Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 07:12 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
As a Christian I agree 100%. Let those that would push our beliefs on other peoples children get a taste of what it is like if all religions are allowed into the public school systems, maybe they will learn it is a Bad idea.
"As a Christian" you apparently do not believe in "letting your light shine (if you even have it), but keep it hidden. Is that what Christ told you to do with it?
Matthew 5:14 ff
14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
This does not say that we should show our faith only through our "good deeds," so be careful in your response, if you make one.

If we are to be "salt and light" we need to share our faith openly. Also read Matthew 28, "The Great Commission."

Old 09-17-2014, 07:14 AM

Exactly! I think there was an attempt being made with this thread to rile the Christians.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:23 AM

1,553 posts, read 925,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The truth will set you free.

Take that crap down the road, Bideshi

There were/are many people who were/are a hell of lot smarter than you and me who doubted/doubt the existence of a deity.

If you're arrogant and foolish enough to think that you know the "truth", you're even more delusional than I thought...

Old 09-17-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I agree......this is why I have chosen to say, "no Bible studies at school." Wear your religious clothing and accessories, leave Bible teaching to the church they attend.

Christians have to learn we are not the only religion and the schools can not handle all of the religious division this will bring.
Why does this have to bring "divisison?" Can't people make up their own minds what they want to listen to or accept? Why must Christians be silenced because of a perceived notion that their faith brings "division?"

However, in truth, Christ said himself that he would bring division. Let it be so, but people can make up their own minds.

Are we not supposed to have Freedom of speech, and Free exercise of Religion (which would include sharing our faith with others)? It's a myth that the so-called "separation clause" prohibits this. The First Amendment was directed at Congress. Have you read it? "Congress shall make no law ... " It does not say that individuals cannot express or show their faith in public places, or distribute religious materials in schools. It says Congress cannot make a law establishing one church as the only officially recognized church (as the Church of England was).

Old 09-17-2014, 07:33 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"As a Christian" you apparently do not believe in "letting your light shine (if you even have it), but keep it hidden. Is that what Christ told you to do with it?
14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
This does not say that we should show our faith only through our "good deeds," so be careful in your response, if you make one.

If we are to be "salt and light" we need to share our faith openly. Also read Matthew 28, "The Great Commission."
I do not hide it, nor do I push it on others unless they ask and then I do share my faith, or as some call it witness, and that Is following his directive.

Just curious, is it possible for you to ever post to me without a snarky comment thrown in somewhere?

Old 09-17-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Why does this have to bring "divisison?" Can't people make up their own minds what they want to listen to or accept? Why must Christians be silenced because of a perceived notion that their faith brings "division?"

However, in truth, Christ said himself that he would bring division. Let it be so, but people can make up their own minds.

Are we not supposed to have Freedom of speech, and Free exercise of Religion (which would include sharing our faith with others)? It's a myth that the so-called "separation clause" prohibits this. The First Amendment was directed at Congress. Have you read it? "Congress shall make no law ... " It does not say that individuals cannot express or show their faith in public places, or distribute religious materials in schools. It says Congress cannot make a law establishing one church as the only officially recognized church (as the Church of England was).
No one is silencing Christians, the public school is not there for the purpose of bringing people to God, but not to worry you can do so nearly everywhere else one can think of.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:

Thanks for the reminder......lukewarm comes to mine how God will treat those who really didn't know Him.

What people don't get it's the RADICAL that wins the world.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No one is silencing Christians, the public school is not there for the purpose of bringing people to God, but not to worry you can do so nearly everywhere else one can think of.
My bet if Christians were to protest this they would be the first to thrown to the wolves by all other religions.

People seem to think the Christian is to sit and take whatever and turn the other cheek......I for one never really got this part of scripture. Turning the other cheek doesn't come easy for me, walking away maybe forgetting it happened, hardly!

Old 09-17-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
My bet if Christians were to protest this they would be the first to thrown to the wolves by all other religions.

People seem to think the Christian is to sit and take whatever and turn the other cheek......I for one never really got this part of scripture. Turning the other cheek doesn't come easy for me, walking away maybe forgetting it happened, hardly!
Is it not Christians that got the schools to open their doors to religion being allowed, on what grounds could the protest, a Double Standard perhaps? Your comments on turning the other cheek have nothing to do with the situation. No one is attacking Christians they are simply using the rules the Christians got put in place. One cannot whine about what comes out of Pandora's box when they were warned before hand what could happen if they open it.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Well, to make this easy on you Church of Satan, Christian Bible Study & Muslims praying to allah 5 times a day out on the school lawns.... see any division? We are talking about high school kids, children who come from no background in religion will be very confused.

Quote:
One thing I always loved about Christians who have been one their WHOLE life, THEY never think of those who never knew Christ to begin with. They NEVER consider non-believers or people new to the Church are not at their level of belief, just because they were told to accept Christ.

Schools have educating to do, Christ talked about the Church being the place to meet others of your faith, not school. Matter of fact, sometimes those other religions look like more fun to join. At least with your church environment you have control on what your child is learning.

Quote:
As long as you are ready to accept ALL other faiths on the school grounds.

I find children get along better when they can ask questions and this is where religious symbols come in. I for one don't feel I have to wear a Cross to be recognized as a Christian, I'm comfortable enough knowing Jesus let's this shine through.

Walking around with the Bible and only knowing a few verses adds more confusion than being able to educate anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies