Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 04:12 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,073,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
If only the same people who kept Ferguson in the news everyday got into this one with the same fever.
Excellent post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
But its the police who initiate and request the warrants. They are not blameless.
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You make a lot of assumptions, not the least of which is that the judge will grant the search warrant. Many judges, especially those concerned about civil liberties deny the warrants, even when they shouldn't.

Regardless, rest assured your apparent zeal for LEO's to be killed due to karma or to teach them to stop the practice of no knock warrants is a despicable attitude.
I may not like dope smoking hippies, or ignorant liberals who vote for communists, but I do not wish them any physical harm.
I make ZERO assumptions..I did it for a living in three different states and am 100% sure I know more about it when I am asleep than you do when you are fully awake..everything I stated was true IN MY EXPERIENCE and I stand behind it..I also have no zeal for cops getting killed as I still have a LOT of cops who I consider friends and who hang out at my shop quite often...my zeal is for the paramilitary type cops to quit the crap and do what they were hired to do..protect and SERVE
..they endanger themselves and others with their wannabe Rambo tactics and they violate Americans rights in a lot of instances..if they get killed doing it then so be it,they bid on the job,they were paid a weekly or bi-monthly check to do it...that was the attitude I had..I bid the job and did it to the best of my ability knowing if I got smoked that was just the breaks...LE work is less dangerous than just about any "man" job out there...car wrecks enroute to a scene and heart attacks from sitting on your butt day in and day out are the major danger and if you look Police memorials over you can plainly see that...I just Thank God I had good job skills in other crafts and was able to quit when I had enough of the BS and go to jobs that although were much harder,much more dangerous and I lot more actual work involved I enjoyed the people I worked with better and most had at least 30 IQ points above any LE I worked with...some excellent cops out there and I know a few,but they are the exception and not the rule(that goes double for drunken IL state troopers)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 04:27 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,235 times
Sounds to me like the only thing this homeowner got wrong was not taking out more of the terrorist home invaders!

Old 09-17-2014, 05:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Can't get much more defenseless than these guys,

Pin by Gail Barber on DIRTY COPS | Pinterest

That fat ass cop resigned.

He is working for another police dept.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:17 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
If this was just a regular Thug breaking into this man's home and was killed, it would be justifiable, why because these are police officers they get a pass. Please, knock down my door and don't announce yourself, It will be like that scene in Pulp Fiction, just start shooting at anything moving. Well except the dogs, can't hurt my little ones.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:18 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblair5 View Post
The ironic thing is, people from the right and left agree this no-knock crap is just that, crap. It is against our 4th amendment plain as day.

This guy had every right to protect his house.
The only way to give them a message they'll understand is jury nullification. Time after time after enough "not guilty" and eventually even the most hardened thug will get the message.

And I am not anti cop but pro constitution.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:25 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,907,004 times
My guess is that the officials in Killean will push this, but the charges will be dropped somewhere along the way, the Grand Jury, the judge or the appeal process. Sorry, most folks in Texas will say that the Police f**ked up. No charges. BTW, they must have been pretty lousy SWAT officers to get beat by one guy.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Sounds to me like the only thing this homeowner got wrong was not taking out more of the terrorist home invaders!

He needed more fire power!

The BAR barking and they would have backed off.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:12 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
If this was just a regular Thug breaking into this man's home and was killed, it would be justifiable, why because these are police officers they get a pass. Please, knock down my door and don't announce yourself, It will be like that scene in Pulp Fiction, just start shooting at anything moving. Well except the dogs, can't hurt my little ones.
Don't worry, the police will kill the dogs. That's the first thing they like to do - shoot the dog because it was "viscous".

Old 09-17-2014, 08:05 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
Marvin Lewis Guy is protected by the Castle Doctrine.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:28 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,692 times
Quote:
Sadly, a poster like you ...
Posters “like me” huh? And just what the F&H would that be? After that unwarranted insult you have lost any and all credibility that you cannot debate in a congenial civilized manner.

Quote:
For starters,
You demonstrate zero knowledge of anything about me and only make it worse rambling on and on. Breaking into innocent people’s homes is indefensible no matter how you try and sugar coat, defend and condone it. A badge is not a license to B&E or take innocent life. Those who defend such policies are sad individuals indeed and just as guilty and culpable as the badge wearing criminal perpetrators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies