Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 01:21 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Christian ideals, burdell.
First Commandment vs. First Amendment - which embodies a Christian ideal, again?

Old 09-17-2014, 03:49 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
If I were President they would all be targets of aggressive FBI investigations and have all their finances frozen.
CAIR is already an unindicted co-conspirator in a case involving the funding of Hamas. Their official name is a complete ruse.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
All they have to do is quietly take up leadership positions in the government. Violence would still bring the U.S. together, but secretly taking over power in our government is a whole different story.
And how exactly does one "quietly take up leadership positions in the government?" This Manchurian Candidate nonsense is really getting old.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:59 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
I am thoroughly repulsed by the fact that the Counsel of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) is in the back pocket of Barack Obama.

If I were President, they'd be relegated to a lemonade stand in Dearborn, Michigan never to be heard from or consulted again.
hmm... are they in his or is he in theirs?

Old 09-17-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems to me a lot of people have no problem with substantially increasing the federal debt so long as it is for defense/ military spending. A lot of people have no problem with boots on the ground, so long as those are other people's boots.

I advocate for the imposition of a Flat War Tax on ALL individual and corporate income. No credits/deductions. Low income and Social Security would be included. 20% off the top should just about cover the cost of being the global leader and paying off some of the accumulated debt associated with decades of prior defense spending that was piled onto the federal debt.

While we are at it, let's reinstitute conscription- no exemptions beyond those who are severely and permanently disabled. Forget about education and/ or religious deferments. It's an opportunity to become employed, reduce obesity and get into top physical shape, earn VA educational benefits and healthcare.
We spend far too much on things that our government should not be spending on at all. The entire welfare system is unconstitutional. Where in the Constitution do you find any reference to spending on welfare? What is meant by "the general welfare" is "the general well being," and has nothing to do with hand-outs to "the poor," which had always been the realm of the private sector, such as the churches. And they still do that work today, even though some advocate for taking away their tax exempt status because they may address social issues (read "political issues") in sermons and other church activities, which, like the press, they should be free to do.

Defense (military spending) is a duty of the Federal Government that is specifically specified in the Constitution. Welfare is not.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nothing in the Bible say we have to support Israel in any way, including sending them 3 Billion USD Plus a year or fighting their wars, it said we should not be their enemy, not sending them money is not being an enemy is it following the scriptures: do not be a borrower or lender.
Of course when the Bible was written, there was no Israel (as we know it today), and there was no United States.

But for us to turn our backs on the Jews and Israel is antithetical to Christianity, since we are "Jews by adoption." I don't think God is pleased with the way this administration has been treating Israel.

The apostles did not turn their backs on the Jews, but preached to them the "good news" and made many Jewish converts, as well as Gentiles. (Read Acts, if you have never read it. If you have, perhaps you need to revisit it).

Here's a place to start: Persecuted for Truth

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 09-17-2014 at 04:42 PM..

Old 09-17-2014, 05:20 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
hmm... are they in his or is he in theirs?
That's a very good question.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:41 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
While the government and the liberal media will not admit it, we are in the midst of a Holy War with Islam, all of it which has been prophesied in the Bible.
Prophesy. I see. Next time I read that right-wingers are rational thinkers who base their opinions on facts, I'll keep your post in mind.

Anyway, since it's all been prophesied, who wins?

Old 09-17-2014, 06:42 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,811 times
We would never have Muslim sympathizers in positions of power in the US.....oh wait.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
All they have to do is quietly take up leadership positions in the government. Violence would still bring the U.S. together, but secretly taking over power in our government is a whole different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies