Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 07:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

Thanks for watching that border!

Us fellers on the border got this thang under control.

All y'all in your yankee cities can rest easy now, ya hear?

Old 09-16-2014, 07:58 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We have the welcome wagon at the border instead.
We meet and greet the illegals, chauffeur them to the nearest center, give them full medical treatment and then purchase a plane/bus ticket to whatever US city they want to go to.

Yes..some "tough" border control we have.
It's grand isn't it..welcome to the land of the free.. should be named the land of you can have it for free as long as your an illegal. It really is a slap in the face for those that truely to come here from abroad and want to be a US citizen legally. Oh , and we still have a Marine in one of their prisons that our administration seems to ignore.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:01 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Yet the Obama cults will circle the wagon for the dear leader right up to the end!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/16/us...xico.html?_r=0
You do understand that rather than being a statement of fact, the first paragraph of the story is a recitation of the alarmist fictions that right-wingers such as yourself are peddling, don't you?

Old 09-16-2014, 08:04 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
From your link:

“There is no credible intelligence to suggest that there is an active plot by ISIL to attempt to cross the southern border,” Homeland Security officials said in a written statement

I can step out on the front porch and see the border from here. Watch for my eyewitness account of ISIS terrorist activity.

Oh, BTW...

That week-old panic alert from Judicial Watch? It's been discredited.

Carry on.

I understand some people like you need to have an Isil attack from terrorists that crossed our southern border to prove it can happen . The same people will ask what could we have done to stop it

Old 09-16-2014, 08:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Strange in several threads righties claim ISIS is no threat and the entire thing is overblown and a myth and on another they claim ISIS is going to cross our border any second now. Something does not add up, maybe I need to use righthand logic and then it will all become clear or is that it becomes fuzzy along with the logic.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Meanwhile the Mexican cartels freely go back and forth peddling they goods.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:18 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I understand some people like you need to have an Isil attack from terrorists that crossed our southern border to prove it can happen . The same people will ask what could we have done to stop it
People are looking for some evidence they even desire to, or are crossing, as that's how making claims work.

It's how claims are proven to be true and not flights of paranoid fantasy from a deranged mind.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:21 AM

671 posts, read 690,104 times
Default Disregarding the article, we ARE at risk!

Oh for heaven's sake...you posters give credibility to what HS tells us sheeple?
Just like their with-holding information about the "children" coming across the border in droves?

I'd be more inclined to believe what Shawn Moran of the BP says. Or the ranchers down in bordering counties (several friends of mine, btw). Or take a look at the BP stats of "OTMs", including those from Pakistan, Syria, and Afghanistan. Or, how about the muslim artifacts littering the pathways across the Rio Grande (including the Koran, prayer rugs, and the like). Terrorists are already here.

Or, what about the threat level and announcements made by Great Britain? Or, how about the 19-year-old kid who was shot in NJ by a muslim extremist, in retribution for the US bombing ISIS?

Or, (gasp!) just use logic...let's see. Our dear mr. "o" has announced he will (uh, "now!") eradicate Isis...don't you think that ISIS, faced with such a declaration, would want to begin to strike back at us? On our homeland???

Actually, I don't believe anything of what is reported by this admin anymore, or its branches, or departments...you can find "articles" and opinion pieces on both sides. Big deal.

I'll just go by logic and try to source out neutral "news" and fact - and the bottom line here, is, that any way you look at this, we ARE in danger.

Also, take a look at the charters and goals of each faction of the various Islamic groups out there. When you distill everything down, their ultimate goal is a world-wide Caliphate, based on sharia law. By virtue of that alone, we ARE at risk!

The very first thing the admin. should have done, was to close the borders. Years ago. End of story.

Dandiday

Old 09-16-2014, 08:22 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
People are looking for some evidence they even desire to, or are crossing, as that's how making claims work.

It's how claims are proven to be true and not flights of paranoid fantasy from a deranged mind.
Yes you look for an attacK on America instead of defending America from the possibility . You look for proof through an attack rather than looking at the possibility and defend. From a possible attack . Very pre 911 of you

Old 09-16-2014, 08:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post

People like me, who live on the border, aren't sweating it. We're content to let the scaredy cats do our worrying for us.

ISIS don't cause me no concerns.

Carry on.

YMMV

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies