Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 10:00 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
What is your opinion on what happened to the screened documents
I have no idea. I will await any further developments. I do know that the screening did not prevent the ARB from determining that the State Department failed to provide adequate security for the mission in Benghazi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 03:23 PM

57,226 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The "whistle blower" is Raymond Maxwell, one of the four SD supervisors held singled out for negligence by the ARB's review of the Benghazi incident. Matthews was in charge of North Africa, and was directly responsible for security staffing at the compound. After his suspension,maxwell was forced to retire (with full pension), but feels he's being "scapegoated".

So, he has an ax to grind.

Maxwell's story, of popping up uninvited at a top secret document shredding in the basement of the SD... Well, let's just say, it's a little far-fetched.
I have to wonder why he waited almost 2 years, how did the investigating committee, still deserving of investigation but he does sound rather odd. He wrote some poems on Benghazi, very strange fellow. Maybe he could shed some facts on Benghazi that we haven't heard already, it would be more meaningful.

Anyway there is yet another hearing tomorrow, #8?

Link to already answered questions below.

Benghazi Attacks Asked and Answered Database | SCBD

Old 09-16-2014, 03:31 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Just pikers when compared to Fawn Hall.

“There are times when you have to go above the written law.” -- Fawn Hall on shredding and altering documents.
Who was caught. And the person that she was "working" for was punished. As they should have been. Neither of them were president or presidential candidates, however.

Think anything will come of this? Not with this corrupt AG at the helm.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Who was caught. And the person that she was "working" for was punished. As they should have been. Neither of them were president or presidential candidates, however.

Think anything will come of this? Not with this corrupt AG at the helm.
Come of what? At this point there is no indication that a crime was committed.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:32 PM

27,117 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I was first trying to remember the review board of the criminal enterprise that left more than 200 dead in a Marine barracks in 1983 and can't seem to find anything, funny how only some death mater to some, eh?

I well recall the Gulf of Tonkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm curious as to what lies were told after that bombing?

Was there any indication that rescue efforts might have been delayed with a stand down order?

Did the administration try to purposely mislead the public into believing it was over a movie?

Exactly.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Screening the documents did not prevent the ARB from finding that:

2) Systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels within two bureaus of the State Department (the “Department”) resulted in a Special Mission security posture that was inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack that took place.

The call at 3AM that Hillary referred to.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:10 AM

15,525 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Shades of Sandy Berger.....Slick Willy taught her well.
Sandy Burglar, I forgot all about him.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:20 PM

That Dems would consider putting up another liar with a known history of deceit and deception is so da*n sad.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
But, but... it's a "phony" scandal!
Aaah, the liberal media... keep em dumb and dependent.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:48 AM

The following are the key parts of Attkisson's report.

Did Clinton Aides Withhold Damaging Benghazi Documents?

When he arrived, Maxwell says he observed boxes and stacks of documents. He says a State Department office director, whom Maxwell described as close to Clinton’s top advisers, was there. Though the office director technically worked for him, Maxwell says he wasn’t consulted about her weekend assignment.

“She told me, ‘Ray, we are to go through these stacks and pull out anything that might put anybody in the [Near Eastern Affairs] front office or the seventh floor in a bad light,’” says Maxwell. He says “seventh floor” was State Department shorthand for then-Secretary of State Clinton and her principal advisers.
Maxwell says after Mills and Sullivan arrived, he, the office director and an intern moved into a small office where they looked through some papers. Maxwell says his stack included pre-attack telegrams and cables between the U.S. embassy in Tripoli and State Department headquarters. After a short time, Maxwell says he decided to leave.

Where is the crime? Maxwell doesn't actually know whether or not the ARB saw these documents or not.
Maxwell does not say he saw any alteration or destruction of documents. Like I wrote earlier these State Dept. employees are just pikers compared to Fawn Hall and Oliver North.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-20-2014 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies