Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 02:28 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,419,419 times

Advertisements

Religion should not have a place in schools - how some schools still teach the creation theory from Genesis is beyond unbelievable. If you want to be religious, you should go and do that at your local church, mosque etc.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:57 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,202,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
What wisdom of God? Is he curing cancer?
God is the only healer. Satan comes to kill.. when man and woman sins , they are opened to the destroyer. We reap what we sow.. yet the bible teaches that the sun shines on the just and unjust.. God can divinely heal man and woman.

With the fall of mankind, all of this kingdom has a curse. We experience sickness and death, but the body dies and the spirit will live when choosing to follow Jesus into the kingdom of God. To be born of the spirit is to have eternal life.

All good things come from God.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:07 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,202,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Has zero to do with the topic of the thread. Thanks for participating
I was making the point that the bible is full of satan and his position in each person's life already. Bringing in the church of satan is nothing new here. Satan is in the world and has been from the beginning. Those without God are already opened to the wiles of satan. One doesn't need an activity book to know satan. Satan is alive and works overtime in many people. This world is corrupt and this system of things has the anti-Christ in it working against Creation and the people in it.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:12 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,484,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God is the only healer. Satan comes to kill.. when man and woman sins , they are opened to the destroyer. We reap what we sow.. yet the bible teaches that the sun shines on the just and unjust.. God can divinely heal man and woman.

With the fall of mankind, all of this kingdom has a curse. We experience sickness and death, but the body dies and the spirit will live when choosing to follow Jesus into the kingdom of God. To be born of the spirit is to have eternal life.

All good things come from God.
Off topic. The topic is allowing about allowing religious groups, including Satanists, to hand out materials in class rooms. What is your opinion on that?

Old 09-17-2014, 04:17 PM

720 posts, read 706,897 times
Right wing Fundamentalist and Left wing Liberals, Both a scourge on society.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:46 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,484,504 times
Quote:
Literature about satan is nothing.Satan does much more than hand out literature..My opinion is of no value here.. The freedom of choice was given by God. Man will hand out satanic material and Godly material. We have that freedom here and God above our government has given us the power to choose with our intellect what material we will choose.
Man, this is almost as hard as deciding which football team to give my undying support.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:02 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,782,621 times
Quote:
I answered on post 123 that it is not off topic.

Literature about satan is nothing.Satan does much more than hand out literature..My opinion is of no value here.. The freedom of choice was given by God. Man will hand out satanic material and Godly material. We have that freedom here and God above our government has given us the power to choose with our intellect what material we will choose.

It is the people who follow satan unknowing that they are satan followers. the bible shows who satan is... many do not know about the presence of evil in the world.. it is there , just like the air we breath.. we can't see it but it is there. Though wisdom we have learned what air is.. and so we who walk in the spirit can discern the spirits that are in the world though wisdom of discernment.
Scratching my head. My guess is that you are opposed to satanists distributing materials to public school kids, but I'm actually not totally sure. In light of both the 1st amendment and judicial rulings, how do you think that satanists can be barred from distributing such materials? Is it just satanists who should be barred? Is there a list of "allowable" religious materials somewhere, and who is in charge of maintaining it?

Old 09-17-2014, 05:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
God has his own will and his own plan. God knows all , even your questions you posted. You have chosen your beliefs for your own reasons.. you want to be higher than God and even question the why? God knows from beginning to end. This world will continue to corrupt and satan will eventually be destroyed as well.
Well if it's more corrupt, why not destroy it now?

Old 09-17-2014, 06:17 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,295,886 times
Let's kick god out of schools and hitch rides into outer space with the godless commies in 50 years.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:20 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,933,779 times
Even though I am a very serious Christian, I will agree with the OP on their basic premise. Years ago there was more push from Christians to allow prayer in public schools. I was totally against it and still am. Who then controls who is prayed to and what is said in the prayer. We have far to diverse a population to allow any religious influences in the public school anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies