Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:27 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman1 View Post
This table shows the % of freshman admitted into the UC system in 2014, 2013, 2012 by race. I do not understand why you think Ward Conerlly is an Uncle Tom because from I see Hispanics are the second most represented in the system behind only Asians. Black freshmen only make up 4.2% of the total but are only 6% of the population. I think getting rid of AA in California has been a blessing and remember schools go out of their way to get black students as UCLA has shown by breaking the law so Blacks are the ones to blame if they can't get in even after all the breaks they get.

http://www.ucop.edu/news/factsheets/...ons-table3.pdf
Ward Connerly is a boot licking tom... There's more to his story than most people on this board realizes. I suggest you read up on him if you're not aware. That aside, the UC system is pretty hard to get into. But just like all other major obstacles blacks have risen despite institutional oppression... In California every school district isn't created equal. In regards to Southern California, there is more inequality than most other parts of the country. Most blacks that are educated in the public school system are brought up in LA Unified. Do you think the same resources are available in the south LA part of LA Unified over a school district like Irvine Unified? Think about it? If college prep classes isn't offered at a school and a child receives a 4.0 should he not be given the same chance that another child received that had the opportunity to grow up in a better neighborhood?

UCLA is attempting to do the right thing despite what that self hating idiot achieved...

Old 09-22-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Some "historically black colleges" are a joke. When I first set up shop in Louisiana, we hired a person from Southern University. Graduated with a 3.8 in our field.

I was shocked and dismayed that this person was borderline illiterate and lacked the benefit of ever being challenged. No critical thinking skills what-so-ever. My partner really wanted to hire a minority.

What I didn't know is that some of these colleges are just diploma mills, sucking in federal grants and student loans. I know know that many of my colleagues have experienced this as well. Engineering friend got burned by several HBCU grads and their firm has an unofficial policy to never have one be resposible for anything having to do with bridges. From then on we started giving problem solving tests to applicants.

Having said that, we have a black girl who graduated from a major university and she is a great asset to have.
What specific HBCUs are you talking about? There are a ton of people out there that graduated with high GPAs and don't possess a single ounce of common sense. There are many others who have parents that got them into prestigious schools without ever earning there place for one second! Before you stereotype and attack black colleges you need to make sure you don't live in a glass house...

Old 09-22-2014, 09:35 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post

UCLA is attempting to do the right thing despite what that self hating idiot achieved...
Denying/accepting people based on race is "the right thing" according to you.

Low-income Asians are getting denied in favor of middle-class black students with lower scores and grades. I guess when you lack critical thinking skills, you can't even see how hypocritical and ironic you are.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
What specific HBCUs are you talking about?
Southern University. Apparently it is a terrible school.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Denying/accepting people based on race is "the right thing" according to you.

Low-income Asians are getting denied in favor of middle-class black students with lower scores and grades. I guess when you lack critical thinking skills, you can't even see how hypocritical and ironic you are.
I never mentioned anything about denying things and stuff ... And since you're claiming "Low-income Asians are getting denied in favor of middle-class black students with lower scores and grades" please name these individuals! By name list the blacks with low grades that displaced Asians. By name!!!

I'm not going to hold my breath for you to actually substantiate your claims because it's not the conservative way...

Old 09-22-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
What specific HBCUs are you talking about? There are a ton of people out there that graduated with high GPAs and don't possess a single ounce of common sense. There are many others who have parents that got them into prestigious schools without ever earning there place for one second!
Feel free to call out some of these schools that you think aren't producing intelligent, well educated graduates. Go ahead and name some universities. I did.

Quote:
Before you stereotype and attack black colleges you need to make sure you don't live in a glass house...
I went to the University of Washington. English is my second language. First generation American. First generation college graduate. My children are the first in my family to grow up not knowing hunger as a child.

Which university did you go to?

Old 09-22-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to hold my breath for you to actually substantiate your claims because it's not the conservative way...
So everyone who isn't a racist in favor of blacks is a conservative? You're just not very bright and you seem entitled. Did you go to a HBCU?

Last edited by things and stuff; 09-22-2014 at 10:14 PM..

Old 09-22-2014, 09:58 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
Quote:
What specific HBCUs are you talking about?
That's what I would like to know.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Feel free to call out some of these schools that you think aren't producing intelligent, well educated graduates. Go ahead and name some universities. I did.

I went to the University of Washington. English is my second language. First generation American. First generation college graduate. My children are the first in my family to grow up not knowing hunger as a child.

Which university did you go to?
Apparently UW. But I did two years a Green River than transferred to Cal State Dominguez.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:06 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
So everyone who isn't a racist in favor of blacks is a conservative? You're just not very bright and you seem entitled. Did you go to a HCBU?
The very fact that you assume he went to an HBCU exposes your own bigoted attitudes. And furthermore, shows a deep level of ignorance. Why not ask before making erroneous assumptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies