Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 08:41 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,956 times

Advertisements

i like how the media claimed , he was beaten with a tree branch. make it sound like its three inch log
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 08:59 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
This is nothing new. In America you are guilty until proven innocent. You see it in what you pointed out, and it happens everyday. Furthermore are "laws" and "regulations" are written with an assumption of guilt. That is why we have the phenomena of "victimless crimes" and "preventative" penalties. This is a police state. We are not people but "citizens" or "subjects".
Post of the week...
I tell people this all the time, but most are in denial.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:38 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This has been thrown out the window long ago.
Along with the right to a speedy trial.

Look at the Peterson child discipline case.
This guy has been made guilty by the media, until the court has a chance to prove him innocent.
Being found guilty by the media (or the public opinion) doesn't send a person straight to jail. Only a speedy trial does that, and the law can never work as fast as a TV news crew, no matter how speedy it is.

'Speedy' is pretty subjective anyway. There are lots of times when either the defendant or the prosecution requests a delay for any number of reasons, but ultimately, for just one: that more time is needed for proper justice to be delivered.

It has never been clear who's rights are being protected by a speedy trial, either. If a Prosecutor gets a speedy trial, who is being protected? The public or the defendant? If the defense gets a speedy trial, who is being protected? A possibly guilty man or the public?

After all, one side or the other request a speedy trial for vastly different reasons. The prosecution does so because they're confident they have all the evidence needed, while the defense often knows that the real damning evidence hasn't been uncovered yet. Or the defense is so sure of their client's innocence that they are fully prepared to take the risk.

Knowing the difference between a speedy trial and a rush to judgement is often a very fine and delicate line.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:46 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
This has been thrown out the window long ago.
Along with the right to a speedy trial.

Look at the Peterson child discipline case.
This guy has been made guilty by the media, until the court has a chance to prove him innocent.
umm, peterson didnt deny what he did. he is denying the definition of what he did.

Child Punishment vs abuse.

Also, the mother leaked the pictures of the childs body, are you defending this ?

[IMG] [/IMG]

update, I originally posted the leaked picture that shows his wounds, but something clicked in my mind. images like that shouldnt be shared over the internet so i took it down.

Last edited by dsjj251; 09-17-2014 at 01:05 AM..

Old 09-17-2014, 05:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
umm, peterson didnt deny what he did. he is denying the definition of what he did.

Child Punishment vs abuse.

Also, the mother leaked the pictures of the childs body, are you defending this ?

update, I originally posted the leaked picture that shows his wounds, but something clicked in my mind. images like that shouldnt be shared over the internet so i took it down.

Ya, the liberal media took it from disciplining the child, to beating the kid.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:54 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
The war on terra... and a trumped up drug war is turning this country into a police state! Gotta keep the profits rolling to the Miltary and Prison Industrial Complexes!

Old 09-17-2014, 12:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Unless you're not a liberal, in which case, every liberal insists that your voice should be regulated by Congress to keep you silenced during elections.
You making stuff up as you go, sure looks like it.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:38 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
There is a difference, you know that right. Spanking does not leave cuts or major bruising, beatings do. Was it intentional, I do not know, one of his other wives says this is not the first time something like this has happened but I would be suspect of her comments at this point. The courts will decide whether or not he abused the child or not, so the reality is nothing you or I say counts for squat and as for the NFL, it is their business and that is what it is, a business, and they are looking out for their own best interests.

Oh by the way, you are right about one thing, we are guilty until proven innocent and that has been the case for many, many years, get arrested for something you did not know and even if you manage to get a not guilty verdict some people will still say you are guilty because they believe no one gets arrest or charged unless they did the crime. Welcome to Reality

Old 09-18-2014, 02:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
There is a difference, you know that right. Spanking does not leave cuts or major bruising, beatings do. Was it intentional, I do not know, one of his other wives says this is not the first time something like this has happened but I would be suspect of her comments at this point. The courts will decide whether or not he abused the child or not, so the reality is nothing you or I say counts for squat and as for the NFL, it is their business and that is what it is, a business, and they are looking out for their own best interests.

Oh by the way, you are right about one thing, we are guilty until proven innocent and that has been the case for many, many years, get arrested for something you did not know and even if you manage to get a not guilty verdict some people will still say you are guilty because they believe no one gets arrest or charged unless they did the crime. Welcome to Reality
Im honestly not sure if he doesnt or if he is just trolling.

Its hard to tell.

I mean, i have never met anyone who thought it was OK to "spank" a child to the point of leaving bloody whelps on their legs and *******.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:07 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times
Quote:
I don't think the media did that, I think Petersen did that when he left the kid bruised and bloody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies