Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 03:15 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,806 times

Advertisements

Yeah I know we have the whole convoluted Obamacare thing going on, but it's garbage and doesn't do crap unless you are wealthy or at least very well off. It certainly hasn't helped me any, I still have to pay out the arse for any meds or dr/hospital visits.

Seriously, why is getting good healthcare in America such a PITA? When discussing healthcare why not just simply copy the system from a European country instead of this half-assed Obamacare crap.

America is by far the richest country in the world, is there even ONE good reason we don't simply adopt/copy the NHS other countries have such as Canada, UK, etc? America has 17 TRILLION dollars, you can't tell me if our govt really wanted to implement a NHS system where EVERYONE gets good healthcare they couldn't, instead we get this Obamacare crap. Why not simply copy the success of other countries in this area? Just plain greed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 03:16 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Why would we want to trade our fantastic health care system for the gross incompetence of government run waste, fraud, incompetence, and abuse?

Old 09-16-2014, 03:18 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,686 times
Another government racketeering scheme is maybe not what we want in America.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Here's an idea: deregulate, void patents, void copyrights, void zoning laws, etc. and allow human beings to address what they do to and with their bodies however they see fit.

I know...insanity!

Old 09-16-2014, 04:04 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
At least half the current economic activity in the US is fraud-based, including in the Healthcare industry.

And the fraudsters or their interest groups own politicians.

Obamacare is simply more of the same.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:34 PM

815 posts, read 737,452 times
Yeah....because the government does such a great job running everything else.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:42 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Getting good health care in the US wasn't a problem for over 85% of the population before Obama. Obamacare was a political agenda in search of a problem, which it seems to be doing fine creating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
America is by far the richest country in the world, is there even ONE good reason we don't simply adopt/copy the NHS other countries have such as Canada, UK, etc?
The US isn't Canada, UK, etc you can't cherry pick one thing that (sort of) works in another country and think you can drop it into the US. All of the reasons it wouldn't work because of how different the US is and the problems the US has have been hashed over many many times.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:46 PM

847 posts, read 767,401 times
whenever the health care debate comes along,
I find it amusing for people to start pontificating based on their very limited knowledge.

HealthCare is something 20%-25% of our GDP. It's delivery, accessibility, cost, quality is very complicated subject matter.

please don't read a few b.s talking points form a liberal or conservative political source and then start rambling about Healthcare as if you are prophet.

I have worked on health care software (Hospital, Clinics, Single Provider).
The system is so complex there is not many people who fully grasp how it operates.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Getting good health care in the US wasn't a problem for over 85% of the population before Obama. Obamacare was a political agenda in search of a problem, which it seems to be doing fine creating.
85%. Really?

Would you mind linking to the source of this information, please.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
whenever the health care debate comes along,
I find it amusing for people to start pontificating based on their very limited knowledge.

HealthCare is something 20%-25% of our GDP. It's delivery, accessibility, cost, quality is very complicated subject matter.

please don't read a few b.s talking points form a liberal or conservative political source and then start rambling about Healthcare as if you are prophet.

I have worked on health care software (Hospital, Clinics, Single Provider).
The system is so complex there is not many people who fully grasp how it operates.
Those of us who do realize that most of it is due to the vast overuse of insurance, regulation, and our litigiousness. We get surprisingly little for all the vast costs those three impose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies