Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 12:09 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times

Advertisements

To quote a former president: "There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by another Benghazi hearing. Unless it overlaps with our regularly-scheduled congressional recess."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 07:30 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It's not just "pubs" in congress claiming this, but members of the media and journalists as you surely know if you've been paying any attention, but dismiss in your unfailing devotion to this administration. When the injustice and corruption extends to the DOJ and IRS, and the same party in congress is complicit or even helps facilitate it, of course the minority will run into stonewalls.
My devotion is to the reality of the situation, not hyperpartisan sensationalism and mud-slinging. And the reality is that in two years of "investigating" nothing has turned up. Those making apologies for the incompetent accusers fall back on the "stonewalling" excuse.

Laughable.

Quote:
Familiar with attorneys? There are lots of them in our government. Anyone who is familiar with the practice will understand this.
My stepson is an attorney. My congressman lives practically next door - well, he's 3 lots over.

Quote:
Of course I don't expect you to as a partisan apologist with a mission against "pubs", "conservos" and "baggers". So, carry on with your juvenile cartoons and smiley faces, but like I've said, you're not fooling anyone outside of a few low-information voters.
Of course, you fail to recognize the freely flying false allegations are the very essence of the pettiest of partisan politics.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-25-2014 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-25-2014, 03:52 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
My devotion is to the reality of the situation, not hyperpartisan sensationalism and mud-slinging. And the reality is that in two years of "investigating" nothing has turned up. Those making apologies for the incompetent accusers fall back on the "stonewalling" excuse.

Laughable.
If you are upset with the length of time of the investigation, then I suggest you write your Messiah and tell him to forward the documents the Senate Committee requested two years ago. It is the criminal in the White House that has been delaying the investigation, no one else.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Then why keep bringing up Benghazi, over and over and over and over again?
Simple questions have not been answered

Old 09-25-2014, 07:08 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It's not just "pubs" in congress claiming this, but members of the media and journalists as you surely know if you've been paying any attention, but dismiss in your unfailing devotion to this administration. When the injustice and corruption extends to the DOJ and IRS, and the same party in congress is complicit or even helps facilitate it, of course the minority will run into stonewalls.

Familiar with attorneys? There are lots of them in our government. Anyone who is familiar with the practice will understand this. Of course I don't expect you to as a partisan apologist with a mission against "pubs", "conservos" and "baggers". So, carry on with your juvenile cartoons and smiley faces, but like I've said, you're not fooling anyone outside of a few low-information voters.

I would never state that holding 7 hearings along with countless documents amounts to stonewalling, same thing with the IRS scandal. Issa could have questioned these very same people from the latest Fox News revelation in front of the committee, now why do you suppose they missed that, certainly not stonewalling.

Just because the GOP didn't get the answers that wanted doesn't mean we do this forever, I am sure they have more important work to perform.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:12 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
If you are upset with the length of time of the investigation, then I suggest you write your Messiah and tell him to forward the documents the Senate Committee requested two years ago. It is the criminal in the White House that has been delaying the investigation, no one else.
Keep calling him the Messiah but congress continues to neglect it's duty when it comes to putting their name on something meaningful such as having a serious vote on bombing Syria, instead they went on vacation for 2 weeks.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Two things:

1. The longer this silly "investigation" continues w/o any substance, the worse the investigators look.

2. If, as you claim, the president is withholding evidence that in itself would be an impeachable offense. One that those who make the accusation must either have a basis for or else their allegations are empty. And if they have info pointing to this being the case, doesn't it seem strange to you that they're doing absolutely nothing about it? Unless it's simply more childish name-calling. And all indications point to that being exactly what's going on here.

Feel free to cite anything more substantial than right wing opinion that backs up your claim. Or admit that it's just more empty phony outrage. Been a whole lotta that over the past 6 years. Record levels.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Simple questions have not been answered
-OR-

The answers simply don't work to fan the false flames of phony outrage.

But repeating the accusations certainly gets the haters up and barking.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
-OR-

The answers simply don't work to fan the false flames of phony outrage.

But repeating the accusations certainly gets the haters up and barking.

Why not answer just one.
Why was Chris in bengazi when the British and red cross had pulled out due to security concerns.
What was his purpose in going there?
Never seen an answer to that

Old 09-25-2014, 07:51 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Another bombshell, huh?

Well, at least you righties are spacing them out.

it came from a Obama supporter
he got slapped around by them and then decided to come forward
why not read about it before you stick your fingers in your ears and yell LALALA!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies