Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2014, 08:56 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times

Advertisements

If SCOTUS gets the case it will be reversed. The 9th Circuit exists to be reversed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 08:59 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,767,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I wonder if those in this country of Irish decent get their panties in a wad when someone wears or flies an American flag on St. Patrick's Day?
YES! At least some do. Wearing an American flag to the St Patrick's Day parade around here is just asking to get your ass kicked. The only thing worse is wearing the Union Jack or the flag of England (either one of those is a clear insult, whereas the American flag is just an oversight.
But I know some parades encourage displaying the American flag, especially on the east coast, so it definitely varies from city to city.

Last edited by marigolds6; 09-20-2014 at 09:08 AM..

Old 09-20-2014, 09:07 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I wonder if those in this country of Irish decent get their panties in a wad when someone wears or flies an American flag on St. Patrick's Day?
The 1 or 2 "Irish" kids who'd be upset be put in their place real fast and I'm of Irish family. lol

Old 09-20-2014, 09:11 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
YES! At least some do. Wearing an American flag to the St Patrick's Day parade around here is just asking to get your ass kicked. The only thing worse is wearing the Union Jack or the flag of England (either one of those is a clear insult, whereas the American flag is just an oversight.
But I know some parades encourage displaying the American flag, especially on the east coast, so it definitely varies from city to city.
That's just stupid copping an attitude over OUR flag and I'm of Irish family. Tho I can see what you mean about wearing a British flag and some fools acting ghetto.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:31 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
IMO, if these kids of Mexican origin want to make a statement in our schools then those who oppose it should have the right to protest it peacefully by wearing patriotic t-shirts.

If the schools want to silence one side then they should also silence the other side.
For the record from the local paper on May 5, 2010

Five Morgan Hill students sent home for wearing American flag T-shirts - Morgan Hill Times: Community

Some Mexican-American students said that their flags were taken away or asked to be put away, but none were sent home for wearing red, white and green.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:55 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Why is it wrong to wear the flag of this nation? Why would wearing our flag upset anyone? Shame on a school that would ban our colors in favor of those of a dump like Mexico.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:57 AM

894 posts, read 1,050,425 times
I'm sorry but if my kid was in an environment where he has to worry about being beaten up by Mexican kids, he'd be out of that school so fast his head would spin. All the American parents should pull their kids out and watch what a cesspool that high school will turn into in six months.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:21 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
IMO, if these kids of Mexican origin want to make a statement in our schools then those who oppose it should have the right to protest it peacefully by wearing patriotic t-shirts.

If the schools want to silence one side then they should also silence the other side.
The school did "silence" both sides. Only one side sued the school though.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:24 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
we promote cowardice. social engineering.
a entire generation of cowards.
under the guise of tolerance and multiculturalism.
but its mostly apologetic white guy behavior training.
every news caster every anchor man is now richard simmons
Can I get an Amen!

Old 09-20-2014, 10:25 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The incident happened four years ago and looking at the video that the kids from the school made they are trying to get past the days of Brown Pride, Black Pride, Asian Pride, and even White Pride. Thats actually the conservative goal isnt it to get rid of the labels. It was the adults who were demonstrating in front of the school who are making an issue out of it.

Live Oak High School - YouTube
How ironic to have made a three minute video of quotes from students on racial diversity in the school without including a single hispanic kid in the lineup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies