Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 03:39 AM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
How many people in America have been arrested for saying things about Islam? None, They are not "more free" then we are...

I wonder how many 7 year olds in Canada have been suspended for chewing their pop tart in to the shape of a gun?

Or how many in Canada are arrested for drinking Iced tea?

Or for sleeping on a train?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 10:22 AM

1,259 posts, read 826,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
A little known fact about Switzerland, is that cheese is used for target practice -hence Swiss cheese

I like it lol

Old 09-25-2014, 10:25 AM

It's funny when our trailer-park-conservatives want to discuss world politics when they don't even have a clue about our own neighbor to the north... hilarious. Yes, Canada, oppressed by a tyrannical regime lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Wha? Yes we do. lol I take it you're talking about hate speech laws. Look, I can go around all day long screamin about how I hate Muslims, or gay folks, Mexicans, Christians, Jews, etc, etc. But when I start advocating for their murder/harm in PUBLIC, or to the public, via intimidation, harassment, physical force, or threat of physical force...............then there is a problem.

I don't see what's so bad about that.

Uh......

Maybe I can't blame you for not knowing, now that I see the results, but the World Press freedom Index tells me that Canada ranks in at #18 in the world, while the United States of America is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down there, at #46. Right below Romania, and just above Haiti.

Holy s***. Christ on a bike, man. WTF are you even going on about? lol

Freedom of Association is guaranteed under section 2 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. You think the guys making Camaros and Chargers, your Ford Triton motors for your F150's etc etc are working without a union? LMAO!!!

Or that we don't have Masonic, or other lodges? No Boy Scouts or Girl Guides? Marches? Protests? Strikes?

My SKS is illegal then? Are you aware that a GM6 Lynx semi auto .50 BMG bull pup is classified as a NON-RESTRICTED weapon in Canada? I can ride around with it in my Jeep all day and no one can say sweet **** all about it. Okay, wait, it has to be unloaded. And if I leave the vehicle, it has to be secured (ie: locked car/trunk) and hidden (ie: under a jacket)

Wrong again. The owner of the expropriated property must be compensated for the market value of the expropriated property, any impact on the remaining property if they don't take your house, disturbance damages, business loss, and special difficulty relocating.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:51 AM

433 posts, read 289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
It's funny when our trailer-park-conservatives want to discuss world politics when they don't even have a clue about our own neighbor to the north... hilarious. Yes, Canada, oppressed by a tyrannical regime lol
A nation where you are arrested for speaking your mind is tyrannical...But laugh it off you have no defense.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
A nation where you are arrested for speaking your mind is tyrannical...But laugh it off you have no defense.

You can be arrested for speaking your mind in America. Just go to a movie theater and tell everybody that you think the place is on fire. There is no place on the planet where you can freely speak your mind.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:13 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,797,822 times
Quote:
You can be arrested for speaking your mind in America. Just go to a movie theater and tell everybody that you think the place is on fire. There is no place on the planet where you can freely speak your mind.
Another bad comparison.

Probably would be best for you to read up on the actual case.
Schenck v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-26-2014, 12:01 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,263,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
ok about the one, but the others? where are they from.
You posted them. You tell us.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Seriously?

Until recently handguns were banned in DC, and it was the Murder Capital of the US. Currently, Chicago holds the title of Murder Capital of the US, where firearms are heavily restricted. Whereas in Alaska, which has the highest number of firearms per capita in the US, has a murder rate of 4.1 per 100,000 - below the national average.
Meh. You could put the population of Alaska into the Chicago city limits and have room to spare. No valid comparison in this one.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
What was the sign of a well-rounded man before guns were invented? Also, can one not support gun control yet be an accomplished marksman in several categories? They are not mutually exclusive. I don't think your position is particularly well thought out and am skeptical of your mental abilities.
Before firearms were invented, what was the sign of a well rounded Swiss man? Pikes. The Swiss were big on pikes. The Brits were big on longbows.

Armed citizenry isn't new.

Old 09-26-2014, 04:47 PM

433 posts, read 289,888 times
Quote:
Once again with the fire in a movie theater bit..Name one person who has ever been arrested for that?

Not the same thing as the "hate speech" laws in Canada..You have nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies