Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 12:34 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Oh that's right, you must have heard that from Rachel Maddow on MSNBC?

So, if beheadings are part of the islam MO, where are these ideas coming from? And why do muslims seem to like to bomb innocent civilians, regardless of where the muslim is from?

Jeez, you libs are clueless.
How many innocent civilians have been caught in the crossfire in our war against terrorism by American bombs, drones, missiles, gunfire?

Muslims don't like these senseless deaths, regardless of who is the cause. Extremists don't care. People of reason, compassion, and of all faiths, do care. You are the one stating that you don't care on this thread.

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Your smart. Figure it out. I doubt I'd gain anything by trying to reason with someone who's mind is already made up.
You should have spent more time in those Occupy tents full of books.

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The OP stated that he is having a hard time because he is grouping ALL Muslims together, Muslim = bad.
What I wrote was that every religion has it's whack jobs, but islam just has a lot more and they are more dangerous.

Obviously I'm not saying all muslims are bad, I have some customers that are muslim. But, when 95% of the worlds terrorist are acting in the name of islam, don't you see a problem with that?

1,268 posts, read 798,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Most people do feel this way. If they don't, they're either lying or hate America. Liberals normally fit this description.
I absolutely love that this thread is currently setting behind a thread about the death of the owner of Chic-Fil-A. Republicans are discussing the hate liberals hold for anyone with different views. Irony at its finest!

FYI: I also support gay rights, but I nod not hate or wish death on those with differing opinions.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
There may not be millions of Christians calling for the destruction of millions of people, but there is certainly a handful of Christians calling for the destruction of millions of people. Right on this thread, let's nuke the Middle East. Because, dropping nuclear bombs on a part of the world isn't an extremist solution to the problem, right?
Do you know what sarcasm is?
Yeh, you're right. I'll go buy me a couple nukes, drive on over to the middle east and drop 'em. Clearly that's my intention.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Well put.
Just wait though, the libs will bring up the "But Christians kill people to" argument.

I'm Catholic, and if Catholics started believing that it's 'convert or die' you can damn well believe I'd be doing something about it.
It's tragic that you weren't around a few hundred years ago, then. But of course, if you had been around, and you'd done "something about it", you would have been imprisoned at the very least, and very possibly put to death by Inquisitors. Again, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, just three faces of the one religion of Abraham.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
My point is that dangerous blind hatred is a lot bigger issue on the Islamic side of the issue than any other side of the issue. When the Pope beheads someone on live TV let me know.
I don't know. I'm seeing a lot of blind hatred on this thread. And to my knowledge, none of the posters are Muslim. A few of us were raised Catholic, though.

Blind hatred should be fought WHENEVER it raises its head. Not just when you've decided it's bad. It's always bad.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
It's tragic that you weren't around a few hundred years ago, then. But of course, if you had been around, and you'd done "something about it", you would have been imprisoned at the very least, and very possibly put to death by Inquisitors. Again, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, just three faces of the one religion of Abraham.

So, because Christians did something 1000 years ago justifies muslims doing it today?

By the way, they also believed the world was flat back then.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I don't know. I'm seeing a lot of blind hatred on this thread. And to my knowledge, none of the posters are Muslim. A few of us were raised Catholic, though.

Blind hatred should be fought WHENEVER it raises its head. Not just when you've decided it's bad. It's always bad.
Blind hatred (calling people names and making strong statements on the internet) is very different from blind hatred (cutting people's heads off, stoning women who were raped and shooting people who don't 100% believe the exact same flavor of Islam that you do).

How many people in this thread are out looking for Muslims to kill? Zero. How many Muslims in this country would condone killing those who disagree with Islam? A lot.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
So, because Christians did something 1000 years ago justifies muslims doing it today?

By the way, they also believed the world was flat back then.
Sadly, that's the best explanation for the liberal standpoint on Islamic terrorism these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies