the national conversation".
There is no such thing as "national conversation". Period.

Old 09-14-2014, 04:56 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
There is no such thing as "national conversation". Period.
So Ronald Reagan was wrong?

Old 09-14-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
???

What does Reagan have to do with this?

How hard is it to understand a simple statement? There is no such thing as a "national conversation".

Period.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:00 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
The "national discussion" is a discordant cacophony between liberals who aren't liberal and conservatives who aren't conservative about how each respectively want to limit the freedoms of the others all while living in a police state. Hilarious.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
The "national discussion" is a discordant cacophony between liberals who aren't liberal and conservatives who aren't conservative about how each respectively want to limit the freedoms of the others all while living in a police state. Hilarious.
Not even that.

A conversation involves the communication of meaning and ideas between people, in a rational and productive way.

You can't do this with 300 million other people.

In reality, the people who use that phrase today are just talking about what liberal people on TV and other media are saying - as if they are the definitive voice for all.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:15 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
???

What does Reagan have to do with this?

How hard is it to understand a simple statement? There is no such thing as a "national conversation".

Period.
In response to the OP asking if the concept of a "national conversation" was an invention by liberals or Obama I posted a 1980 quote from Ronald Reagan where he talked about a "national conversation" he was part of/having with us. Ronald Reagan clearly believed in national conversations, I was asking if Ronny was wrong.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:23 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
Meaningless buzz words, many times meant to help in the brainwashing process.........multicultural diversity, great recession, a discussion on race, wonderful melting pot, persons of color, don't ever hit a woman........this brainwashing has
been going on for a LONG time.

This newer buzz word, "national conversation"....there is usually a strong agenda tied to this "conversation"...........so this "conversation" is usually one side telling the other what they should believe.

DON'T EVER HIT A WOMAN..........even if your health, safety and well being is at risk.........more buzz words for the national CONVERSATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2014, 05:57 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Whats on second,who's on first

Old 09-14-2014, 06:02 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Yea, Reagan was wrong. So what, does that make you happy ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies