Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
You do know that you have very little credibility in the forum.
I believe I have a great deal of credibility in this forum based on Conversations I have had a with a few of the conservative posters on this forum.

Quote:
It took me 1 min to google the Obama speech about transforming America.

Obama: We Are 5 Days From Fundamentally Transforming America - YouTube
I never said he didnt say it, I said the person I was responding to had never read it or heard it.

I guess, it is my fault for not being more clear, so let me not make that mistake again as you posting a 10 second link only furthers my point.

Neither you or the person I was responding to has ever read or heard that comment within its context, And in not doing so, you have tried your best to make that comment mean what ever you wanted it to, its the same with the " You didnt build that", " what difference does it make", and " cling to their guns" comments.

Every single one of those comments,within their context mean something completely different than what conservatives pretend they mean.

This is what President Obama actually said in context.

Quote:
Now, Mizzou, I just have two words for you tonight: five days. Five days. After decades of broken politics in Washington, and eight years of failed policies from George W. Bush, and 21 months of a campaign that's taken us from the rocky coast of Maine to the sunshine of California, we are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.

"In five days, you can turn the page on policies that put greed and irresponsibility on Wall Street before the hard work and sacrifice of folks on Main Street. In five days, you can choose policies that invest in our middle class, and create new jobs, and grow this economy, so that everyone has a chance to succeed, not just the CEO, but the secretary and janitor, not just the factory owner, but the men and women on the factory floor."
Now do you understand my point ?????

Old 09-16-2014, 06:58 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I never said he didnt say it, I said the person I was responding to had never read it or heard it.

I guess, it is my fault for not being more clear, so let me not make that mistake again as you posting a 10 second link only furthers my point.
Point well taken my apologies for insinuating you thought Obama never said it. I have heard the context of that speech and always considered it empty rhetoric for the dumb down masses. I posted the vid because it was the first one that popped up.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:05 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
So...given that it's the GOP that thinks that workers shouldn't be paid, as they've repeatedly expressed, why should we blame Obama for this?

Old 09-16-2014, 12:28 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Stop and think about this for a minute. There are "925 Yankee Stadiums" in America, filled to the max with people waiting to be given food and that American's are paying to feed every single month.

Is that not disgusting?

If these 46M people were in stadiums lined up in a row, instead of scattered across neighborhoods all across America, would that not be a stark reminder of the handout being bestowed at taxpayer expense?

Out of sight out of mind....just like liberals want it to be. But if it were out there in plain sight for all to see, liberals would run far, far away from that imagery.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Stop and think about this for a minute. There are "925 Yankee Stadiums" in America, filled to the max with people waiting to be given food and that American's are paying to feed every single month.

Is that not disgusting?

If these 46M people were in stadiums lined up in a row, instead of scattered across neighborhoods all across America, would that not be a stark reminder of the handout being bestowed at taxpayer expense?

Out of sight out of mind....just like liberals want it to be. But if it were out there in plain sight for all to see, liberals would run far, far away from that imagery.
Representing about 2.1% of our government expenditures. Seriously thats how much food stamps cost us.

And feeding people is disgusting to you? Nice!

Old 09-16-2014, 01:39 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Is that not disgusting?

It would be a stark reminder of the amount of hunger there is in this, the richest nation on earth. It should make us all ashamed that so many people in this country, more than 17 million of them children, go to bed hungry every night in the United States.

There are those who definitely are closing their eyes to this tragedy in the U.S., but it's not the liberals.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:45 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Funny, because you are wrong on both accounts.
Gas when Bush left office: $1.78

CNN touting the "lowest gas prices in years" for August 1, 2014 $3.51

Not quite double, but pretty darned close.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:47 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
So...given that it's the GOP that thinks that workers shouldn't be paid, as they've repeatedly expressed, why should we blame Obama for this?
Seriously? Show me one instance where any conservatives think a worker shouldn't be paid, let alone "repeatedly".

Do liberals really believe this garbage?

Old 09-16-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Representing about 2.1% of our government expenditures. Seriously thats how much food stamps cost us.

And feeding people is disgusting to you? Nice!
Yes, it is, considering the amount of fraud, waste, and abuse that is involved. Cradle to grave is not a system I can support without adequate checks and balances. You shouldn't either.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It would be a stark reminder of the amount of hunger there is in this, the richest nation on earth. It should make us all ashamed that so many people in this country, more than 17 million of them children, go to bed hungry every night in the United States.

There are those who definitely are closing their eyes to this tragedy in the U.S., but it's not the liberals.
It is a tragedy, but food stamps aren't the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies